My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 25 August 2010

BACK WITH THE TATTERED FLORALS LOL!!!

Hi Everyone

Well I gave you a little break .. .. but today I am back with another tattered florals flower. LOL!!!

I have had a great morning creating and was so pleased with what I had managed that I decided I deserved a treat and a little play.

I always get engrossed and carried away if I get my distress inks out and time flies too quickly so I never open the "get messy" drawer unless I am happy with my progress for the day. Perhaps I should re-name it my "treat" drawer.

So here is my make
and close up
This used:

Image: Penny Black "3636K" Flying Stars
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat
Backing Paper: Memory Stor
Sizzix Die: "656640" Tattered Florals
Martha Stewart Punches: Traditional Scallop and Frond
Versamark watermark stamp pad and clear embossing powder
Distress Inks: Old Paper, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Faded Jeans
Josy Rose Nail Heads
Brad and Cord from the stash box

The main picture was created by clear embossing the image onto white card and then using distress inks to create the background.

Quite a good play session really and I am now looking at my stamps to see what else I can use this technique with.

Right time to tidy up and get back to some more creations.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Love Jules xx

18 comments:

Netty said...

Terrific Jules, love the stamped embossing. Am not going to mention the tattered florals, it hurts too much...........lol Looks great.
Annette x

Delphine said...

Amazing, Jules! I am totally addicted to Distress Inks though I don't use them really well :-), but I love your background and embossed image! No need to mention your flower :-)! Totally gorgeous card! Hugs Delphine xx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous Jules love the image.xxx

Babs said...

oh Jules your card is so beautiful, and those tattered flowers are sooo gorgeous, just love your card

Babs x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun this is gorgeous I really love the effect you have created on the backing. Your tattered flower is great as always lol
hugs shell xx

Sally H said...

Oh wow! Stunningly gorgoeus, Jules! I love it!

Tracy said...

Your play sessions really pay off as this is such a gorgeous creation. I love your stamped image.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

craftimamma said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Jules. Love the resist image and ink blending - you know I love anything inky and the colours ............. yummy, right up my street!

I love everything about this card including the flower, Lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

totally gorgeous I love your layers, and the way you did the background on the great resisted stamp!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning card Jules! Love the background you made!

Hugs
Maarit

Lynne K said...

This is so lovely, Jules. I adore those colours, and the embossed resist technique is one of my favourites. That gorgeous flower sets it off perfectly. xx

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the soft colours and the scallops and the flower is awsome!!!!! hugs Juls

slinkycat said...

This is simply gorgeous! I really love it, it's so peaceful somehow.

Leanne x

Viv said...

Fabulous card! This is a lovely PB image. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such nice comments - and thank you for the inspiration from your gorgeous creations.

brenda said...

Go girl go with this ditress inks !!

Super work Jules and a faby colour combo. I'm thinking you quite like that TH floral die, would I be right ?

B x

lisa said...

This is right up my street, Jules. I love this technique but like you getting messy tends to be a treat nowadays. You have inspired me to try this again.
I love the colours you've used, it looks stunning.
Hugs Lisax

coldwaters2 said...

Do you know Jules I will forever associate these Tattered Florals with you lol, I can see why you love them so much though they are beautiful so is your card, the background and colours along with the flower is excellent work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Little K Smith said...

Ooohhh this is just beautiful Jules! Adore the colours and love what you've done with the stamp, must give this a go!
Kelly.x