My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 6 September 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM

Hi Everyone

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend.

Ours has been centred around Mum and her 90th birthday with all the family trying hard to make it as special a weekend as we can for her.  When she was 80 we all went out for a meal, but sadly that wasn't able to happen this time .. .. .. but we are hoping to have a delayed celebration further down the line.

I think we have done OK and Mum had a happy weekend which I don't think she will forget in a hurry.

One of the highlights was thought of by my Niece and all family members were asked to send her a video wishing Mum a happy birthday.  My Niece then strung them all together into a lovely little film for her .. .. I just know she will watch it over and over again as it went through all the generations of her family.  The whole video was stolen by the youngest member of course who is two and a bit years old and a super cutie!

This is the card I made for Mum .. .. but sadly I didn't photograph it very well before I handed it over.


Mum couldn't believe her eyes because when she took it out of its envelope it looked like this .. .. but turned into the pop up box card above.

This used the Spellbinders Pop Up Box Die Set, lots of different Sizzix Floral Dies, a LOTV sentiment stamp and lots and lots of snippets.

I'll catch you again soon.


14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Jules, always such beautiful creations from you, this is lovely. ♥

meg said...

A beautiful everlasting bouquet Jules love your floral elements a brilliant card hope you all had a great time celebrating this special day with mum

Aquarius said...

It sounds as if you all had a lovely birthday weekend for your Mum. Love this pop up box card with all the beautiful flowers.

Kath said...

A fabulous card Jules and a belated happy birthday to your mum too.
Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum Jules. I love the gorgeous card and I'm sure that your mum did also. What a great idea to make a video of the generations for your mum, I might have to pinch that idea for my mum who will be 90 in January.

Quick update re my mum, she went into a home from hospital wednesday last week. I've not been able to visit yet as I'm waiting for the results of a Covid test to come back.

Sue xx

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card in a box... I have this super Die set.... made loads of cards with it ...it always sells well....
Glad your Mum had a good day ..... hope she has many more ....
hugs a Sylvie xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jules, I'm sure your Mum loved it.
Such a wonderful idea to create a film of Birthday messages, I'm sure your Mum will get lots of pleasure watching it over and over.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

This is so beautiful, love all the colours. Happy 90th to your mum.
Debbie x

Carole said...

And you forgot to mention all the love you put in this beautiful creation Jules. I am sure your mum will treasure it...it is a permanent flower display and bonus...no water needed, no fading flowers. Super stunning. So glad you all had a good time. xx

JanR said...

Happy Birthday to your mum! Such a wonderful card! All those die cuts look fantastic.

cuilliesocks said...

How lovely that your Mum had such a lovely day, and a wonderful idea to put a family video together for her, that is such a keepsake.
Your card is is stunning, beautiful flowers and colours.
Congratulations to your Mum for reaching that wonderful age, more Happy Birthdays to come, Kate x

Brenda said...

I love that your whole family made your mum's special day even more special Jules! The video was an amazing and thoughtful gift-one that can keep giving because your mum can watch it over and over. So love that! Your card is beautiful, who doesn't love a box card, especially one that is so full of beautiful blooms?!! I bet your mum has never seen the likes of a card like that before! lol One she can keep sitting out to see it over and over and know how loved she is. Brings tears to my eyes know how much you all went to make her day so special, especially in these times. Hugs, Brenda

Sarah said...

I am so pleased to hear that Mummy Heart had a wonderful special day. Your card is gorgeous, a real showstopper xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Happy 90th to your Mum, what a grand age , sorry you couldn't celebrate as you would have liked . Your card is very special. Jane x