My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 22 November 2012

PROBLEM SOLVED !!

Hi Everyone

Thank you all so much for your comments and emails last night on my problem up-loading photographs.  It is true .. .. the crafty section of blogland is a lovely friendly place where everyone tries to do their best to help each other.  Makes you feel all warm inside doesn't it?

It sounds like lots of people have been having the same problem and quite a few have resorted to buying the additional space Mr Blogger was saying they needed.  But with only having used 69% of my allowance I am wondering if there is perhaps a little spanner in the works at the moment and all might right itself again.

In the meantime, after lots of faffing about, reading stuff I didn't understand on line last night and looking at everyone's comments and emails, I have managed to add my pictures this morning by re-sizing them.

Now I do not profess to being an expert by any stretch of the imagination but ... .. 

It is my understanding that provided pictures are less than 800 x 800 pixels then they are fine to up-load .. .. so I re-sized my images using the following website (which I am relieved to say is super easy to use .. .. thank goodness)


I simply clicked on the orange button which says "re-size photos now"

At the top there is then a button that says "choose file"

Find your picture you want to re-size and double click on this.  The title of your photo will appear next to the "choose file" button.

Then click the "upload image" button .. .. .. your photograph now appears underneath.  Two copies of your picture are there.  The one on the right being your original and the one on the left being the "optimized" and better looking version.  You can see the difference in numbers underneath the photographs.  You are looking for your pixels to be below the 800 x 800 allowance.

If you are happy with what you can see then simply press the "download this image button" and save the file for publishing on your blog.

My pictures didn't look quite right using the image as it was so I change the numbers underneath until I was happy and clicked on "apply changes".  

Happy with the changes to my re-sized image I clicked "download this image" and saved it for publishing.  But had I not been happy I could have clicked on the "start over" and I would have been back to where I was before I started fiddling with the numbers LOL!!!

There might be a bit of trial and error involved if you do alter the numbers but you can always go back and re-adjust the photograph again if you aren't happy with how it looks when you preview it in blogger.  It will  just be a case of getting used to a new fabby tool.

I hope that this helps if anyone else is having the same problems as I was .. .. .. but please don't ask me any technical questions .. .. .. what I did was simply trial and error .. .. .. and this is the extent of my knowledge LOL!!!

As I said at the beginning I am no expert!!  Just another friendly crafty blog owner trying to help if she can.

Now you can have a look for the heart on the pictures you couldn't see on my blog post yesterday (if you want to!).

Have a great day everyone.

EDITED TO SAY:  SOME FOLKS HAVE CONTACTED ME TO SAY THEY SIMPLY RE-SIZE THEIR PHOTOGRAPHS IN THEIR PHOTO EDITOR PACKAGE.

Love

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Morning Jules glad you got it sorted and thanks for the information on how to reduce photo's. I love your card the layout and colours are fabulous. Caroline xxx

Beryl said...

Glad your problem is sorted Jules but that sounds a bit long winded to me.Right from when I first put photos on a blog I have resized them in my photo software at the same time as I've cropped them to get rid of the desk space around the photo. I used to resize to 500 pixels but when I got a camera with a lot more pixels I thought (maybe quite wrongly) that the pixels must be smaller !!! so changed to choosing 750 or 800. Anyways - a lot quicker than going online someplace to do it.
Beryl xx

Sue said...

I'm glad you got it sorted Jules.
I'm rubbish with computers so it's good to know there are so many helpful crafters around.
Thanks for the link too, I have saved it onto my favourites should I need it in the future.

Hugs Sue

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Jules,
I was very interested to hear of your comment seems to be happening to lots of pf folks in Uk from what I can work out..
I checked my quota and I am way under it too, as far as i could manage to work out - and always re-size my photos in Windows live photo gallery so that is handy too ..
However not sure would trust an online thing to do it for me as the one I use is programme I have downloaded and it is on my computer would be worrying they would access other things too...

...but maybe no different to uploading onto blogger when you think about it :D thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz x.

rosie said...

thanks for all the info Jules. much appreciate it x

Carole Z said...

I just got pointed in your direction as I was having the same problem today (tho it seems to have corrected itself) However, this is really useful and I will try it, thank you! Carole Z

iReneM said...

Thanks for the info, Jules.
I'm another one who has had this problem.
x

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing, I haven't been able to upload any photos for over a week, someone suggested I resize but being a bit of a technophobe, I couldn't work out how to do it. Thanks to your advice I've just managed to post a card!!!:)

Brenda said...

Hi Jules, I got the same message and couldn't post any pics on my blog too. I did buy the storage and that did let me post pics then, but had I saw this first I wouldn't have. lol Thanks for the clear directions, I will be giving this a try so I don't run out of space again! I'm glad that you got it figured out cause we would miss seeing your beautiful cards!!