My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 17 April 2010

GETTING DISTRESSED

Hi Everyone

Well at long last I have got my distressing gear out !!!!

I saw some great demonstrations last week at Ally Pally and decided that I needed to "take the bull by the horns" and try my hand at using my distress ink pads. I also took some inspiration from my lovely Funky Hand Teamie Kath (thanks Kath x) and from the Hero Arts Club Blog.

I had a little go once before but didn't like the finished result so pushed the distressing box to one side (as you do when things don't go right). Well I decided that after seeing the lovely creations at Ally Pally and on the blogs above it was time for the box to come out again and get to grips with it.

This time I was much happier with the results. I still have a way to go but at least the finished result wasn't as hideous as my first attempt. LOL!!!

Here is what I made

This used:

Background stamps:
Elusive - 32531 "Script Background"
Hero Arts - S5316 "Silhouette Grass"
Hero Arts - G5311 "Silhouette Spray"
Sentiment - Computer Generated
Distress Inks - Tea Dye and Old Paper
Embossing Powder - Sea Foam
Martha Stewart Punch - Traditional Scallop
Josy Rose - Nail Heads
Ribbon, flower and button from the stash box

So there we go .. .. .. at last a creation I am happy with using my distress inks .. .. and I really enjoyed making it.

My base card was a pale beige before I started so I didn't need to distress all of it!!! I don't want you to think I am that good!!!

Take care everyone and have a wonderful weekend. I hope you all manage to pull a bit of crafty time in and some time to enjoy the glorious sunshine.

Thank you for calling by.

Love Jules xx

11 comments:

Pumpy said...

Oh dear, do not worry it is lovely, beaut in fact well done. Lovies xxxxx

Jacee said...

Oh my, this is soooooo gorgeous Jules, you have created a beautiful card using your distress inks, I absolutely love it, I spy the little heart too!

Kath Stewart said...

absolutely gorgeous jules and hey if this was your first attempt....bravo....and yes I love Hero Arts blog...lots of great inspiration...and let me say TH would approve...big hugs kath xxx

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!!

Little K Smith said...

This is a lovely card Jules, you've done well with your distress inks!
Take care.
Kelly.x

Tracy said...

Fabulous job, great choice of stamps and colours too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

craftimamma said...

Lovely, lovely Jules. I adore distressing and don't think I could live without my Distress Inks now.

I still might not quite get back to normal next week as Hubby is off for 3 days as it's his birthday Wednesday but it should be a bit more like it than the last two weeks.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

brenda said...

Morning Jules

I did warn you one you got them our you would be hooked, so expect to see lots more coming our way.

This is great work, well done.

B x

Kathy said...

Jules, this is absolutely stunning

mckinkle said...

Super distressing Jules.

A really beautiful soft card, I love it!

Gorgeous soft colours!

Keryn x

Grenouille Greetings said...

I’m back! Thank you for enquiring after me, Jules. That was real kind of you! I have just returned from Florida and I see you have been very creative in my absence. I have so many blogs to catch up on and unfortunately I just don't have time to comment on all the posts I missed and so I am gradually hopping through each individual’s blog and identifying a few chosen faves from their selection on which to leave a comment. I was at Ally Pally too – I’m sorry I missed you. I do like this card. Great tones and lovely layering of the images. I see you made something in the same style only yesterday and that one is lovely too! I have the tools to do this but I haven’t cracked it yet. Warmest wishes, Lesley