My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 9 February 2019

BLEEDING ART TISSUE TECHNIQUE

Hi Everyone

Happy Saturday .. .. I hope your weekend has got off to a good start.

I have a lovely blog friend called Pauline (though as she doesn't have a blog herself I suppose you would call her an "email friend") .. .. but for quite a number of years now we have shared emails.  Not lots .. .. just one special big one in the period between Christmas and New Year.  It is where we discuss things that have happened since our last emails, how our Christmas has been and our hopes and dreams for the coming year.

Pauline enjoys going to workshops and one she was hoping to visit this year will be run by Eileen Godwin.  Not a lady I have come across during my crafty journey (so many fantastic people I still need to discover) .. .. but boy oh boy was I pleased that Pauline had mentioned Eileen and sent me a link to her blog "Eileen's Crafty Zone".  (Thanks again Pauline XXX).

I watched some of Eileen's many You Tube videos and particularly enjoyed one featuring the "Bleeding Art Tissue Technique".

All fired up I was ready to have "just a quick play" and rushed to the craft pod armed with tissue paper .. .. but sadly my tissue paper wasn't the right sort.  Mine was of the "non-bleed" variety so did absolutely nothing .. .. but an internet search found me the right sort and I ordered a pack asap! 

It arrived earlier this week but unfortunately there was no time to play .. .. .. to be honest there was no time today either but I just couldn't wait any longer .. .. and this is what I made:




This used:

Images:  Stampendous! -  "P107" Agapanthus Cluster
A very old wooden script background stamp with no markings
Scrapberrys Stencil "Petals Pattern"
Sentiment:  Hunkydory Die Set "Framed With Love"
Butterfly:  Memory Box Dies "Moonlight Butterfly & Kaleidoscope Butterfly"
Distress Ink:  Bundled Sage
Memento Ink:  London Fog
Crystal Glamour Dust
Bleeding Tissue Paper
Ribbon
My Trusty Sewing Machine

Obviously not as good as Eileen's but for a first play I don't think I did too bad.  Next time I think I need to get things "a little bit less wet" although I do like how some of the colours have mixed together.

I definitely feel lots of play sessions coming on (when the other work allows it) .. .. and my sheets of tissue are certainly going to go a long, long way as you don't use much at all!

This technique is definitely going to be good for using up some of those boxes of white card snippets!!  But I now feel I would like more stencils and silhouette stamps!!  LOL!!

Anyway, that is me for today.

Hopefully I will find time to throw a few snippets together tomorrow.


13 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh, this is really lovely Jules, the colours are great and it makes for such an unusual background. thank you for the link xx

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, this looks amazing! I'm off to take a look at this technique myself. What a gorgeous card, Jo x

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Jules, beautiful colours - I will have to go and check out this technique, it looks fabulous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Enny said...

Wow, looks like a very interesting technique, and your card is beautiful ! I've seen videos from Eileen before, like f.i. her Masterboards. And what a coincidence, I have a "one mail a year" friend, in Australia. We always swap mails towards Christmas, and talk about the year past. I wish you some free time this week, to play with the bleeding tissues. It's stormy weather here, so I'll be making cards tomorrow. Have a nice Sunday ! Enny

Carole said...

Hi Jules...me again! This is absolutely superb!! I have just sat and watched the video, isn't it fascinating! Love, LOVE the card you have made..professional as always but I picture you with coloured fingers now!...best get them clean for the wedding work. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. xxx

Carol S. said...

Love your card Jules and the background is brilliant. The colours are a gorgeous mix. I've got a horrible cold over the last couple of days. Got to dose myself up tomorrow, as meeting my son's new girlfriend!! Got a 2 hour drive in the morning! Have a happy Sunday, hugs, Carol S.xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Fantastic card... Love the technique ... You have used...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Jules,
Smiled that Eileen Godwin wasn’t known to you, she was my first encourager who followed on my blog in Nov 2010, as I’d followed her blog for all of 2010. I must confess our paths have diverged and I only go occasionally to her blog now, but she’s been in the crafty mix there in UK for such long time as have you, so surprised you hadn’t met before.
Great technique, cracked it well. Very very bright and cheery!
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Hi Jules, I love your wonderful first attempt with bleeding tissue. My first attempt was at a workshop with Eileen a couple of years ago now. Her workshops are well worth a visit if you get the chance to go and she is a lovely lady too.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning design Jules, I love the sound of the technique and your colours are gorgeous, love it, Kate x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Jules. Love the colours and the background you've created with the tissue paper looks amazing.
Thanks for the 'heads up' for Snowy...managed to get hold of him and for half price too!
Lorraine x

Kathleen said...

Wow, what a fabulous colourful background, gorgeous colours and a super stamp, great glittery butterfly too.
I am not going to say that I will try this technique as I am just getting my head around trying with distressed inks, let alone all the other things folks are using these days.

Kath x

Brenda said...

Well now, this technique has me intrigued! I love how your card came out Jules, it is just stunning! I will have to go have a watch on this and see if I have any tissue paper that bleeds. lol Thanks for sharing Jules! Hugs, Brenda