My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 14 September 2016

NO WHITE CARD WEDNESDAY THIS WEEK :-(

Hi Everyone

Happy Wednesday!

Another beautiful day!  Hopefully it will continue into the evening too without changing into another rain, thunder and lightening storm like it did yesterday.

No time for creating anything for White Card Wednesday this week .. .. but I can share a few of my favourite makes which made it into Issue 157 of Quick Cards Made Easy, which should have hit the shops now.

The first commission was entitled "Confetti Cards" .... which were basically shaker cards but with more unusual fillings. This one was my favourite from this collection  ..  ..  I just loved the vellum fronted tag .. .. and I even "hand stitched" it .. .. my trusty sewing machine was given a rest!  LOL!!


Next up was a "Metallic Embossing" commission which used some amazing stamps and dies from Kaisercraft.  This one was my favourite and I was super chuffed that it made its way to the front cover of the magazine too


Then lastly I worked on a theme that is fairly new to the magazine called "Shape Up!". The magazine asked readers on Facebook what new features they would most like to see in the magazine and back came the response of having "full sized" templates for shaped cards. There have been some fabulous shaped creations for this section of the magazine over the last few months and I was super pleased to be asked to work on a Gingerbread Man shaped card.

I loved both of my finished cards .. .. but a girl has to choose so I have gone for this one.  The full sized gingerbread template is in the magazine and you just dress and decorate him as you see fit.


So there we go.  There might not be a white card to show .. .. but at least there are a few hearts to find.

Enjoy the rest of today.  I hope the sun is still shining for you.

Love Jules xx

11 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Three lovely makes Jules

Anne

Sarah said...

I loved all these collections Jules, but the Woodland themed set were my favourite...well done on some gorgeous cards xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Three fabulous cards....love the 1st one with the vellum tag....
Hugs Sylvie bx

cotnob said...

Three fabulous cards Jules, your confetti card is brilliant but I think the second one is my favourite - such pretty colours and fabulous image.
Pauline
x

Janice said...

I love all three cards Jules, but my favourite has to be the gingerbread man, a template I think will prove to be very popular! Something a little different for Christmas.
Janice x

Barb said...

A beautiful selection of cards Jules and congratulations on being on the front cover.

I love your autumn shaker card. What a clever idea to cover your tag with vellum. The gingerbread man card is great fun and I bet we'll be seeing lots of these super templates used this Christmas but the owl is my favourite. What a beautiful stamps that is and I really love the colours and the way you've coloured him. Barbxx

Aquarius said...

Three very different but great cards - impressive embossed owl!

Sylvia said...

3 beautiful creations, Jules.My favorite is the stunning card with the purple colours.The owl is awesome.

Hugs,Sylvia x

AlisonC said...

Wow, that owl is amazing. I like the idea of full size templates. The gingerbread man looks great fun to decorate.

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous selection of cards Jules, each one so different, lovely designs and colours, kate x

Brawny x said...

All wonderful cards dear. X