My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 6 June 2010

THE END OF A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

Hi Everyone

Well I am back home safe and sound after a lovely weekend away.

We had a great time at the workshop on Saturday and did some great makes. What an abundance of patience Brenda and Chris have. Thank you for a lovely day of makes ladies.

All I can say is I don't think brayering is ever going to feature in my list of "accomplished techniques". I was so ashamed of my creation that I didn't even finish it and have only flashed it quickly .. .. whilst in a fit of laughter .. .. under my hubby's nose. Never mind.

Practise will make perfect - but I just know I won't be practising.

It was lovely to meet lots of new crafty pals .. .. more blogs for me to visit now .. .. but the worst part was looking around the store afterwards - I fell in love with more things than I could ever possibly have. But it was nice to at least be able to see them.

We had lots of fun at the workshop and more food than we could possibly eat. I think everyone at Stampalot can forget taking any "pack up" in for the next couple of days or more!!

Most people were far more sensible than me and kept going to look round different sections of the store throughout the day - whereas I sat in my seat trying to learn new things (how much time did I waste on that blasted brayer card!!! and I was the one that suggested it as a technique to learn).

So come the end of the workshop I raided the store and most people had disappeared before I got a photograph to share with you all.

But my hubby managed to take this one for me which features Mrs Stampalot at the front and then the remaining scallywags at the back.

I am the one at the back that looks like I come from the land of the giants. I didn't think I was that tall and even then I was wearing my flat flip floppy shoes.

Thank you to everyone for a wonderful day and to my hubby for a wonderful weekend.

Love Jules xx

13 comments:

Loopylou. said...

Lol jules!!! sounds like you had loads of fun and the hearts went down well!! hugs lou xx

Netty said...

Sounds as if you had brilliant time Jules. Look forward to seeing what you created. Annette x

mckinkle said...

Glad you had such a fab time even if you wont be 'show and tell'-ing it to us!

Well done you for trying something new though, Ive got the brayer and the big ink pad but have I even picked it up to try? Never!!

Keryn x

chris said...

Hi Jules
so pleased you enjoyed yourself, it was a great day with a fun filled atmosphere,and yes loads of food.
the photos great how I wish I was a bit taller, but I was on tip toe at that point were never happy are we.
enjoyed your company so much.
back soon hugs chris

Sally H said...

I thought Chris must be on tiptoe, cos she isn't that much taller than me!!! So lovely to meet you and don't despair about the brayering. My first efforts were much worse than yours! You did brilliantly at the distressing and your scones were to die for. The problem with popping out into the shop regularly was I spent lots! Have fun with your goodies x

Beryl said...

So glad you had a good time Jules. I'm sure you're not that bad a brayering - OK - if you're as bad as me then you possibly are rubbish. Never mind - you've got so many other strings to your bow that brayering can come in it's own good time.
Beryl xx

craftimamma said...

Glad you had such a great time Jules. Pity I wasn't there as I think I'm about the same height as you (and I know I'm wider, Lol)so you wouldn't have felt like the giant then.

Next time, maybe!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Tracy said...

I haven't dared to do Brayering yet, I haven't even bought the stuff to do it with in case I can't do it. Hope you'll share some of what you've made. Great photo, I think I can guess who's who all but one person, from seeing profile photo's, you'll have to names to them. Sounds like you'd need a second mortgage when you go shopping at Sir Stampalot. So glad you enjoyed it Jules.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

lisa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day Jules and those goodies you took look delicious. I know Sally took cake so I'm wondering how you all look so slim and elegant!!
I've only tried brayering once and it all went in the bin so I can sympathise, especially when people produce so beautiful works of art and make it look so easy!!! I think it's a craft form all of it's own and one I won't be taking up either!!
Hope you have a good week.
Hugs Lisax

lisa said...

Hi Jules

Just me again. I had to pop back after reading your comment. Thanks so much for sharing such a lovely story. Those are the memories that stay with us aren't they.
We did something similar a few years ago and had a "Holiday from Home" for a week. No one was allowed to do what they usually do, crafting, computers etc and I bought all the food in as though we'd gone self catering and then every morning we decided where to go and went out for the day just as if we were on holiday. We went to new places we'd never gone to before (after 40 years of living in the same place that was quite hard but we did find some), we went to the theatre and best of all we slept in our own beds every night. It worked a treat.
Bye for now
Lisax

Nikbee said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous time Jules. I'd love to try brayering but need to master my distressing inks first.

Nikki x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

glad you had a good time Jules, and you can't be the best at everything, your cards always wow me. janex

Unknown said...

Jules it was lovely to meet and sit next to you. Hope we meet again.

Rosie
x