My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 1 April 2020

HEDGEHOG BOUQUET

Hi Everyone

I hope you are coping with yet another day in isolation and finding lots to keep you occupied .. .. .. there is plenty for me to be cracking on with here and I am trying to be ultra positive and keep myself motivated and make the most of the time I am at home.

But then I put the TV on and end up feeling saddened by everything that is being reported.  Each day it feels worse and worse and so totally frightening.

All those poor people who are losing their lives and families who are having to come to terms with losing loved ones.  It is just heartbreaking and so worrying and the sheer numbers seem unbelievable!.

Thank goodness our crafting lets us escape .. .. .. at least for a little while!  This was part of my escape for today:




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "1444K" Hedgehog Bouquet
Sentiment:  MFT "LJD-23" Birthday Greetings
Backing Papers:  Make & Create "Once Upon A Time"
Die Set:  Hunkydory Moonstone "MSTONE020" Fabulous Flowers
ProMarkers
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Pearls (which look an awful colour in the photograph but actually match the card in real life)
Diamond Stickles (that you can't see too much)

I am taking this over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, which I haven't had chance to play along with for far too long.  The theme is "Anything Goes or Think of Spring""

Many thanks for popping along. 

I am pleased to say that my computer was on best behaviour again today after "playing up" last night.  

Take care everyone


14 comments:

meg said...

The stamp is simply beautiful against the gorgeous papers and embellishments

Kath said...

A lovely card Jules - such a sweet hedgie!
Kath x

Aquarius said...

When I read the title of your post on my sidebar I imagined which stamp you'd used and I was right - always love to see these hedgies appearing. You've made a super card with lots of lovely detail. I think many of us are finding it difficult to remain motivated during this crisis but it is good to escape into making cards or whatever hobby happens to be your 'thing'. Sadly the news does seem to get more and more depressing and we seem to be helpless in the face of this virus. Take care and stay safe

Tracey T said...

Another really pretty card, Jules - love the layout. At home due to schools being closed but hubby and the Boy Wonder still out at work every day. It's very rural here but now even quieter than usual. Driving over to mum and dad's today to leave shopping outside the door; managed to get loo roll but still no kitchen roll, handwash or anti-bac cleaning spray to be had. The Boy Wonder says it sells out within minutes of them stocking the shelves. Good to know that you and Mr Heart are safe and well. Hope the London kids are managing to work from home xx

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful card, love the cute image. Keep well. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Just love your sweet card Jules adorable image and beautiful backing papers..you certainly made me smile with your card it would cheer anyone up.

I try and listen once to the daily news as it is so depressing and frightening but all we can do is to stay positive

Anne

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Jules, a great bit of escapism. I agree with you the news is frightening at the moment, but we all seem to be drawn to watch it too.

Take care and stay safe
Sue xx

Carole said...

Lovely card Jules, such pretty colours and all so well coordinated. xx

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Jules, an adorable Penny Black Hedgehog and lovely papers.
I'm glad to hear that your Computer is behaving itself.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Jules, love the hedgy and you've used my favourite flower die too.

Thanks for joining this months Penny Black Saturday challenge

We are doing our best to stay positive here and make the most of getting this time together. I know what you mean about watching the news - it's so easy to let it get you down and so much sadness.

Take care Jules, sending hugs
Lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jules what a lovely card, I love that sweet image and your colouring is fabulous. Lovely papers and design.

I had to give up watching the new as I was getting angrier and angrier at all the lies and complete incompetence, and then there is all the emotional stuff that gets reported, and it's just all so sad and overwhelming, best to switch off. Keep safe and motivated, and laughing, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Really super cration, love those background papers (never heard of them) and a super layout and a great image. They say the camera never lies, well they are a bigger liar than Tom Pepper (no idea who he is but it was one of my Mother's sayings)

Kath x

Enny said...

Dear Jules, yes, we live in a terrible time, I'm also worried. When I wake up in the morning, I think, it's a bad dream, but then reality strucks... I don't have much card-inspiration at the moment, (besides making some for elderly neighbours who are lonely and isolated), but sunny weather is coming, so I'll try to relax in the garden. All the best, Enny

Helen said...

Beautiful card jules - such a sweet image!
Thanks so much for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x