Hi Everyone
Apologies for the absence (again) .. .. .. it has been a manic time here in the home of hearts. All centred around Mum which has involved days of paperwork alongside visits to see if she is hopefully awake and will eat or drink for us (the biggest treat of all being if she will chat, which just occasionally happens - not that she always knows who I am). She once asked me what country I am from, and I said I have always lived here in England. She expressed surprise that I hadn't been evacuated to which I said "I was lucky, I was just old enough to be allowed to stay". She was pleased for me 😊
I could write a book on the things she has said over the years. But we agreed when all this began that we as a family live in Mum's world, we don't ever let her think she is wrong with the things she says.
Anything involving paperwork is always a real challenge because Mum has been for many, many years a serial shredder .. .. .. despite us setting up files for her to put them in and telling her we will need the information later. We eventually deliberately blocked the shredder so she couldn't use it any more and I slowly started to bring any paperwork I could get my hands on home with me .. .. .. but of course that didn't stop her ripping things up.
Then to add to the fun the latest Windows Up-date has caused problem with my computer .. .. .. .. sometimes it opens in "bios mode" and other times it behaves itself.
Why can't life just be straightforward? All I want to do is go to visit Mum and then come home and sit and make cards!!! Surely that isn't too much to ask is it?
Anyway today the computer wants to play so I am making hay while the sun shines and sharing a Teeny Tiny Christmas card which measures a whole 9cm square.
Anyway today the computer wants to play so I am making hay while the sun shines and sharing a Teeny Tiny Christmas card which measures a whole 9cm square.
This used:
Image: Just Rite Clear Stamp Set "CR-05030" Doodled Birds (love this set - it is years old)
Trees: Cardio "Mini Tall Trees"
Sentiments: Clearly Besotted "Rockin' Robin"
Backing Paper: Pink Petticoat (sadly no longer trading) and snippets for the paper piecing
Dovecraft snowflake embossing folder.
Trees: Cardio "Mini Tall Trees"
Sentiments: Clearly Besotted "Rockin' Robin"
Backing Paper: Pink Petticoat (sadly no longer trading) and snippets for the paper piecing
Dovecraft snowflake embossing folder.
WeRMemory Keepers Envelope Punch Board
My Trusty Sewing Machine
and a couple of ProMarkers
and a couple of ProMarkers

3 comments:
A very sweet card. I love the paper piecing. Glad you are finding time to craft a little. We are looking after my daughters dogs, so no time to craft just now. Elaine.
I just love those cheery little birds with their Christmas tweetings. -what a lovely card. So sorry to hear that you've been having a stressful time of late. I fancy life does seem to be far more complicated these days than it needs to be despite (or perhaps due to) all the technology at our fingertips 🙄. Sending hugs xx
Love this card, Jules - it's always good to use our oldies but goodies every now and then. Sending a hug as I know how stressful it can be when you are trying to do your best for parents xx
Post a Comment