My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 18 October 2018

INKY SKIES

Hi Everyone

Happy Thursday!

I hope you are all well .. .. and are perhaps seeing a little sunshine today!

I am still submerged in the world of weddings and have lots of lovely samples to make for couples I have met over the last few weeks .. .. but thought you might like to see some of the magazine creations I have been making.

Today I am sharing some cards I made for the current edition of Papercraft Inspirations

My brief for this commission was to create interesting skies using distress inks.





I really enjoyed and lost myself in this commission as I don't very often get chance to sit and play with my distress inks nowadays. 

The magazine comes with some scrummy stamps and a great snow globe embossing folder .. .. really hoping I get chance to play with these soon too!  After all that panic Christmas crafting  is soon going to be upon us!!  LOL!!

So that is me for today .. .. just time to unpack and put away at least one of the boxes of wedding supplies I took to a wedding fayre nearly two weeks ago!! .. .. and then off for a little adventure with Mum and her wheelchair!  We can't waste this little glimpse of sunshine!

Enjoy your day everyone


15 comments:

Aquarius said...

Hello there - good to see you in blogland and you've produced some wonderful and varied sky effects. It is always fun playing around with inks and something different happens each time I find. I've been missing too for a while but hopefully I can start to catch up soon. It's good to hear that your wedding work is keeping you busy even if it means you can't blog as often as you'd like. Take care.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful inspiring cards Jules the backgrounds that you've made are gorgeous. Enjoy your trip with Mum.

Sue xx

Carole said...

Hi Jules.....super cards, stunning and classy! Enjoy the trip with mum . Hugs xx

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous cards Jules and glad to her you are keeping busy with your weddings. I have been making and selling Christmas thinks since the beginning of September!! Making really started in June. This coming weekend, is two days at a Craft Fayre in a Garden Centre, which is generally very busy. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Enny said...

Dear Jules, how wonderful that you had such success with the weddings ! But also wonderful that you now have some time to play with inks and stamps, your cards are so beautiful, I can't wait to see them in the magazine ! I do hope that you have some more sunny, dry weather like whe had here, haven't seen a drop of rain in weeks ! All the best, Enny

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous set of cards, they are stunning.

Kath x

Lynne said...

Beautiful cards, love them all x

Kath said...

Fabulous cards Jules - great designs and beautiful skies too!
Kath x

KandA said...

Four wonderful cards and beautiful backgrounds. Must look out for that magazine when I go shopping xx

Pop's Cards said...

Wow these are stunning I especially love the last one the sky looks so amazing, hugs Pops x
cards by pops

Sarah said...

Those are, most definitely, interesting skies Jules!! They are all beautiful cards. Good to see you xx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Jules what amazingly gorgeous cards, your inky skies are fabulous and such lovely designs, Kate x

Brenda said...

Wow Jules, what beautiful cards you have made for your commission! They are all equally beautiful but I am loving your village scene's the best and your evening skies on all of them. Glad to hear the wedding world is going well for you. We also didn't see much sun, so we grab onto the sunny days as well as they have been few. Hope you and your mum had a great day out with her wheelchair! Hugs, Brenda

Anne said...

That's a beautiful collection Jules, you certainly met the brief and then some!
Anne x

XxJULESxX said...

Beautiful cards Jules, I have this mag and love the free gifts that came with it, will be using them later.