My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 7 September 2012

WORK IN PROGRESS!!

Hi Everyone

So how are those aching necks!!

Sorry, I think I tortured a few people last night with the heart search .. .. but quite a few of you managed it .. .. you know me too well!!

For those that don't go to Specsavers though I will reveal the heart at the end of this post.

But for tonight all I have to show is "a work in progress" as today I have been a bit hyperactive.  All ironing done at "daft o'clock" this morning and then I have spent my time putting inserts into all the cards I want to take to the festival next week.  Gosh I do hope the weather is like it has been today .. .. lots of people will turn out then and everyone will be happy because of the sunshine!

So inserts in and cards bagged up .. .. and now I definitely know I don't have enough LOL!!  What do you put for "panic" instead of LOL?!?!?!!?

Never mind.  Everything always gets done eventually so I am not going to worry .. .. am I ?

All was on track for making my share for today when I got a couple of new wedding enquiries through this evening .. .. and work has to come before pleasure so they came first (although work "is" pleasure so that saying doesn't make sense at all where I am concerned).

This is where I have got to with my share for the day.  At least it gives you an idea of how I put my cards together.  All the sewing work done before it makes its way anywhere near a card front and in this instance I don't even know what the image is going to be yet!  No doubt a flower of some sort as my boxes are well short of floral makes.  In fact I perhaps have more male cards than female .. .. weird.

This will therefore be completed as tomorrow's share .. ..


and you will have spotted the heart(s) already.

Had to have a play with these papers which came from the Nitwits sale today.  Don't follow the link if you are weak willed though!!

Now to the reveal from yesterday .. .. and the release of the comments from my lovely blog pals that guessed correctly.  Well done .. .. two team points for you all.  Make sure you put them on your heart finding record sheet!!

There in the bottom left hand corner by the
clock face .. ..  as spotted by lots
of you eagle eyed  heart spotters.

Have a lovely rest of this evening and a brilliant weekend everyone.

We are promised gorgeous weather here .. .. so we shall see.

Love

11 comments:

Denise said...

Your stitching is amazing - wish I could sew straight lines like that!!
Hugs
Denise xx

P.S. I am weak willed - so off to Nitwits lol!!

Cynthia said...

Oh no...was I supposed to be marking on my Heart Finding Record Sheet??? LOL!! You crack me up, Jules! =D

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, even if you aren't showing us a completed card it's still interesting to see where you begin.

I'd offer to help you with your stock but I can't even begin to stitch as evenly as that. Though I did machine stitch onto a scrap layout for the first time this week ... fortunately, it didn't have to be perfect :)

I'm not sure how these happy couples can afford their weddings and everything that leads up to them. My daughter tells me that she is going to a wedding in April and before that the hen night is going to be in Spain ... and if that isn't expense enough my SIL is going to Germany for the stag do ... how do they do it?!?!

Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Di said...

My excuse is working on a teeny notebook - but very cleverly concealed Jules!!

And how brave to do the backing papers before deciding on the final result.

It works 100% for you that's for sure. Love, Di xx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...gorgeous papers to play with Jules, from the piccy they look like a soft vintage lavander, yummy...hope you have a super weekend and get to enjoy some of the autumn sunshine...Melx :)

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I would never have got that heart in a million years, you tease...love the stitching on your work in progress, wish I could sew like that. janex

Beryl said...

Thank you for showing your work to this stage. Much clearer to see how you do it. The ribbon detail is lovely. Stitching so neat - and accurate. Can I ask - do you use glue or tape first before the stitching of the papers Jules.
Beryl xx

Lorraine said...

You hid that one well!! I can still only just see it! LOL. Maybe I should go to specsavers or I could actually wear the glasses that are in my bag!!
Lorraine x

rosie said...

another stunning creation from you Jules. I can honestly say there is nothing you have made that I haven't loved!!
cannot wait to see what this creation becomes x

Debs M said...

obvious now you have pointed it out! so jealous of your lovely stitching x

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow Jules your stitching is just perfect, love the design and the papers. hugs Shirleyxxxx