My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 6 August 2014

THE GAZEBO HAS NEEDED AN EXTENSION

Hi Everyone

Happy Wednesday!

I hope you are having a good day.

This is the point at which you say "rather you than me"  LOL!!!

The weather hasn't been being very kind to us .. .. we have had lots of really heavy rain sessions and at one point all there was was only a dry 12" square under the gazebo!  So an extension was needed so we could carry on working .. .. and here it is .. .. with Mr Heart installed and working .. .. which worked fine until we had another rainstorm about 20 minutes after this lovely sunshine. 


But don't for one minute feel sorry for Mr Heart .. .. because he isn't the only one working hard.  I have been taking out all the old cement (and a few weeds) from between the crazy paving across the back patio .. .. and then down the side of the house leading the back door of the garage.


These pictures were taken at lunchtime .. .. but as I gave in for today I had removed everything .. .. which means tomorrow I will be getting lessons in "pointing up".  Sigh!!!  It seems such a slow job but it will hopefully be worth it.

I can't wait for it to be finished and nice again .. .. and then we can think about starting on the next area . .. the place where Mr Heart and I sometimes share a rare relaxing few minutes on the "swingy sofa".  All of those plants, the table and chimney pot don't normally live under there .. .. they have been moved from the top deck whilst we are working. 


What a mess it all looks .. .. you must be ashamed to know me .. .. but on the bright side it can only get better (hopefully).  

Perhaps I will be able to show you nice pictures one day .. .. and these will be the "before" shots.

We do have quite a large garden that is slowly being tamed.  I don't know why I can't win the lottery so we can build a lovely big workshop to take up about a quarter of it .. .. I would be well happy with that.   But then again you do have to actually buy a ticket if you want to win don't you .. ..that is probably where I am going wrong.   LOL!!

But of course all this DIY work isn't doing my crafty "do-list" any favours.  It's a good job I am well on schedule with my weddings!!

No crafty makes to share with you today I'm afraid .. .. the only thing I have made is a wedding card for my youngest Son to give away on Friday. 

I may, or may not catch you tomorrow.  It just depends how the day goes.  They have given sunshine for the day at the moment so it may be a full day outside.  I must be well topped up with Vitamin D this week!!!

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Love

14 comments:

lisa said...

Wish I lived nearer so I could give you hand, nothing I like better than taming gardens!
Your paving is looking good, will send you the lovely sunshine we've had here in Yorkshire today.
Don't work too hard.
Hugs Lisax

Sarah said...

"Removed everything"? At what point does hard landscaping require nudity Jules??!! LOL!! All the hard work will be worth it for sure!! Look forward to seeing the finished project xx

Patricia said...

Will all be wonderful when it is all finished, I know it will.
Will be pristine like all your beautiful cards.
Thank you for "tip" I wondered what the secret of the Lottery was ........ it's buying a ticket!!!! LOL!!!
Hugs

Patricia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jules, gosh this all looks like hard work, but I'm sure it will be worth the effort by the time it's finished. Don't overdo it though, hugs Kare x

LesleyG said...

Happy pointing tomorrow then! Hope you get some crafty time. Patio is looking good so far:)

Cynthia said...

Ahhh, your poor backs and knees must be hurting!! I can't wait to see the end product though--I know it will look beautiful!!

scrappymo! said...

It is going to look so lovely when you are done!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh definitely a rather you than me moment Jules! Good luck I certainly don't envy you! Susan x

Jacee said...

Good luck with it all Jules, you are both certainly working hard, but it will be worth it in the end, look forward to the 'after' pics.
Hugs Jacee

Carole Campanile said...

Your garden looks like paradise to me. I would post picutes of my backyard, but I'm afraid I'd get fined by our homeowners association if they saw it. Everything in the back of my home is dead, other than the trees. No grass, mud or cracked dirt every where and the weeds own whats left of the space. :)

Hugs,
Carole

Carole said...

Looks like there is lots of hard work going on there, take it easy xx

Brenda said...

A lot of hard work for sure Jules, but it will be worth it all once it is finish and done. I feel for you and the Mr. with the rain, makes working not so nice. I hope you get your day of sunshine and I can't wait to see your finished project!!! And yes, it will get better! Now if we all lived close by we could give you guys a hand, but since I am across the pond from you, I can only offer you some words of encouragement. Big hugs, Brenda

Carole Z said...

Aah Jules, speaking as someone else who has been roped in to helping with heavy work tasks in the garden lately, I can feel your joints cringe, because mine certainly did! You and I share the same dream- a big win for a huge workshop in the garden. I look out every day and see it there, it would be perfect...but alas the mirage just disappears in a flash! Take care and don't work too hard either of you! Hugs Carole Z X

Annmaree of Oz said...

Looks like summer is going well there Jules, it looks great already! Well done with all the hard work!