My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 7 August 2011

JULES' CRAFTY SNIPPET CHALLENGE - WEEK 31

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Hubby and I spent a lovely day with our friends yesterday and had a lovely meal out last night.  The prices are no different to a take-away and you take your own drinks so it makes for a great night (and no washing up!!!).

The day flew by.  Lots of talking from us ladies .. .. .. and still we hadn't finished after 12 hours together !!  LOL!!  Then surprise of surprises .. .. hubby's football team won!!!  Let's hope this good start to the season is a taste of things to come!!

So after no crafting yesterday my fingers were itching to get cracking good and early so here are my snippet makes for this week.













I had lots of lovely company again in the snippet playground last week .. .. .. so here I am with the register to share the creations of all my lovely playmates.. ..

First up was Carole who shared an abundance of snippet makes .. .. lots and lots of inspiration on Carole's post.   Carol hasn't been able to do much crafting recently due to work pressures and the revamping of her wonderful craft room (if you have a look at Carole's whole blog you will see a fantastic picture showing the finished look).  It is heavenly!!

Next Helen shared a fantastic snippet make.  I just love the image, the colours, the embossed stars .. . well everything about this make really.  It all looks wonderful on that kraft background!  Helen also admitted to me that she too has a mountain of snippets to clear .. .. .. so there are quite a few of us about!!  LOL!!!  At least we are doing something about it!! 

Andria joined in the fun next with a beautiful Christmas card.  I love the way this has been personalised and the colours and distressing look so effective.  Lots of snippets used up on this one!!  Well done Andria .. great inspiration.

The next snippet share is from Sandra and she has created a gorgeous and "tasty" card with her snippets.  Loving the little cupcake images on this one and the dimension added with the scrummy toppings.  Great idea Sandra!!

My next playmate was Irene who actually joined in twice this week.  The first make was a special one for her hubby who has a special birthday on the way this week (I hope he hasn't looked at your blog Irene and spoilt his surprise).   Irene's second project makes use of a fantastic cutting and embossing folder .. .. something else added to my "one day" list!!!   Loving the finished look of this and the little pearls are the perfect finishing touch.  Two fabulous shares Irene .. .. thank you!

My next playmate was Lynne who is issuing a health warning before you look at her lovely creation.  She is suggesting that sunglasses may be required!!  LOL!!!  It is a great share and a good way to use up even the smallest of snippets!!!

Carol came along to the playground next (and we were very kind and didn't give her the birthday bumps .. .. hope you had a good day Carol).   Carol made a lovely Christmas card and I loved the ribbon and little tag on this make very much.

Along with another lovely Christmas card was Beryl.   Quite a little Christmas theme happening this week!!!  Beryl used the most gorgeous papers and shows how with a clever layout you can disguise your snippet joins.  A lovely touch of sparkle to this one too!!

A hyperactive Sally came along to play this week too .. .. with three lovely snippet makes.  The first one you will find here.  The second here.  The the third and final (and my favourite of the three) here.  All of Sally's creations were beautiful but there was something extra special about the last card and matching tag that I love!!  Thank you for all this lovely inspiration Sally xx.

Di joined the playground next with a lovely card that uses the most gorgeous shades of orange and great embossing.  This uses one of my favourite Sizzix dies .. .. Tattered Florals.  The post was entitled "A Little Bit of Sunshine on a Cloudy Day" .. .. and it certainly was a bit of sunshine.  Thanks Di!!

There was a lovely make next from Brenda.  If featured lots of Penny Black stamps (and as anyone who knows my blog will know .. .. I love my Penny Blacks!!).  I loved how Brenda made her background and the gorgeous colours she used.  Beautiful work Brenda and very inspirational!!

Amanda was out to play next and shared some wonderful snippets on her lovely creation.  I particularly loved the brick wall paper!!!  Great image too and the perfect card for the youngsters .. .. and there was even a heart  making an appearance too LOL!!

My next playmate was Sylvia-Anne who shared the most gorgeous make .. .. not only a wonderful card but a wonderful photograph too!!  I think I need some photography lessons from you please Sylvia!!  Love the dimension and the colours on this very much!! 

Tammy used up some of her snippets beautifully on her make.  I love Tammy's colour choices and the cute flowers and buttons.  There is a wonderful little background tutorial with this post too .. .. thank you for that Tammy!!

Rosie was next into the playground and brought with her the most gorgeous new baby card.  It was beautifully paper pieced and personalised.  It will make a wonderful keepsake for the proud new parents that's for sure.

Then last but not least there was another Christmas card added to the mix.  This was provided by Katina who has used up her snippets in a great way .. .. by teabag folding!!  This is something I haven't tried myself .. but perhaps I should.   A great finished look Katina!!  Thank you throwing another technique into the mix xx

So there we go. 

Lots of lovely inspiration .. .. thank you ladies for keeping me company and for providing lots of lovely ideas for everyone.  It is so nice to have playmates.

Have a great evening everyone and I am hoping to have a good catch up later.

Love



39 comments:

Jacee said...

Lovely snippets today Jules, I love the Xmas one, the last one is very classy and a super colour on the first, smashing cards.
Glad you enjoyed your night out, sounds great and what a super end for hubby with his team winning.
Hugs Jacee

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules,
So glad you had such an enjoyable day yesterday and your hubby's team won too!! I said they might surprise you, lol!! As usual your snippet makes are incredible!!! I cannot choose a favourite this week. If your register gets any longer you will need a PA! xx

Doreen said...

What a bsolutely gorgeous snippets this week Jules,if I had to pick a favorite it would be No 3.Have a lovely evening sounds like you need a rest.xxx

Mrs.B said...

Just having a catch-up. Love this weeks snippets, especially the gorgeous papers on the Christmas card.
Avril x

Vicky said...

Wow Jules they are so gorgeous hun...but I think my fave is the last one...so very elegant hun..

have a lovely evening..hugs Vicky xx

Debbie said...

Hey Mrs you've done it again.Your snippet makes are amazing.My favourite is the Noel card but I love them all.Each card is so different.Glad you had such a lovely time with your friend.Love Debbie x

Amanda said...

Hi Jules, lovely snippet creations this week, especially love the wedding one. I have made one myself today and if I can get my camera to charge I will post it tomorrow.

angelwhispers said...

My word Jules these are all fabulous especially loving the last one how elegant is this beauty and made from Snippets!!! Chanelle xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful makes Jules and all so different, although I have to admit I'm still drawn to the Christmas card as per usual! Well done on being the Guest DT for PBSC, I know you'll do them proud and I know how much you love your PB's!! Had a bit of trouble with My Linky, can't see my submission so did it again, apologies if I end up with two links, and just in case I end up with none here's my card, lol!

Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

Oh my I love your Christmas card Jules, the colours are gorgeous, glad to hear you enjoyed your day yesterday and no washing up is always a bonus :)
Jenny x

Sally said...

Hi Jules, lovely snippet makes. My fave is the first one in burgundy & grey & I really like the elegance of the third one & I love the snowflakes on the christmas one. Oh, go on then I think they are all beautiful!!!!
Sally x

Little K Smith said...

Oooh what wonderful snippet creations Jules! I especially love the elegant wedding card :)
Kelly.x

Beryl K said...

I thought your first card would be my favourite one, then came the second and finally your third, not I can't decide which one I love best, good job I don't have to choose lol. Hope to join in the fun later in the week
Beryl x

Stella said...

HI Jules,

Sorry for not being around this last week. I am glad to be here again. And my oh my you never cease to amaze me with you stunning snippets :)
They all turned out gorgeous but my favorite is your Christmas card. Non traditional in neutrals and I love love love it!
Love and hugs,
Stella
XX

Delphine said...

Oh WOW, WOW, WOW Jules! I love your snippet makes! If I had to say one thing about each, I would say your flower is fantastic, I love love the colours of your second card and the bow is so beautiful on your third one! And they are all so elegant... I love them all! Hugs Delphine xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

When I saw the first card - I thought it would be my favourite. Fab colours. But then I saw the second one and loved its simplicity and style. And THEN I saw the third one which is gloriously elegant so all three are my favourites! Hugs, Lesley

Di said...

Humph - so where's the heart on your first card chick?! Love 'em all, as always!! If the thumbscrews were on and I absolutely HAD to pick one to save my bacon - the last one is just sooooooo elegant, Bit like wot I am really :)) Hugs, Di xx

Debs M said...

fabulous makes, no chance to look at anyone else's as have relatives staying but will try and get chance x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jules what a quality selection of cards you have made all so beautiful, the design and colours look super, especially loving that first one.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jennifer said...

Ooh these are fabulous Jules (as always!!) I must join in soon...have soooo many scraps xx Jenny xx

Anonymous said...

woohoo awesome makes!

love the chrsitmas card and the wedding card. also love the read flower with the netting card, so unique!

coops said...

fantastic snippets jules.love the gorgeous felt flower on your 1st card, stunning design on your chistmas card and wow to your 3rd card, love this one, gorgeous elegant image and design :D

xx coops xx

Sarn said...

WOW JULES . . . these are absolutely flipping FANTASTIC. I'm in love with all three, although, I'm plumping for the Christmas one - it's so different and luscious!

Hugs, Sandra

Helen said...

These are fab Jules - love the mixture of papers on the first card!
Helen x

Lynne said...

Stunning makes this week Jules, as always. Love all the neutrals and the first one with the burgundy really pops for me.
Lynne xxx

Sally H said...

The are beautiful, Jules! I love them all

Donna Mosley said...

Three wonderful snippets Jules. My fave is the last one, very elegant image and I love the heart embellie. Glad you had a great time with your friends, it's so good to catch up is'nt it but the only thing is it makes you miss them more.

Donna x

Bernie said...

Wow your cards are all so lovely and so are those of your playmates. So much inspiration! Happy to hear you enjoyed your time with your friend and Congrats to your hubby and his team.
Blessings Bernie

Irene said...

Fabulous cards Jules, I love the diversity of them, and the colours are gorgeous. My favourite is your wedding card.

luv
irene
xxxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab creations hunnie as always!
Congrats on your GDT wtg you !!
Hugs shell xx

I have a snippet card but its not getting posted on my blog until Thursday so I will be back xx

mckinkle said...

Hi,

Youve made Sunday evenings so much more enjoyable with your snippets! I always used the dread Sunday evenings when I used to work!

I think my favourite this week is the lovely wedding card probably because Ive also got this stamp but havent managed a decent image from it but you have inspired me to think again about it!

Keryn x

Andria said...

HI,
More stunning creations, you'd never know they were made from snippets, but totally gorgeous, love them all but the Wedding card is my fave. Love the heart :).

Beryl K said...

Sorry I'm a bit late again. Your cards are gorgeous Jules,
Beryl x

Elizabeth said...

Stunning cards again, Jules, and I really enjoyed reading your post and nipping over to see what everyone else had been doing last week. Finally managed to get back to my snippet mountain and make some inroads into it but it's a bit like trying to lose weight - one pound lost, two gained :) Elizabeth x

Hazel said...

Your creations are gorgeous. I came across your blog through a link from a crafting friend. Are your challenges set to use up scraps? Is there a theme or just any card that uses up scraps? I'd love to enter a card, but am not sure whether I've interpreted it correctly. Would love to know please? x

Hazel said...

Thanks for your comment - I've now linked up my card and hope to come back to your new challenge next time. x

Di said...

Phew - I made it! Couldn't let a week go by without joining in the fun! Love, Di xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, I'm on a roll this week it seems - I've just posted another snippet card and black and white seems to predominate. Love your boxed wedding card - it's gorgeous and the new house card is super too. Elizabeth x

Mary said...

My first visit....glad I found you...thanks Di for pointing me this way. I'll be back....I'm loving all of them, however, I'm a snowman, snowflake, snow scene...just plain snow person, so I gotta give thumbs up to the snowflake card.