My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 8 March 2009

MY FIRST BLOG POST EVER! (I will never, ever be able to say that again)

Hi

New blog on the block!

A very important date in my life - Sunday, 8th March 2009. The day I make my first post on the blog I have been threatening to set up for months and months.

I have finally took the plunge and with the help of my hubby and "techi" son here it is. (Thanks chaps - you came to my rescue once again!).

I hope I have done everything correctly and this posting appears on screen as it was intended. Still lots I want to do to my blog but I can tell it is going to be a slow learning curve. But never mind .. .. I have made the first huge step and that means I can take part in some of those lovely craft challenges. Panic - something else I am going to have to learn - posting a link!!!.

Well it is no good doing a first blog posting without showing off a creation.

This card is for everyone who may happen to stumble upon my blog today!

So what did I use to create my first showing:

  • Backing papers are a download from Pink Petticoat
    Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder
    Fiskars Threading Water punch
    Anita's flower image stamp embossed onto mulberry paper
    Sentiment from Elzybells Art Stamps
    Hobby Craft Ribbon
    Brads and beads from my stash

Well there it is - my first blog entry - I hope it was worth waiting for. Have a good day everyone. I'm off now to create a card for entering into my first craft challenge .. .. I can see housework is going to be even more of an inconvenience now!!!

Thanks for looking -Love Jules xx

18 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Hi honey and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, you will get lots of inspiration as there are lots of talented people out there...

Your card is really pretty and done in such lovely colours, i have started following you as i would love to see what you come up with, i will also add you to my blog roll...

Have a great sunday and big hugs from Pops x x x

Wendy said...

Hi Jules, thanks for the comment on my blog love your card and the blogs looking great too, there'll be no stopping you now.
Wendy x

Sheila said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Jules....it's looking good and I love your card.
Hugs
Sheila-x-

craftimamma said...

Hello Jules and welcome to the blogging world. I love your first post and card which is in my favourite colour theme.

I'm going to start following you too and will add you to my blog roll.

Lesley Xx

Christine said...

Hello Jules, welcome to the blogging world.
I know we are in for a treat as this is your first post and beautiful card, lovely colour scheme.
I have started to follow you and will add you to my blog roll shortly.
Hugs
Christine xx

Kath Stewart said...

well done Jules on being the new kid on the block and what a fabulous card to kick off with....can't wait to see your PB Challenge card....will be back to pay you a visit.
Hugs Kath xxxxxxx

Jackie said...

Hi there, welcome to blogging land, it should come with a health warning believe me it's addictive. I can see from your first card on here that you are going to be a fantastic source of inspiration.

Jackie

Nicki said...

Lovely card Jules, if this is a sign of things to come we're in for a treat with your new blog. Enjoy it, it's addictive!

Manda said...

Hi Jules

I am a newbie too lol

Not as good at card making as you (your card is lovely!) But I try lol

It is very addictive. So happy blogging!

Manda x

Mrs Wonka said...

Welcome to blog land, it is a highly addictive place to be! I LOVE your card it is baeutiful, I can't wait to see more.

Mrs Wonka x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Hi Jules
Welcome to 'Blogland'! ^.^
Your card is gorgeous...can't wait to see some more!! ♥

Ali Watson said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, your life will never be the same again no time for anything else lol. Stunning card loving the colours and that flower is scrummy. look forward to seeing more of your fab creations.

debby4000 said...

Welcome to blogland and if your first cards is anything to go by, your blog is going to be gorgeous. Found the heart too.

loftylass said...

Hi Jules, welcome to blogland - it's true it is addictive (and I don't have a blog...yet)
Your card is gorgeous and I found the heart - (neat)!! Look forward to the next ones.
HW..xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! Wish I had half the talent many of you ladies had!! Welcome to the blog world 80)

helen said...

loving your blog jules well done, i have a very distant memory of something called housework tho i may be mistaken and think it might actually be a swear word in blogland lol
keep up the good work
hugs helen x

Artyjen said...

Hello and welcome to blog land. Love the card pretty colour choice. It is so nice to have comments, I try to get round to saying something nice on the challenge entries I visit but the 9 to 5 job gets in the way, then I go home and crafting gets in the way!! :)))
xoxox

SewSuzySew said...

A Big Welcome to Blog Land!

You do realise it's addictive lol!

Beautiful Card, the Blue, Brown & Gold look lovely together!

Suze x