My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 16 September 2021

THANK YOU KATH

Hi Everyone

A special card and post today in honour of a lovely lady who sadly passed away recently .. .. Kath .. .. who was part of quite a few design teams and had a lovely blog called "Plain & Simple".  Although Kath and her lovely creations were far from that!

Kath was a great blog friend who I never physically met.  We only spoke to one another through our blogs and the emails we shared .. .. .. and yet we knew each other so well.  I have lots of lovely memories of Kath and I hope she knew just how much I appreciated the years of friendship we shared.

As a very popular member of the Allsorts Challenge Blog design team, this week in Kath's memory, there is a special challenge. The theme is "Favourite Stamps" and was chosen by Kath months ago .. .. .. .. and there is also the option of "paper pieced flowers" which I know only too well was a technique that Kath really loved.

So here is my card .. .. .. especially for you Kath.  Hope you approve of me going overboard with my paper-piecing.  I fitted in as much as I could for you.



This used:

Image and Sentiment:  Julie Hickey Designs "SKU JH1001" Friendship Blooms
Design Paper:  Kaisercraft "Cherry Blossom" and First Edition Paper "Rose Garden"
Pearls and a Button
My Trusty Sewing Machine


and that is it Kath.  Especially for you.  

Thank you for our friendship, I miss you!

19 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

What a perfect card you've made for Kath...I am sure see would love it too...love the paper piecing.....it's very sad when we loose out crafty friends and they give us so much inspiration...

Anne x

brenda said...

Hi Jules,

I am so pleased you have joined in our special tribute to Kath, she would have been so taken back by all the love that has been shared this week. Even more so by so many beautifully paper pieced creations people have made especially in her honour.

And I am certain she would have thoroughly approved of the card you have made here, it couldn't be more fitting.

I feel so lucky to have known her and even more so to have met her. In the last few weeks we chatted on the phone a few times and her sense of humour didn't leave her, one of the things I remember her saying during that time is "life can be rubbish at times" and it certainly was to take her so quickly.

Thank you so much for joining in with our Challenge for Kath and helping making it a special week.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful tribute card for your friend Jules, it's a lovely floral image and beautifully paper pieced too, lovely background papers and design, Kate x

meg said...

The paper pieced flower and sentiment are definitely the stars on your card Jules,a beautiful tribute to Kath

anne said...

A beautiful card Jules and lovely words to go with it.
Hugs
Anne x

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card and so apt as a tribute to Kath xx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love it. Anesha x

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules

Sorry to hear of your team loss. Very sad losing a friend.

I am sure she will love your card, as it is beautiful.

I am doing a Craft Fair on Saturday and hoping this one will be better than the last two. Taking some Christmas bits as I have 2 x 6' tables, so have a mix of stash from the last 2 years.

Hope all is well with you and are you going to keep your wedding business?

Love and hugs,
Carol xxxxx

Claire said...

Beautiful card for a very special person whose now become an angel. I love all the paper piecing, a card made with such fondness and love x

Sarn said...

Hi Jules

I had a similar relationship with Kath & never met her physically. Really miss our email chats.

I love the beautifully paper pieced card you’ve made for the Allsorts tribute . . . it’s perfect.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Aquarius said...

Very lovely card and great paper piecing - a fitting tribute to Kath. Always sad to lose friends even if they are ones we never actually meet in person.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card and tribute to your friendship.

Sue xx

Linby said...

It's a beautiful card and such a fitting tribute to Kath. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jules, such a lovely tribute to Kath.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card love the image and paper piecing a perfect tribute to Kath thank you for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week
hugs
lolo x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card Jules, so happy you made a card for a memory of Kath.
Thank you for your entry over at at Allsorts;-))m

JanR said...

What a lovely tribute and card.

HilaryJane said...

What a beautiful card, I love that paper piecing, it really enhances the look. I am now starting to realise that it is quite normal for you to use your sewing machine on your cards. I love it. I have been away for a few days so am a bit behind. I will catch up eventually xx

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Jules and a lovely tribute to Kath! I didn't know her, but almost feel like I did by all these lovely tribute cards to her. Yours is just stunning! Hugs, Brenda