My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 9 February 2015

I PROMISE I HAVEN'T BEEN BEING LAZY

Hi Everyone

Where on earth have I been and where on earth is the time going?

It has been a super, super busy time in the old House of Hearts .. .. I certainly didn't realise that so many days had disappeared since I last made an appearance on my blog.  Tut, tut!!!

Quite often when people are finding it difficult to post they say that "life is getting in the way of crafting".  

Fortunately that isn't the problem I have been experiencing.

If anything I would say the opposite and crafting is taking the place of everything else .. .. to such an extent that Mr Heart ended up taking over all the cooking for the last few weeks.  Super kind of him and very helpful .. .. but let's face it .. .. that was probably the only way he was going to get to eat anything worth eating LOL!!

Loads and loads has been churned out .. .. but sadly nothing I have been able to share.

On top of this my lovely Sis and I exhibited at a wedding fayre yesterday.  The first of the two I attend each year.  I spent the whole day before designing new invitations and really enjoyed myself. Once I got going I didn't want to stop!!!  LOL!!  

At the fayre yet again the new additions turned out to be really popular.  I tried to make a new style that would be nice and quick for me to produce and budget friendly for the "happy couples".  So boxes ticked for both parties!

A brilliant fayre and this morning I am buzzing with excitement .. .. and my "in-box" has been buzzing with enquiries.  One landed before I had even left the fayre!  Thankfully some people are looking for next year and even 2017 which is good news as my wedding diary for this year has very few gaps left in it.

So nothing new made that I can share I'm afraid .. .. but I can show you my favourite makes from the new issue of Quick Cards Made Easy magazine that went on sale the other day:

This first one was part of a "spinning aperture" commission (love the papers very much)



The second one was for a triple stamping commission.  Great technique that I hadn't tried before .. .. but I am now hooked!!




 and lastly .. .. I really enjoyed playing with the free gift from this month's issue .. .. a lovely embossing folder and stamp set




So there I am .. .. just like a bus!!  Nothing for ages and then three come along all at once!

Off now to start a big house clear up and to pack away everything I took to yesterday's fayre.

Have a good day everyone.

Love

26 comments:

Viv said...

Three beauties Jules - (confess that the middle on is my fave tho!) x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely cards Jules all so different but equally gorgous.
Please to hear you are keeping busy with wedding invitions etc..

Anne

Eve said...

Hi Jules
I'm so glad all is well with you as I do have a little panic when you are absent.... I wonder what emergency service I would call to dig you out of a mountain of ribbons and snippets!!! LOL!!

Glad also to hear that you have not been slacking not that I thought your were for a minute!

It just goes to show how gorgeous your wedding makes are when happy couples get in touch before you even get home!!

Hope you have a fabulous week.
xxx

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Jules,
Love all your beautiful cards, think No2 is my favourite.
Have not tried that technique, a must do soon

Patricia x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jules, good to hear you are busy with your wdding buisness.
Beautiful trio of cards, lovely themes and colours, I think the butterfly one is my favourite though, hugs Kate x

Di said...

Hi Jules! I've been drooling over these lovely cards in QCME magazine yet again earlier today! Spoooooky or what?!

Love all the ones you made for the mag. although this triple stamping one really caught my eye - a lovely technique and I haven't done it for ages.

Hugs

Di xx

Sue B said...

Ah sounds like you've been mega busy Jules… which is good.. great you are getting lots more custom for years ahead.
Wow! your cards are all gorgeous… I was trying to pick a favourite but can't!!! they are all so different and each one is stunning ! love the triple stamping technique… it looks awesome… and also love the embossed butterflies on the last card… the silver is very pretty with the pink and blue! :-)
Hope you have a good week!
Love Sue B xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

These are gorgeous Jules. x

Sarah said...

Lazy...you...no way!! Glad you are ok and have been a busy bee. Loved your cards in the magazine and the pretty butterflies are gorgeous xx

Carol said...

Hi Jules...good to hear you're nice busy :) These cards are gorgeous...love the second one, the colour combo is beautiful. Carol x

cotnob said...

Three gorgeous cards Jules, such beautiful colours on the triple stamping one.
I'm so pleased to hear that you are being kept busy with wedding commissions, it must be so nice to have lots of work booked in.
Take care.
Pauline
x

Debbie said...

Lovely to see your card commissions dearie. My favourite is the triple stamping one, beautiful colours. Glad you've been really busy with your wedding work. Hope you're taking care of yourself too.hugs xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous set of card, my favourite being the second one, love the triple stamping and the colours.
I have missed a couple of your post as I have been on holiday, please forgive me for lack of comments.
Great that the Fayre's have been productive, well worth the hard work getting ready for them.

Kath x

Carole said...

Hi, good to see you back I do miss you, really love the second card the colours and stamps beautiful xxx

Lynsey said...

Sounds like you are super busy Jules! Glad your business is going so well! All your cards are gorgeous!
Hugs Lynsey x

Marie-Louise said...

These are gorgeous Jules.

Lynne K said...

Glad to hear your business is going so well, Jules, it certainly deserves to with all your hard work, not to mention your fabulous designs. And you still have the time and energy to come up with these gorgeous cards too. The word Superwoman springs to mind!

Hugs, Lynne x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

You sound so busy Jules but I am sure you wouldn't have it any other way! Good luck with all your work I don't know how you manage it. A friend has asked me to do her invites and I am wondering how on earth I will manage!! Your cards for the magazine are gorgeous I love them all! Susan x

Lorraine said...

Three fabulous cards Jules. All so different and all so gorgeous.
Lorraine x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Three fab cards.... I have just had my Quick Cards... Mag come... Stunning makes...
Hugs Sylvie xx

coops said...

stunning selection of cards jules.all so beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Carole Z said...

A fabulous selection of cards as always Jules..beautiful makes! I haven't been here much either but for me it really is a case of life getting in the way of craft! Glad you are so much in demand, clearly very discerning couples where you live...well done you! Hugs Carole Z X

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous! I love all the happy layers and the beautiful colors!!

Brenda said...

No Jules, you can't say that life gets in the way of your crafting because you are always doing wedding crafting!!! You amaze me with all you do! I am loving the cards, such beautiful designs and papers. And as always you do such an elegant job with your cards. Hugs, Brenda

Juls said...

Lovely to hear your crafting has been keeping you so busy, this is such an amazing collection of cards :-) xx

XxJULESxX said...

Oh my stunning cards Jules love these!!!