My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 15 October 2019

JUST FOR BEING YOU

Hi Everyone

I hope you have all had a good Tuesday.

Sadly my regular supplier of card blanks retired recently and as stocks are starting to run low here I have begun (after all these years) to make my own .. .. which inevitably means once I have cut my 14.5cm square base card from an A4 sheet I am left with a strip of card.   

No way can I throw that strip away .. .. .. and rather than add them to the "white snippets" box I thought I would put them to one side for tags at Christmas.  But then I looked at it again, folded my strip in half and wondered if it would make another good "small card" .. .. similar to my teeny tiny ones but a different shape.

So that was what I made .. ..  but I did cut the length a little to give me a base card that measures 6.5 x 13.5cm

But guess what?  It would appear other crafters use these "cut off" pieces and turn them into cards and bookmarks .. .. ..  and they have their own official crafty name .. .. scraplings!!!

Just look at these scrummy makes on Pinterest here .. .. all from scraplings .. .. and all individual works of art in their own right.  

So with itchy fingers and delight that my offcuts would come in useful this is what I came up with .. ..




This used:

Image:  Hero Arts "S5316" Silhouette Grass
Sentiment:  WOW!  "Stamp Set 41" Just Saying
Distress Ink Pads:  Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans
QuicKutz Dragonfly Die
My Trusty Sewing Machine

Mr Heart has also made me a template for my skinny envelope  -  but I haven't made that yet (having him at home more is proving very useful in some regards LOL!!)

So with offcuts used up what better place to take my creation than Pixie's Snippets Playground (sadly somewhere else I haven't had chance to visit recently .. .. sorry Di!)

You will notice in my material list a QuicKutz Die .. .. did anyone else invest in the QuicKutz Squeeze Die Cutter.


I still have mine and an array of little dies.  The dies are two inches square and you can see those in  that little plastic bag in the middle of this box.  You put the die on the magnetic plate then add your card and squeeze a few times for all your worth!!  Boy does it work your arm muscles!!

The picture above has come from the internet.  Mine no longer has it's box - it just had a layer of dust!!  Tut tut!!

Anyway, that is me, and many thanks for your lovely comments on my wedding work post of yesterday.  You are very kind.

Catch you soon.


18 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and didn't know they had a name. Yes I had one think I got rid or maybe in a box but I did buy dies and have kept them and use occasionally in my big shot. Good to see you giving Mr Heart making good use of his time. Tee hee

Kath said...

A beautiful scraplings card Jules.
Kath x

meg said...

A wonderful way to use the left over strip love all the detail in the image and the tones in the background

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jules, I have not heart of a 'scrapling' before but it looks like a great idea.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jules, lovely design and stamping, love the shape of this teeny tiny card, Kate x

Crafting Queen said...

What a fab card, love it. I had one of these got rid of it years ago!lol
Have a great day.

Aquarius said...

Love the design on your 'stripling' card and how great that Mr. Heart was able to produce an envelope template to fit. I didn't have one of those die cutting gadgets although I do remember having quite a few dies which fitted a similar (I think) gadget but which I used in my Big Shot. My original Sizzix die machine was small and red and required a lot of arm pressure to make it work, no easy handle turning or electric machines then - how things have moved on to our advantage eh???

Kathleen said...

What a great idea and what a great card, super background and images, love the touch o glitter too.
Never even seen one let alone posess one.

Kath x

Carole said...

Hi Jules
Love this scrapling! beautiful inking and design....you have a wonderful imagination. xx

Carol S. said...

What a great use for all those scraps, we don't know what to do with. I have made some into Christmas Gift Tags and have sold them at the Craft Fairs. I will make them into cards after my Christmas Fairs, so thanks Jules for the link.
I will reply to your email I have just seen later.
Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

JanR said...

What a lovely card! It's so pretty and the sentiment is wonderful.

Stamps and Paper said...

What a lovely card you’ve created from your scrap card ...yes I had and used to demonstrate the QuicKiutz dies for Personal Impressions many years ago ..but I got rid of it a few years ago when the Bigshot came out...

Anne

Lynne said...

A gorgeous card with lovely colours and those little dragonflies are so cute! x

Di said...

Absolutely fabulous 'scrapling' card Jules. I adore all the lovely detail.

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

What a beautiful scrapling Jules! I love when people use their snippets to make cards with, but this takes it to a whole new level. I love your inking and scene and as always I love the sewing you did. Oh yes, I so wanted the QuickKutz die machine but sadly never got one. I probably wouldn't be able to use one now with my arthritic hands so best it worked out that way. lol Glad you found yours and put it in action again! Love this card, so beautiful! Glad DH was able to make a template for a skinny envelope for you too, these men are quite handy to have around! lol Hugs, Brenda

Pop's Cards said...

I love this the colours are so soft, I have some dies but not my squeeze machine not sure where it went but I love the dies still, hope your well, hugs Pops x

Debbie said...

Ooh I'm going to have a look at these scraplings.... thanks for the link. Great idea. I've done it in the past but didn't know there was a name for it. We learn something new every day. Really lovely card again Hun. Lovely words too. Hugs xx

Sarn said...

Hi Jules . .. popping over from the Snippets Playground where I saw your lovely scrapling had been showcased. It's gorgeous and thanks for the Pinterest link to others. Xxx