My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 15 March 2016

TEENY TINY TUESDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy Tuesday!  I hope everyone is well and life is being kind to you.

At last my world is starting to slow down into a more normal pace (well normal for me) after a very manic start to the year .. .. it has seemed like every time I have crossed something off that crafty "must do" list it has been replaced by another three items that are equally as important.  Hence my non-appearance in blogland recently.  Where is 2016 disappearing too!!?!

Anyway, I am pleased to say that I have manged to create one of my teeny tiny 3.5" square cards for sharing today.




This used:

Image and Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Clear Stamp Set "Garden in Bloom"
Memento Dew Drop Ink Pads:  Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Pear Tart, Pistachio and Tuxedo Black
Accent Beads - that have been lurking in my bead collection for years and never seem to reduce
Glossy Accents
My Trusty Sewing Machine
We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board

and something a bit naughty!!

Confession time .. .. .. I have been longing for a MISTI stamp tool for ages, and ages, and ages, and when I saw earlier this year that Tracy at Dies to Die For was accepting pre-orders for them, I decided I would order one ahead of my birthday later this month .. .. and put any birthday money I was lucky enough to receive towards it.  Big birthdays hurt and deserve a big treat!!!

Well it arrived at the weekend but Mr Heart was clearly of the opinion that it shouldn't be used until my birthday. What torture.  But I was a little bit naughty today and used it on this card with a layered Stampin' Up set.  I couldn't wait to use it any longer .... and it is so fabby!!!  I love it!!!

My theory is that if I have paid for it with my own money so far .. .. then it isn't a birthday present.  It will only become a birthday present once I receive birthday pennies!!  Does that sound right?  Well it works for me. LOL!!  I have put it all neatly back into the box now though so Mr Heart may never know.

My lovely Sis and I did another wedding fayre on Sunday and I still have everything to pack away! What happened to that promise to myself of being super organised .. .. clearly it went out of the window along with the new year resolution to make Christmas cards all year.  I have made a grand total of one so far!!!

Sigh!!!

Hopefully it won't be too long before I am back with another creation.

Love 

16 comments:

Brawny x said...

Hi Jules pleased to see you back in blogland. Lovely card. Love spring flowers....just gorgeous x

Kathleen said...

Firstly you should hot foot it over to the Allsorts challenge blog as this fits the challenge perfectly.
It is gorgeous, love the yellow and green, so Spring and Summery.
Well I totally agree with you, not a present till you get your pennies and tell him not to be so mean, you have used your hard earned money (well maybe it is not hard as you are doing something you love) .
Now is it really worth it, is it easy to use and would I be able to follow the instructions?!

Kath x

Creations by Shirl said...

Very pretty, love the stitching too. Yippee you got a MISTI too, I got one when they first came out......

Barb said...

I like your logic Jules. It's not a birthday present until the birthday money arrives. You put your Misti to good use. Your card is so pretty and shouts Spring. I love the colours you've used. Barbxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Fabby card... Happy you have the Misti... I love mine... At least yours was a bargain... Mine was very expensive from Simon Says Stamps...
Enjoy
Hugs Sylvie xx

Liz said...

A beautiful card, love the Spring colours.

I'm with you on the birthday present. It only becomes a present when you've received the birthday money. Until then, you're just testing it out to make sure it works okay. ;-) xx

Unknown said...

Love your card Jules, those little beads are gorgeous for the flower centres and love the matching envelope. Miss your posts when you are busy but they are always worth the wait :)
Hugs, Kaz x

Kath said...

A beautiful card Jules and I love your reasoning about the use of your MISTI!
Kath x

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a lovely spring card, i always buy myself something for my birthday, this year i'm going to Ally Pally 3 days after it !! ;-), Luv Sam x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jules I'm chuckling about not being able to use your new tool. I ordered myself Kuretake watercolour paints for Christmas and Alistair whipped them off me until Christmas day, I thought that was mean of him.

Anyway, I love your tiny card, the flowers are so pretty and so are your colours, Kate x

cotnob said...

A super card Jules, such a lovely spring design. I can see the logic in your theory - I think!
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card Jules, love the flowers and sunny colours
Lorraine x

KandA said...

Gorgous card Jules. Love the flowers and lovely cheery colours xx

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW I love your card, Jules. Absolutely stunning, beautiful spring flowers and fantastic design.

Hugs
Anke

Carole said...

Lucky girl I want a misty was hoping i might get one at Ali Pali in April. Good to catch up xx