My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 4 April 2017

TEENY, TINY TUESDAY .. .. TIMES TWO!

Hi Everyone

I hope you have had a happy Tuesday!

Sorry for being late getting here .. .. it's a bit much when you have the cards made and can't even find the time to post them!!  Stll need to make the envelopes too!

But as promised here are my first creations using those scrummy Distress Oxide Ink Pads that landed at the weekend.  Both are a teeny tiny 3.5" square and were a perfect size for just playing with ideas.

I sat and tried quite a few different ways of using the ink pads and wasn't disappointed with anything I created (apart from the ones where I didn't like the mix of colours I chose). They certainly do blend a lot easier than the normal distress inks .. .. but I am not showing you any blended creations today.  I am showing you the creations I am most pleased with .. .. though they are perhaps an acquired taste.

I know a few of my customers certainly won't like this first one LOL!




This was made using the inks on black card and also used:

Script Stamp: Memory Box "G1838" Vintage Dreams
Paper Smooches Die Set: Birthday Words
Distress Oxide Ink Pads (please don't ask me the colours I used LOL!!)
First Edition:  Butterfly Dies
X-Cut Embossing Folder:   Tiny Polka Hearts
White Embossing Powder
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Pearls from my crafty stash box

My second card shows the inks used directly onto kraft card .. .. love this look very much.  I then coloured over the chalky looking petals where they met the centre with a soft crayon to add a little shading, though I could have used another stamp from the set and another colour of Oxide Ink.



This used:
Image:  Stampin Up! Garden in Bloom
Sentiment:  My Favorite Things - All Occasion Sentiments
Distress Oxide Ink Pads (Worn Lipstick, China Blue, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain and a tiny bit of Fossilized Amber)
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Button and ribbon from my crafty stash box

Once these inks get wet they seem to "pop" and look "chalk like".  You can see the difference on this last card.  I wet the decorative border but not the sentiment. .. .. . so two colours and effects from one ink pad!  Can't be bad.

Quite pleased with these for my first attempt .. .. .. but that is me for today.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.


17 comments:

Jean said...

Two very different looks, but also two beautiful cards. I am hoping to get some of these new ink pads soon. Looking forward to seeing what else you make with them.
Jean x

Carole said...

Hi Jules.....well you have been busy....two lovely and very different cards with your new pads. First one, love the design...personally not sure about the black...but that's me Second card, it really looks like you have coloured that border with chalks. Clever inks!! Look forward to seeing more when you have played.Hugs xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful cards Jules, I do think the first one is fabulous with that dark background and the embossed script, and love the colours and design of your second one, well done with the new DI, Kate x

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Jules, I especially like the first one - I haven't bought any of these inks yet, I'm trying to resist, don't know how long I will last though!
Sorry I haven't been around for a few days - hubby took me away for a surprise break, an early birthday present.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fantastic cards Jules, I love what you've done with the Oxides especially the top card.

Sue xx

Juls said...

Both of these are just gorgeous loving the kraft one xx

scrappymo! said...

Both are beautiful! I love the first with that dark and mysterious looking background. I so suits the stamp ytou used down the side!

The second is lovely and looks as if it has a bit of glimmer!

I don't seem to get by enough to visit everytime. I do check through your posts to catch up though. We are in the midst of a reno in our kitchen. Keeping the old cupboards as they are only ten years old and luckily still in style. We are putting hardwood floors through the main floor and getting new Quartz counters, new applicances and a nice Iris farm sink so a bit of work to be done on the sink cabinet. My house is a sea of sa3wdust! teehee

Kath said...

Fabulous cards - the first one is my favourite, love the design and inlaid sentiment.
Kath x

Aquarius said...

Looks as if you've had fun playing with these new ink pads - didn't realise they worked on black though ... interesting!! You've made two lovely cards with your first experiments.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty...love the bkg on the first one....well done! I don't own those inks but they are on my wish list.
TFS,
Karen

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards Jules, love the pretty designs
Lorraine x

Brenda said...

OMGosh, I am loving both of these teeny tiny cards Jules! The first one is just gorgeous! I love the look of the background you got with the oxide inks, it just amazes how the look changes with water! I just think it is beautiful and I love the inlaid sentiment too along with that beautiful butterfly. Yep, I love this card, to bad not all of your customer will. The second card is equally as amazing! The inks indeed look chalky when wet-that amazes me as well. So beautiful on the kraft cardstock, and I can't believe the difference between the sentiment and the background of the flowers. I so want these oxide inks! lol Hugs, Brenda

Enny said...

Dear Jules, your first experiments with the Oxide inks are great, I love the second one !! :o) . I haven't tried them yet, only just bought them at the Art Specially Event in Holland. Don't worry, I fully understand that you're busy, I'm a bit behind schedule myself. :o) Love, Enny

Barb said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards Jules and it was interesting to read how the inks reacted. I look forward to getting some of the oxides. I particularly like the first card. Great stamping and I love the blend of colours. Both lovely colour combinations. Barbxx

Brawny x said...

Hello my dear. Two fab cards but I particularly like the second d one. X

XxJULESxX said...

wow how gorgeous these cards are i must get some of these ink pads

Jacki Daniels said...

love them both Jukes have to get these ink pads they look amazing
hope you're well xx