My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 18 April 2011

MOJO MONDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy Monday!!!

I hope you have had a good day.

Mine started off a bit worryingly in that people turned up next door to fell a huge tree that must have been at least two double storey houses high .. .. huge would be an understatment.  Of course I had visions of some of it falling into my garden or worse still going through my greenhouse!!!

Thankfully I couldn't see them working away .. .. but I did sneek a peep every so often just to make sure all was still as it should be.  It truly was a work of art as they had to be so careful to remove the right branches first. 

I went down the garden at one point with my washing and the main "tree fella" was right up on the top branches of the tree with his magic hoist and chain saw and shouted down to me ... "I'm finding you some extra light for your garden duck" .. .. but of course being the cheeky person I am I replied "Does your Mother know you are up there?".

He laughed and said "No, and don't tell her .. .. she would be a nervous wreck if she knew".

We have ended the day good mates and he even came round before he went and told me to get my washing in as it is going to pour with rain!!    I fetched it all in and now it has brightened up .. typical!!

Still lots for them to do before the tree is gone .. .. it is the highest parts that are left .. .. eeekkk!!

Anyway, whilst all of that has been going on I have been crafting away and today's share is a creation that used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch.





 
This used:

Image:  Penny Black "1590F" Loving Mice
Sentiment:  LOTV
Backing Papers:  Aimee Asher
Crystal Stickles
ProMarkers
Ribbon from the Stash Box

and here is the sketch I followed


So that is me for today.

I hope you all have a lovely evening and thank you for all your lovely comments on my snippets of yesterday.  By far the favourite was the last one .. .. the Paper Artsy birdcage!!

Love

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuuuuuute Mouseys, love them to bits!

Have a great day!

Wishcraft said...

Oh what an adorable card Jules, it's gorgeous! Lisa x

Doreen said...

What a delicious card, I soooo love the image and your backing papers.Have a nice evening Jules.xxx

Tracey T said...

This is so sweet Jules - such a lovely layout and the colour combination is just gorgeous. xx

Jennifer said...

This is so pretty Jules! Lovely colours and sweet image. So glad all went well with the tree. xx Jenny xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous hugs ♥ pops x

lisa said...

Sounds like you've had an exciting day, Jules. It's amazing how they get these trees down without any branches going wayward isn't it. We had the same thing last year with a neighbours Eucalyptus (that's not spelt right but you get my drift!!) and I kept a beady eye on them thinking the same things as you but we hardly even got a leaf in our garden, pretty impressive when the tree was right next to our fence.
It's a great card, i love the ribbon and just to be in fashion, my favourite is the bird cage from yesterday too!!
Hope the sun shines for you tomorrow.
Hugs Lisax

Donna said...

aww what a cute image! I love black and pink together. Gorgeous xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is gorgeous Jules; those papers are beautiful. Love the sketch - I must take a look at this challenge. xx

Debbie said...

Hi Jules,This image is so sweet.Your ribbons are gorgeous, another lovely colour scheme.Fab card. Glad everything turned out fine with the tree.Love Debbie x

Little K Smith said...

Aaaww adorable card Jules, love the sweet mice and a gorgeous colour combo too :)
Hope the rest of the tree comes down in the right place! :)
Kelly.x

Donna Mosley said...

Very pretty card Jules. Love the cute image and another yummy bow. Ooh! extra sunlight, it's all good. :o)

Donna x

angelwhispers said...

What a beautiful card and such fab colours!!

Better for you not to watch too much at the tree going down I remember when my was done and the man was swinging around with the chainsaw swinging around whilst still on!!!!! Not good for the heart!! Love Chanelle x

craftimamma said...

Ah, this is such a sweet image Jules. Love the soft colours too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

PS Sorry I've been awol all week again. Usual reasons. Wedding only 5 weeks away and I'm getting nowhere fast!

coops said...

aw such a gorgeous card jules.the image is adorable and i love your pretty colours and fab ribbon.
hope the tree is felled soon :D

xx coops xx

Jenny said...

Hi Jules, sweet little card and love the bit about the tree being felled...I'd have had to do more washing or gardening so I could keep an eye on them lol.
Thanks for joining my followers list and your comment on my blog, I have been following your blog for a few weeks but ashamed to say this is my first comment. Your cards are lovely and I like looking for your heart each time:)
Jenny x

Unknown said...

Awww wow this is so cute cute cute, love the pink and black contrast and such a pretty stamp... my day was much much worse ... I broke one of my MS punches aaaahhhh :(

Milliesmarvels said...

This is lovely Jules! I love what you did with the sketch, it's fab. We have some massive trees in the garden next door and I dread the day they are taken down, all the roots are under our lawn as we found out when we dug it over to returf! Thanks for your lovely comment on my WOJ card :-)
Jane
x

Sarn said...

SOOOOO cute . . . love it!

Hugs, Sandra

Grenouille Greetings said...

LOL at "does your mother know.."! Big smiles for your card too. Oh so adorable! And of course I love your recent makes too but you know what it's like with commenting and you are soooo prolific with your talent it's hard to keep up! Big Hugs, Lesley

Jacee said...

Such a sweet card Jules, I love the image.
You've had an exciting day then, we could do with that fella round here as we have a big Eucalyptus that could do with a 'trim', needs someone that knows what their doing as it's huge, hangs over next doors greenhouse too which is a bit worrying when it's very windy.
Hugs Jacee

Nannieflash said...

What a pair of sweeties, love the papers and your cute image. with hugs Shirleyxx

Viv said...

Awww Jules - what a sweetie pair these are... gorgeous colour combo and a lovely card. x

Tracy said...

Hi Jules,
This is so gorgeous, Im loving this! Fabulous papers too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Whisper said...

Ahh bless, what a cutie, Luv Sam x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Jules this is absolutely gorgeous beautiful papers and image I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kaz said...

Awwww cute iccle mices! LOVE the colours & your ribbon, gorgeous card.
Kaz xx

Stella said...

Awe....i think I;m in love....:) This is so super sweet and gorgeous. And what I also love is the fact that you add a lovely touch of elegance to this card. It's breathtaking!
Enjoy your weekend! Happy Easter!