My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 6 April 2020

CAS STENCIL

Hi Everyone

I hope you have managed to enjoy some of the lovely sunshine we had today. 

We spent some of our time outdoors doing some much needed work in the garden .. .. .. plenty to keep us out of mischief out there that's for sure .. .. .. with the downside being there are no brown bin collections at the moment..

The greenhouse needs to be emptied and washed down ready for us to start some seeds off.  We doubt that the nurseries are going to be open for buying plants so had better get a wriggle on and start growing our own.

I did have a little crafty session too and played along with the CAS Stencil Challenge which this month wants us to use gilding flakes with our stencils

Here is my offering:




This used:

Stencil:  From the front of a magazine
Gold Gilding Flakes
Flower:  MFT Dienamics Die:  Blueprints 14
Sentiment:  MFT Dienamics Die:  Thanks
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Gold Thread

and that is me for today.

18 comments:

meg said...

Stunning card love the stencil you used with the gilding flakes

Stamps and Paper said...

Love how you’ve used your gilding flakes Jules it looks stunning against the dark blue...I just think we are so lucky to have gardens I feel fir those who don’t...

Anne

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely elegant card. Have a good week. Enjoy your garden. Got my potatoes in a few weeks ago.

Aquarius said...

Lovely gilded CAS card - must play with my flakes

Enny said...

A beautiful card Jules ! Our nurseries are also closed, so I started sowing seeds. Luckily, we can spend time in the garden, it's beautiful weather ! All the best, Enny

Kath said...

A lovely card Jules - the gilding flakes are lovely on your stencil.
Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card Jules, I love the black and gold together.

Two of our local Nuseries are taking orders and making home deliveries for a small charge. Try looking on your local Facebook pages there might be some information on there.

Take care
Sue xx

Viv said...

Fab card for our CAS Stencil challenge Jules. Some of our nurseries are doing home delivery but I much prefer to go and look and choose myself - not likely I know - so maybe my pots won't get done till much later in the summer! x

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Jules, gorgeous colours.
We were planting seeds yesterday - two types of tomato, courgettes and runner beans.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Jules, lovely colours too, Kate x

Carole said...

Opulent , classy and unusual Jules. Love the gold and purple.xx

Carol S. said...

Great design and a gorgeous CAS card, Jules. Hope you Mum and Aunt are okay. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

nancy littrell said...

Oh My...Stunning shiny Gilded Flakes card design, Jules. I love how you added the sewing and gold thread too. A real creative beauty. So pleased you joined us at CAS Stencil Challenge. Take care..Stay safe and Creative. Hugs..Nancy

Sarah said...

What a lovely thank you card. The rich purple and gold looks very expensive!! We too have been pottering in the garden and have done the same in the greenhouse with packets of seeds that were lurking!! I hope they are sweet peas...but who knows!!? xx

Cathy said...

Your gilding makes a gorgeous background for the rich purple bloom and sentiment, striking combination. Thank you for playing along at CAS Stencil. Happy gardening too :) Cathy x

Julia Aston said...

Such a clean and beautiful design Jules - love the gold with the purple - regal colors! So pretty with the angled gilded pane, the stitched edging and lovely flower! Thank you for joining us in the CAS Stencil challenge this month! Julia xx

Loll said...

Beautiful design Jules! This really shows off those gorgeous gilding flakes. And the purple accents look amazing with your design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

Linda said...

This is beautiful. The purple accents with the gold gilding flakes gives a real elegant look. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Stencil challenge!