My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 24 October 2014

KNOCK ME DOWN WITH A FEATHER !!

Hi Everyone

Happy Friday!

A blog post that I never in my wildest dreams thought I would write .. .. something so amazing has happened .. .. and I just can't believe it.

Me and my teeny, tiny blog have made an appearance in the British Craft Awards 2015 
under the category of "Most Inspirational Craft Blog".




How scary and unbelievable is that?!?!?

Who would have thought that little old me and my teeny tiny blog would be a contender!!  I would certainly never have put money on it that's for sure!

But no matter how many times I pinch myself I really am there .. .. alongside these other awesome nominees:


barbaragray.blogspot.co.uk (Barbara Gray)

craftingwithhunkydory.tumblr.com (Anne-Marie Catterall)

creative-studios.co.uk

ideastoinspire.blogspot.co.uk (Lili of the Valley)

inkyfingerzone.blogspot.co.uk (Julia Watts)

particraft.blogspot.co.uk (Sue Wilson)

pinkpiggywiggy.blogspot.co.uk (Dawn Phillips)

sizzixukblog.blogspot.co.uk


I feel like a Sunday league footballer who has been asked to be a substitute in the Premiership and cannot believe my blog has even been mentioned in the same breath as those above.  I know I stand no chance of winning but how lovely to be nominated.

Perhaps more people like looking for hearts than I thought LOL!!

So this blog post serves as a good time to thank my lovely family for putting up with me and my crafty mess and for all the help and encouragement they always give to me.  I couldn't do any of what I do each day without their support, especially Mr Heart.

It is also a thank you to all you lovely blog pals who still continue to visit my blog even though I disappear on wedding missions every so often .. .. and whose comments I often take an age to return :-(  Sorry!

It is also a huge thank you to whoever thought my blog was worthy of being added to the list of nominees.

If you fancy being part of the voting and the chance of winning £200 of crafty goodies then you just need to visit The British Craft Awards website and cast your votes.  There is one section headed: Stamp Range You Couldn't Resist.  I bet you can guess where my vote would go in that section! LOL!!

Enjoy your weekend everyone when it arrives .. .. don't forget the clocks go back an hour!!  I wonder what we will all do with our extra hour?  I would like to think I would have an extra hour of sleep but I know I won't.  I am rubbish at sleeping in.

Take care everyone.

Love

42 comments:

Debs said...

Whoop whoop whoop - sooooooo thrilled for you Jules - it couldn't happen to a nicer person for sure - well done :o)
Debs xx

Whisper said...

Ooo fantastic Hun & so well deserved too, luv Sam x

Dawn said...

Wow Jules, you go girl!! Very well done hon xx

Patricia said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Jules,
Well deserved, all your creations are just wonderful.
Have a great weekend floating on that cloud.
Hugs


Patricia xxx

sally said...

That's "awesome" as my American granddaughter would say. Nothing to do with me but I may go & check out the voting :-)

Sally

Sharon said...

How fabulous Jules and I would say very well deserved. Your blog is always a pleasure to visit and I love reading your post.
Going across to the award site now.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Debbie said...

Brilliant news dearie, you deserve.I am so chuffed that you've been nominated.yours is the one blog I always visit, even if I dont always comment.Have a lovely weekend sweetie.hugs x

Stamps and Paper said...

Many congratulations Jules and very well deserved...your blog is so inspirational...

Anne

Carol said...

Huge congratulations Jules...a well deserved nomination - have you come down off the ceiling yet?? Carol x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Oh wow Jules, so pleased for you. Just popped over and voted for you. Sue xx

Kathleen said...

How absolutely wonderful, huge, huge congratulations you really deserve it, you have inspired me many, many time.
I bet you vote for Hero Arts lol.!
Well I really hope that you do win and I shall go and vote and to be honest I haven't heard of some of the other blogs
Hope you have a great weekend too.

Kath xx

cuilliesocks said...

Congratulations Jules, you're definitely up there with the crafting guru's. Well deserved, hugs Kate x

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh Jules, it couldn't have happened to a nicer & more deserving person! I honestly get so much inspiration from your blog, it's a delight to pop by & see your makes. Stop pinching & enjoy your moment of glory.

Hugs xx

Brawny x said...

A well deserved nomination. I love your blog and wish I'd found it ages ago. I always look forward to seeing what you've made next. Fingers crossed for you x

Julie C. said...

Wow! Congratulations and well done, Jules for being nominated! Your blog always inspires me and I love searching for those hearts on your cards! Adds extra fun to it! ^_^

Jacee said...

Well done Jules, you well deserve the nomination, of course you have every chance of winning! my votes with you hun.
Hugs Jacee

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Big congratulations Jules and very well deserved, you can hold your head high with the other talented crafters! I am off to cast my vote for you now! I look at the extra hour as more time to do things in, I hate wasting time in bed!! Susan x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Huge congratulations Jules. Awesome news and so well deserved - off to cast my vote. Have a great weekend. Xx

Bev Henwood said...

Jules, congratulations on your nomination ~ it is truly deserved. I get inspiration from your blog all the time and love looking at all you gorgeous creations and hearing your news xx

susiestacey said...

Well done and well deserved Jules x Susan x

Sue B said...

Ooh Well Done Jules!! and Totally deserved... your lovely blog is a joy to visit... I always love reading your warm and friendly posts and your creations provide so much inspiration!! :-))
Have a great weekend
Love Sue B xx

Eve said...

Congratulations Jules!

I have just come back from casting my vote (I also voted for you as the best card designer!!).

I do hope that you win as you are such an inspiration and as I have said before your blog is simply the best in the world!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
xx

Sarah said...

Well done Jules, couldn't happen to a nicer person!! xx

Kath said...

You've got my vote Jules - I love your blog and hearing the news from the House of Hearts!
Kath x

Hazel said...

Well done Jules, I am so pleased for you, enjoy being on cloud 9. Went and voted and forgot to comment . Hazel xx

Lorraine said...

That's fantastic news Jules. Well done, you deserve it.
You have a fantastic blog, always a pleasure to visit.
Lorraine x

Cynthia said...

Oh my goodness, Jules! This is so cool!!! You totally deserve it, of course--your cards are gorgeous!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

cotnob said...

Congratulations Jules, so well deserved - you always make me smile when I visit your blog as well as giving me lots of inspiration.
Pauline
x

Carole Z said...

Masses of congrats to you Jules!!! So well deserved...wonderful news!!! XX

Carole said...

Jules you are well worthy of an award, I really hope you win, because your cards are beautiful, you always find time between your heavy schedule to return comments which means so much to me and I am sure everyone else. Good luck special lady x

Unknown said...

Hi Jules, well you shouldn't be so surprised, you are amazing ya know! Your blog and endless creativity certainly are inspiring, and I love seeing what you've made. You are lovely. Well done xxx

April Diva said...

Oh wow Jules! Fantastic news on your nomination. Very well deserved. I can honestly say that of the list of 'inspirational blogs' yours is the one I visit the most...almost every day. Even if I don't always leave a comment. Bet you'll be floating on the clouds for a while to come...lol. Hugs, Pauline xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

I'm so thrilled for you Jules!!! It's well deserved, your blog is such friendly place with loads of inspiration. Whenever mojo is low or life a bit grey I know that I'll leave your blog with a warm smile, sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Anonymous said...

Aww Jules, that's fantastic! Yes, I saw you in the CM&PC magazine this morning! Well done!
Amelia xx

MagsB said...

I'm so glad for you! You are so inspiring, the nomination is well deserved, and I have my fingers crossed for a win!

love Mags B x

Di said...

Wahoo Jules! I missed this post - what fabulous news and so well deserved too! I would love for you to win - off to vote right now!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

This is fantastic news Jules - thoroughly well deserved too.

Hope you win!

I've voted for you in 2 categories.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous news. Of course they should have recognized you...you see...they recognize that everyone loves your blog as much as I do!!!

Sorry i have not been around for a bit. We sold our house and bought another. I have been purging and sorting so that I could get the movers in for quotes. No use having them quote on stuff that is not going with us!

Finally finished for now and can take a break until we move Jan 24.

Lots of time to catch up on visiting now!

coldwaters2 said...

What brilliant news Jules congratulations for being nominated it would be great to see you a winner.
hugs
Lorraine

Brenda said...

What awesome news Jules! What do you mean you don't stand a chance?!! You stand every chance cause you and your blog are awesome and that is why you were nominated!! I tried voting but since I'm not from over the pond I didn't know how to answer any of the questions :-( I so wanted to vote for you. I hope everyone else votes for you Jules and yes, you and your little blog are very awesome and inspirational!! Hugs, Brenda

XxJULESxX said...

Oh Jules great news you deserve to be up there!! i for one love your blog, the inspiration you give to me is just fabulous!
I have never see a card i haven't liked on your blog and that's not an easy feat ,
crafters usually have one or two that dont get much credit for.
anyway good luck to you xxxxxx from one of your fans x

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow, that's fantastic news Jules and so well-deserved. Your cards always inspire me!