My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 19 April 2021

OH DEER

Hi Everyone

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and your week has got off to a good start. 

Definitely some more lovely sunshine here which was great to see!

Those of you who have been following my blog for a while may remember that on the run up to last Christmas I decided I was going to try and make all of my Christmas cards.  Well, I did make "most of them" .. .. and we got some lovely thank you messages afterwards which I thought was nice.

So I am thinking that if I get started early enough I might be able to make "all of them" this year.  So I am trying to design some super quick digital makes, save the files to my computer, and I will be "good to go" whenever I get a spare moment to pull some together.

This first design has been put together using a selection of different digital images and my Serif Craft Artist programme.



This used:

Image:  Bugaboo "Snowflake Reindeer Silhouette"
Background Image:  Huckleberry Hearts (Etsy) "Watercolor Clipart Set"
Sentiment:  Digistamp Boutique (sadly no longer trading)
Backing Paper:  The Lovely Studio "Doodle Flakes"
The Little Stars came from a Memory Box Die "Snowflake Heart"
My Trusty Sewing Machine

I am also taking this over to Fezziwigs Festive Frolics Challenge where the theme this fortnight is "Oh Deer".   Just hoping my images counts.  Is a Reindeer the same as a Deer?

Catch you again soon folk.

14 comments:

meg said...

Simply stunning Jules

Aquarius said...

Clever work with Craft Artist. I'm sure this beautiful flying reindeer will count for the challenge. Great colour scheme too.

Claire said...

Very nice, lovely use of non traditional Christmas colours which creates a beautiful background for the pretty snowflake deer... good luck with your Christmas card makes x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Jules and a great idea to put these together on the computer ready to print and make up at a later date.

Sue xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Well I think the reindeer and the deer are exactly the same thing. I love it and those colours are so pretty!!! One day I will manage to sew as neatly as you on my makes!!! Hope all is well, thanks for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs, Love Hazel xx

cuilliesocks said...

How beautiful Jules, I always love this leaping deer image and you've given it a lovely inky background, super design, Kate x

Kath said...

A fabulous card Jules - I love the image you've used.
Kath x

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Jules, you have created a super topper, I love the inky background and gorgeous deer.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carole said...

Lovely card Jules, clever you with serif...I never got very far with that myself. seems like you are getting ahead with Christmas 2021! xx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love it. It will be perfect for Christmas 24 as well. Hugs Anesha x

Kathleen said...

A really super background and a lovely image, great colours and design.

Kath x

Sarah said...

What a brilliant design Jules and the colours are fantastic xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

I am loving the background, the colours are great
Hugs Shell xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful.
xx Karen