My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 28 March 2014

SWEET WISHES

Hi Everyone

Happy Friday!!

I hope you have had a good day.

Mine passed by in the blink of an eye and involved me meeting what I am sure will turn out to be the most decisive bride I will probably ever work with.

We spent about an hour and a half together and she has decided exactly what she wants from invitations through to favours and a table plan .. .. ..  and has added herself to my working list of "happy couples". Yay!!!

She had a fabulous wedding organiser book with her that was full of all the things she has already booked .. .. each page having room to write contact details etc and pockets for storing the relevant receipts/invoices etc.  I had a lovely tour of everything.  Her wedding transport, flowers, and cake .. .. and all her inspiration pictures.  It was fabby and straight away my brain was working out how I could make one with my lovely binding machine I bought off Ebay the other week.

Oh dear .. .. another item added to the .. .. when "I have time list".   Believe me that list is HUGE  LOL!!!  I really do need more days in my week!

But for now we will just have to make do with a little card .. .

This used:




Image:  Penny Black "1670K" Sugar Sweet Dreams
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat (no longer available)
Backing Papers:  Pink Petticoat
ProMarkers
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
My Trust Sewing Machine
Twine and Charm from my Stash Box

I love colouring this image but for some reason always feel it has to be accompanied by red gingham paper! I wonder if I should get out more??!?

Have a lovely weekend everyone.  I hope the sun shines for you and you find a bit of crafty time.

Love

18 comments:

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card Jules, love the image and the papers, brilliant colouring.

You are very lucky, I have made lots of Wedding invitations in the past and most of my Couples have been the Couples from hell, all starting off with wanting something simple and ending up with everything but the kitchen sink on them. lol, the last one kept mailing me with idea's they had thought of, well they were totally unbelievable, anyway I did my own design in the end and they loved it but that was that, no more WI for me.

Have a fabulous weekend.

Kath x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Jules, such an adorable image and I agree - the red gingham goes perfectly with it.
I hope you have a good weekend too.
hugs sue xx

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Jules and the red paper is perfect for it.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Jules and your gingham paper is perfect with your 'sweet' image....
They never had wedding planners etc when we got married it was a simple DIY job.... How things have changed..
Have a great weekend..

Anne

Annie said...

oh so gorgeous Jules - love the gingham so effective.
Ann xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous Jules and the red gingham works so well with it why change?! Susan x

Hazel said...

Jules your little card is fabulous , beautifully coloured as always, so glad you had a bride that knew what she wanted, I bet they don't come along very often? Most chop and change their minds so much. Enjoy your weekend . Hazel xx

Carole said...

Nice card Jules, my friends daughter has asked me if I will help her make her wedding invites eeeekkkk x

Sarah said...

Red gingham seems perfectly reasonable to me Jules, in fact it would be rude not to use it!! Fab card as always. Have a good weekend xx

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Jules, love the red gingham so effective.
Bet you wish all your couples were so organised.
Enjoy your weekend
Hugs

Patricia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jules, the gingham just goes perfectly with the image, it's the jam image I think. Great mouse image, and super design, hugs Kate x

Carole Z said...

Hi Jules, sorry I'm late visiting, but this is so cute...and I love the red gingham! Carole Z X

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous, sweet card Jules!
Helen x

Brenda said...

OMGoodness, this card is simple adorable! I love the image and I love the papers. The metal heart is fabulous. I don't know where the weeks go, they sure whiz by me in the blink of an eye! I need to learn how to make time stand still. lol Hugs

mags said...

This is lovely Jules and the red gingham paper seems to fit the image perfectly.
Mags
x

Hettie said...

Awww gorgeous card there Jules.
That Bride sounds like my twinnie! I was very much the same and still have my little book full of notes, receipts and paperclips as mine didn't have pockets. I like to look back through it when I come across it, even now - 24 and a bit years later!
Hugs
xx

coops said...

so stunning jules.i love the gingham and the mice are so sweet :D

xx coops xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Nope, you've got it perfectly right. That image screams for red gingham, so don't change a thing about it. Love the silver cording with the charm.