My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 20 June 2014

TIME TO CELEBRATE

Hi Everyone

Happy Friday .. .. ahead of what is hopefully going to be a happy weekend for you.

Busy week here (again) but I really do feel I am starting to win with my "definitely got to do" list as I have even had time look at my "if time is kind" list LOL!!!

This week has seen lots of cards being done and dusted for "happy couples" who have returned after their weddings to order thank you cards to thank guests for their kindness.  Call me old fashioned but I love it when people remember their manners and say thank you when people have been kind.

I have also been working on drafting what I am sure will be longest order of service booklet I will ever do .. .. 12 pages long!!  But it has made the post today so that it can all be checked off prior to what is going to be a very mammoth printing session!!

My lovely Sis was asking for some cards for the salon too .. .. her request was for 32 .. .. I managed 8 .. .. but that was better than last week because she didn't get any then! LOL!!

Even time for a little share:




This used:

Image:  Digistamp Boutique "Alyssa"
Sentiment:  Computer Generated using font "Pass The Chex"
Backing Papers:  First Edition Paper "Daydream"
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
ProMarkers
Diamond Stickles
Glamour Dust
Ribbon from my Stash Box

I am also going to enter this into the Digistamp Boutique Challenge for June.

Think I am showing my age there by giving Alyssa blue eye shadow LOL!!

So that is me for today.

If you fancy winning a humongous bag of sequins don't forget to leave a comment on my post here so you can go into the draw on Monday.  

Have a great weekend .. .. hope you see some sunshine and manage a bit of crafty time for yourself.

Love

26 comments:

Jacee said...

Smashing card Jules, really like the papers, I've even found the heart!
Hugs Jacee

sally said...

Cute design!
I could fancy a mojito after seeing this lovely card :-)

Enjoy your w/e

Sally

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jules what a beautiful card, I love the image and your colouring, great design, hugs Kate x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Jules love that image also those wonderful papers a super creation.
hugs
lorraine x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely fresh looking. Card Jules lovely image beautifully coloured lovely toning papers

Anne

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love the image, beautiful colours and fabulous sentiment.
It sounds like you have been really busy Jules, I hope you get some chance to relax at the weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Hazel said...

Well Jules I hope I don't have the same problem as when I last commented, it was wouldn't publish now I see it did, goodness knows what going on with this iPad. Any way what a great card love the colours and design. Hazel xx

Marie-Louise said...

I love this card Jules. The blue eyeshadow takes me back a bit. Love the colours you have used.

Carole said...

Blue eye shadow was always my favourite lol hope you have a great weekend xx

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Jules,
Great image, beautifully coloured, pretty papers, and a fantastic design.
Have a great weekend

Patricia XX

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Jules so pleased you are getting through your to do list must be a huge relief for you. Fabulous card and I am loving the blue eyeshadow! Susan xx

Carole Z said...

Fab card Jules, love the colours and your beautifully coloured image. I'm with you on the 'thank yous'..I was always brought up to send thank you cards/letters, but sadly that's less and less now. Have a great weekend, hugs Carole Z xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Jules.
Sue x

Sarah said...

Love your card Jules and apparently blue eyeshadow is perfectly appropriate with the 80's revival that is current in "young" world, judging by the females that come through the door with my Son!! Have a lovely weekend xx

Lorraine said...

This is one of my favourite DSB images. She looks fab and I love the colours and pretty papers.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Debs M said...

fab card - great colouring and I love the colour scheme! x

Brenda said...

Hi Jules, it is good to hear you are making headway with you "to do" list! I too, love when people remember their manners and send thank you cards-I feel it is becoming a lost art but I know I made my son write thank you's after his graduation and party. Just good manners for when people have been so kind. I love, love this card, and yes, you may have been dating yourself a tab bit with the blue eye shadow, but I'm dating myself because I so remember the blue eye shadow!! lol And those of not that time, won't even know what we are talking about. lol This is the cutest card and I love how you have colored this wonderful lady. She looks like her celebration is going well! lol Hugs, Brenda

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the papers, fantastic colouring.

Oh dear, well I haven't worn make up for years mostly due to my eye lids covering up my eyelashes and no real lids to put eye shadow on but I decided I would wear some on an evening on holiday so guess what, I bought blue eye shadow, because that is what I always used to wear.

Kath x

Eve said...

Hi Jules,
Oh you did make me laugh with your blue eye shadow comment!!

Fabulous card as always - colour matched perfectly.

So glad that you are making some progress with your happy couples - don't forget your ear plugs with your printing marathon.

Hope that you are having a lovely weekend. xx

mags said...

A lovely card Jules. Super image and love the colour combo.
Mags
x

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card Jules, I love the image!
Helen x

XxJULESxX said...

just gorgeous! Jules!

Lynsey said...

Hi Jules, sounds like you are very busy at the moment!I hope you have had a nice weekend. Love this card, especially the colour combo!
Hugs Lynsey x

Unknown said...

So sweet and simple and oh so lovely. She looks dreamy and relaxed! I quite like the blue eyeshadow! Cute x

Sarn said...

Oh she's a cutie.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

Ahahaha. I am showing my age too then cuz I remember blue eyeshadow as well!!!

Great card... It is such a pretty image and you have chosen c
Such pretty papers to go with it.