My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I am hoping to share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce always carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

SKETCH LIBRARY

Sunday, 10 October 2010

WEDDING INVITATION

Hi Everyone

A special share today.

I have been out for the day with my Sister to the NEC at Birmingham to look around the Bridal Exhibition.  Wow!!  What a lovely day.  I wanted to look at the stationery and my lovely Sis wanted to look at the bridal bags .. .. some of you may remember the fair we did where my stationery and her lovely bags were on show.

There were so many beautiful things to see at the exhibition.  Beautiful dresses, with beautiful brides trying them on .. .. gorgeous outfits for Mothers .. .. menswear, cakes galore (along with cupcakes galore) .. .. exotic wedding venues, bouquets and then of course my favourite parts .. .. the wedding stationery.

Quite a few things for "quirky" weddings too as in "nontraditional" wedding dresses and cakes.  We certainly had out eyes opened.

There were lots of places that sold bespoke stationery that was so lovely .. .. sadly some was warping though.   Eeekkk  -  not a good look!!!.  I wouldn't be happy if mine did that!!!

So I have come home with my head buzzing with ideas for extending my wedding range and couldn't wait to get home to get creative. 

On one stationery stand I recognised a butterfly as being one of my punches .. .. and simply had to have a go at making a piece of stationery using the butterfly as they had used it.  I think it is quite effective and I have certainly never thought of using my punch in this way.  I am sorry but I do not know which stand this was on .. there were so many of them!!  If I manage to find out I will post a link to it.

Anyway here is my take on the invitation .. .. I promise it is not a direct copy .. .. I have added my own slant to it.





This didn't use much from the craft pod actually .. .. just my trusty butterfly and heart punch and then my guillotine.  The stamp I believe came from The Papermill Store.  Diamond stickles and sticky back pearls.

I am really pleased with the result.

So, now for the more unusual stands that were exhibiting.  Can you believe there was a stand that was selling Wedding Insurance.. .. another that was offering Bridal Confidence Training and another that would choreograph your first dance for you .. .. jeepers.  It was nothing like this in my day!! 

I hope you have all enjoyed your Sunday as much as I have.

Love

23 comments:

Sally H said...

That is gorgeous! I lvoe the ribbon going through the aperture! Beautiful!

Doreen said...

Wow this is stunning Jules,with invitations like these you cannot fail to be successful in your venture.xxx

chris said...

Now thats what i call special.

pinky said...

Its gorgeous and a lovely idea. That butterfly is an excellent one for wedding stationery.
Pinky

Zoe said...

Beautiful x

xGemmax said...

Gorgeous wedding invitation Jules....love the butterfly and the way you have done the ribbon!
hugs and xxx

Tracy said...

I think you've done a wonderful creation. So elegant and beautiful. I love the ribbon through the back of the butterfly.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lynne K said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jules. A very creative use of the butterfly punch, and I love the colour too. xx

Crafty Chris said...

this is stunning love how you have used the butterfly with the ribbon through it, gorgeous colour,
Chris x

Delphine said...

WOW!!!! AMAZING!!! Jules, this is soooo beautiful! I just love it, love it, love it!!!! Hugs Delphine xx

Juls said...

so gorgeous and elegant! Hugs Juls

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Jules!! I love the purple ribbon and the popped up butterfly!!

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWW Jules this is awesome it is so creative and inspirational especially how you have done the ribbon, wow, beautiful work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

craftimamma said...

What a clever idea Jules. Beautiful invitation. Can just imagine some of the beautiful things you saw as well as some of the more bizzare, Lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Netty said...

Sounds like everything was catered for Jules. I love your card its so elegant and classy. Annette x

Annmaree said...

this is so lovely, elegant yet simple and divine

Nicola said...

Great card and perfect for anyones special day. Hugs Nicola xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hunnie, just love the ribbon through the flutterbut, its perfect!
Op was cancelled so not a happy bunnie, waiting to here about new date but they say after crimbo so another 3-4 months in pain arggghh!!!
Oh well never mind lol....
can you emither me hunnie about this show thing your doing this weekend might talk Nige into taking me out for the day lol...& it would be great to see ya !!
hugs shell xx
shell-swinscoe@virginmedia.com

coops said...

WOW!!! this is simply stunning jules.beautiful soft lilac colours and i love the way the ribbons goes under the butterfly.very effective :D

xx coops xx

Amy Johnson said...

Such an elegant and beautiful wedding card. love the unique way of using that punch.

Jacee said...

Lovely invitation Jules, I'm sure any bride would be very proud to send this design to their guests, fabulous!

Elanie said...

Amazing! those invitations are great as wedding favors already!

Little K Smith said...

Ooohh this is stunning Jules, so simple but so elegant too! Gorgeous!
Kelly.x