My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 1 March 2024

SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND CHALLENGE NO. 474

Hi Everyone

Friday is here again in the blink of an eye .. .. and I need to scoot over to the Snippets Playground smartish before those gates get locked in a few hours time!  No stopping off at the sweet shop on the way!!!

I love this challenge because it encourages us to get using up all of the offcuts we all hoard away .. .. just in case they come in useful one day!

For the challenge this time I used the first postage stamp die I purchased and mentioned in my previous post.

This used:

Snippets of paper and card from the Nitwits Herbal Garden 
Postage Collage Die from Ebay
Coneflower Die from Ebay
Penny Black Clear Stamp Set "30-105" Gratitude
Distress Oxide Ink Pad: Wilted Violet
My Trusty Sewing Machine.

These are the snippets I grabbed from my Herbal Garden wallet (but I didn't use them all) .. .. and I had already made the flower head from white offcuts and it was sitting in my "emergency craft box. I just added the distress ink to tone it in with the papers.

I will introduce you to my growing emergency craft box one day when I consider it worth looking at!


In my previous post I mentioned that I like both of the postage stamp dies I have purchased, but for different reasons.  

Today I used the first die I purchased and it is one which if you look at where the dot lines meet they are perfectly in line which means you can cut the die up perfectly to end up with beautiful individual little postage stamp rectangles, as you can see in the picture below


Plenty I want to do with the full die and the little cut versions .. .. .. just wishing all of my crafty goodies were still around to play with and not packed away!  Mr Heart wouldn't be impressed if I started unpacking again so I am going to have to be a bit (or even a lot) patient and make do with what I still have available LOL!!!

If you look on my previous post you will see the holes in that die don't line up so beautifully so that when you cut those out the corners don't look as neat .. .. but you did get lots of dies including the ones that cut the rectangles (they don't match the die I used today though .. .. I needed to measure and cut my design papers to fill the rectangles.  But that's OK, I have the measurements all ready to go for next time.  

Right skipping off to the playground .. .. .. now.

See you over the weekend

9 comments:

meg said...

A brilliant die to use up snippets of paper as you say Jules, the papers you chose as a background for the beautiful diecut coneflower are gorgeous

Sarn said...

It’s a lovely card using up gorgeous snippets of paper. The cone flower looks great.
TFS your reasons for liking this postage stamp die. Looks like it could be good for adding things to a journal too!

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Too wet for the slide, so I’ll see you in the warm & dry treehouse for a cuppa!! Xxx

Aquarius said...

Well that's a really interesting way to use this die and a variation which I'd not thought of, clever you 😉. I think this is the same one I have so you've probably guessed I'm off now to check if I can chop it up into individual stamps. Cone flowers are a great favourite of mine too so this card is definitely a winner. A peek into your 'emergency' box would be a real treat I'm sure. Have a good weekend.

Lorraine said...

This is so pretty Jules. I love the flower and pretty colours. I can understand the possibility of a new obsession, such a fab design and if it helps to use up those snippets!. I have boxes and boxes of bits....I might use one day!! lol!!
Lorraine x

JD/ Jill said...

How beautiful! Thank you for the nice comments on my blog. You are addicted to the postage stamp card... (I can see why) I am now hooked on debossing.

HilaryJane said...

That flower looks amazing and your little postage shapes look great with your snippets of pp. They add interest without overwhelming the flowers. Great work. I see what you mean about the postage die xx

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Jules. I love how you've used this die and the snippets. I ordered this die yesterday, thanks for the inspiration of one way to use it.
Liz xx

Pauline C said...

Another stunning card Jules, the flower really pops. Thanks so much for the explanation of the different merits of the various postage stamp dies … I had looked at some online and got confused that some didn’t appear to have the inner squares and rectangles. Now I understand everything and can make an informed choice 😀
Pauline xx

Di said...

Beautiful card Jules! Total perfection - and I fell right into temptation needless to say! Brilliant way to use up snippets.

Hugs
Di xx