My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 2 February 2019

I DON'T ALWAYS SEW STRAIGHT

Hi Everyone

I hope you have all had a good Saturday ahead of hopefully a good Sunday too!

So January is done and dusted in the blink of an eye and we are into February already!  I hope the whole year isn't going to go this fast.

We have been lucky here snow wise so far and have missed out on it completely .. .. though the other day when I went to Mum's I turned a corner and the road and pavements were fine but then a few hundred yards later I was met by snow on the pavements and trees.  How weird .. .. but I guess it has to stop and start somewhere! 

Don't the trees look beautiful all covered in frost!  Even those pesky cobwebs I walk into in the garden suddenly look amazing and make you appreciate just how much hard work they must be to create.

No frost today though .. .. just really cold temperatures .. .. just perfect for staying snuggled indoors and cracking on with some of that wedding work and a quick play with my Oxide Inks to produce this paper pieced creation:




This used::

Image:  Penny Black "3865K" Gossamer
Sentiment: Penny Black "30-297" Sprinkles and Smiles
Backing Papers:  Docrafts - Forever Friends Kraft Notes
Distress Oxide Ink Pad:  Faded Jeans
Distress Ink Pad:  Worn Lipstick
First Edition:  Torn Edge Nesting Dies
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Ribbon
Glass seed beads
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and that is it!

All finished and ready for entering into the Penny Black Saturday Challenge for February where the theme is "anything goes" as always .. .. but with the optional theme of flowers!

Catch you again soon and stay safe and warm.

17 comments:

Carol S. said...

Love the flower stamp, not sure if I have this one. A beautiful card and love the design with the papers and ribbon. We haven't had much snow. A coverage on the grass on Tuesday night. Have a happy Sunday. I am off the a Sincerely Yours, Craft Show in Thetford, about an hour from here. A fun girly day out!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carole said...

I really like this Jules...and I love that sentiment..a pretty card with the blue and pink..those flowers are lovely. Can't beat a Penny Black stamp. Do you remember the days when they had a paper catalogue? Have a good Sunday..catch up soon xxxx

Liz said...

I had to smile when I read the title of your post. I've always shied away from sewing on my cards for this reason, but you've just proved 'wonky' stitching can look really effective. Your card is really lovely and I love the oxide background. We had a fair bit of snow on Thursday night and Friday morning. It's still really icy as the temperature hasn't got much above freezing, but we managed to get out for a walk today to get some fresh air. xx

Annie H said...

Beautiful card, I love your ‘not straight’ sewing ! I realy need to use my oxide inks too.
Xx Annie

Annie H said...

Beautiful card, love your ‘not straight’ sewing very much. I realy need to use my oxide inks too.
XX Annie

Enny said...

A beautiful card, lovely flowers and background ! Yes, the weather is weird, here it was raining the whole Saturday, and just an half hour drive away, they had a whole day of snow ! Luckily, I went to a card-workshop, so the weather didn't bother me. Wish you all the best, and many thanks for your comments on my blog, so kind of you, I know how busy you are. All the best ! Enny

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty card Jules and last ve the background you’ve created...we’ve had quite a bit of snow in Somerset but the trees do look beautiful with snow and frost

Anne

EvaE. said...

WOW! So ein fantastisches Kärtchen!
Ich bin begeistert!
Herzlichst grüßt Dich Eva

Sarah said...

Well, the wonky stitching is just as perfect as the straight stitching Jules!! Love this card, the colours are so pretty. We have had a fair bit of snow, which has all but thawed. Rain from tonight for a few days, so normal weather resumed!! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Jules, lovely colours too, Kate x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jules, lovely colours - so pretty.
We had about six inches of snow here, that's very unusual for us, we usually manage to miss it completely - luckily I didn't have to go anywhere.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

Oh no, I missed this yesterday, after my watershed. Oh my joint favourite all time, ever image. Perfect card
I could sit and look at this all night.

Kath x

Debbie said...

Hi Jules...

What a pretty card. I love the colours.

I miss card making but until my new craftroom is built I have to stick with the knitting and cross stitching....

The pound of lard image is now clearly fixed in my mind...I had heard this before but had forgotten about it until you mentioned it...that single pound lose feels much better now...

Love Debbie x

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Jules! I love your oxide background, your beautiful flowers and your amazing color combo! But it is the sewing you do on your cards that really stand out and make your cards shine even more. I love your "not straight" sewing. lol Beautiful card as always! Stay warm, our Polar Vortex left and now we are enjoying temps in the 50's. But you know old man winter will be back. lol Hugs, Brenda

KandA said...

No snow here but we did have an amazing frost the other day that made it look like something out of a fairytale. Gorgeous card and I love the PB flower xx

Pop's Cards said...

This is simply stunning, hugs Pops x

lynda said...

What a beautifully designed card, Jules. Your colors all work together so well, and the ribbon and seed beads add just the right embellishment to offset the black in the sentiment. And I found your heart. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. Hope to see you here again. Hugs, Lynda Joy.