My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 19 January 2020

CHRISTMAS LOVE

Hi Everyone

I hope your Sunday has been a good one.

A nice relaxing one here which has seen me working on a batch of intricate wedding invitations .. .. .. ..  whilst Mr Heart has been watching a bit of the old footie.

I decided to have a little break from the invites though and make a Christmas card as I am nowhere near the five I would like to have by the end of January (I thought five a month would be a good target if I could manage it .. .. and so far I only have one!!).

I decided to play along with the CAS Christmas Card Challenge for January where the theme is to "include a tag" and as I have included a penguin in my design I can also have another entry into the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the theme is "penguin parade".

So here we go:




This used:

Image:  My Lovely Studio "Ice Christmas"  (sorry cannot see where to link to)
Backing Paper:  My Lovely Studio "Jingle Bells Book Print"
ProMarkers
Dovecraft Snowflake Embossing Folder
Washi Tape
Diamond Stickles
White Gel Pen
Ribbon
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and that is me for today .. .. and Christmas card number two has gone into the stock box!


25 comments:

Carole said...

Well done!...another super card in your pot. Watch that halo!..lol Hugs xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

This is just so cute Jules.
Sue x

meg said...

Love your design, the paper ef and penguin are beautiful

Viv said...

Cute penguin Jules! Great card. x

Kathleen said...

This is gorgeous Julie, very classy. It maybe a lovely small image but it still stands out against the super background. Love it.

Kath x

Dotty Jo said...

Love your little penguin pal, Jules! Thanks so much for playing along again at The Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Annie H said...

Lovely CAS card, beautiful subtle silver details. Seeing this I think I also have this penguin.
xx Annie

cotnob said...

A sweet Christmas card Jules, such a cute penguin and great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Jules penguins are such adorable creatures who wouldn’t love your card

Anne

Aquarius said...

Loving this card and the penguin is super cute. You're on the way with your target anyway with still some of January left.

Crafting Queen said...

This such a cute card. Must start my cards as well. Have a good week. Hope your son and daughter-in-law enjoy their new fur babies.

Jane Willis said...

What an adorable penguin - and I love the subtle background paper.
Jane
Guest Designer at CAS Christmas

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Jules.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Aww so cute Jules and such a lovely design too, kate x

The Craft Bucket said...

Very cute, love Jane x

Kath said...

A fabulous card Jules - I love the cute penguin.
Kath x

Carol S. said...

Love the cute penguin and the pretty silver accents. Gorgeous card Jules. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Brenda said...

Love this adorable card Jules! Your little penguin is so cute on the tag, love that beautiful word paper you used and the dry embossing on which your tag sits. You always make an adorable card look so elegant. I wish I had that talent! lol Love this one my friend, keep going and you will have those 5 cards done for this month. Hugs, Brenda

Bonnie said...

Love this sweet penguin tag, Jules, and the soft colors! The shine and sparkle make this so festive! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Sarah said...

This is lovely Jules. I am a big fan of The Lovely Studio and the many images on one page, not sure I have these though, how did that happen!?? Fab design as always xx

Susan said...

Such a sweet little penguin! Love the silver accents in the bow, the mirror card bordering the panel, and the washi tape. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Linda said...

What a lovely card with your sweet little penguin. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card Jules, I love the text DP for your background and that adorable penguin on your tag. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

KandA said...

Wonderful card, the background paper and layout looks fabulous with the sweet little penguin tag xx

ionabunny said...

Adorable penguin and I love the design. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz