My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 14 August 2011

JULES' CRAFTY SNIPPET CHALLENGE - WEEK 32

Hi Everyone

Another week has flown by and here I am again with my next batch of snippet makes.

Gosh I am getting a lot of playmates .. .. we must surely be making a dent in our snippet mountains by now!!!

Here are my makes for this week.  Only three I'm afraid because as per usual I am trying to cram far to much into my day .. .. added to which Hubby found a venetian blind in the roofspace that we used to have in the small bedroom .. .. more about that tomorrow or you won't get any other blog visits in .. .. LOL!!!





Edited to say .. .. I have had a few comments and emails about the Christmas tree asking whether it is a stamp or a digi image. 

It is actually part of a Woodware Clear Stamp Set "JGCL502" Christmas Ribbon Tree. 








I think my favourite is the Christmas Card this week.

So now it is time for the register of playmates for this week:

First past the gates and into the playground this week was Brenda sharing a gorgeous "all white" creation.  Loving what Brenda did with her snippets .. .. such beautiful little flowers .. .. and a great way to emboss.  Thanks for the inspiration Brenda.

Next was a regular snippet user .. ..  Sandra .. .. who created a gorgeous card and decoupaged her image into the bargain.  Love the finished look.  Sandra is trying to use up an orange mountain of snippets at the moment .. .. and is making a great job of it too!!

Helen joined in next with a lovely patriotic card she made and it was embellished with the most gorgeous flower.  I think flowers are a great way to lessen the snippet pile!!  Great make Helen .. thanks for playing along again.

My next playmate was another lady on a mission to reduce her snippets .. .. Lynne .. .. and she found a way of using up lots of snippets .. .. .. make lots of cards!!!  LOL!!!  Three beautiful makes from Lynne .. .. each one lovely in its own right.  Thank you for lots of inspiration Lynne xx

Irene played twice this week .. .. the first snippet make is here and the second one here.  Such beautiful cards Irene .. .. and fantastic photographs too .. .. so clear and bright!!  I love the embossing on them both and your colours.  Off course teddy steals the show .. .. because teddies are like that!! LOL!!!

Then another double player in the form of Sally.  Sally's first make is here and her second is here.. .. .. and if ever anyone thinks a snippet is too small to keep then just look what a lovely cards Sally has made with such small snippets.  Sally was following a colour challenge .. .. but they could both be done equally beautifully with lots of different colours!!

Bernie called by the playground next and shared not only a beautiful card but also a great tip for making your own stamp positioner too.  Great use of snippets on this lovely make and a fabby flower too .. .. I might have to look into how you make those .. .. they look gorgeous!!  Thanks for the tips and inspiration Bernie xx

Debs was next in the playground with a super card.  I love the stamp Debs used very much and the colour combo really works.  Great way to add a sentiment and all matted and layered perfectly.  Great job Debs!!!

Andria joined in the fun armed with two snippet makes as well this week.  The first can be found here and the second here.  The first one really made me smile and the second one is actually an ATC.  Brilliant for using up those snippets!!  Loving the text print on the image very much.  I must admit ATCs are not something I have ever gotten into .. . although I have been tempted, I think they would be far too addictive for me. 

Lisa was the next in line to share a gorgeous card in shades of black, grey and white.  This would be a great card for lots of occasions .. .. love the swirls and the bird!!  Such a neat finished look!!

My blog buddy Shell came along to play too this week.  Shell has what is probably the longest list of DT positions I have come across .. .. how on earth she keeps track of what is happing with them all amazes me.  She must be uber organised!!!  Anyway .. .. Shell had this lovely creation to share with us.  It is just perfect for any Harry Potter fans .. .. and uses the most gorgeous snippets!!

Tammy was the next to arrive in the snippet playground ... and what a lovely make she brought along to share.  A lovely array of snippets and a great way to use them.  Plus a selection of gorgeous buttons!!  A beautiful make.

My next playmate was Beryl who is continuing to use up her snippets and finding great ways of using her mirri card .. .. and I can never see the joins!!  A gorgeous personalised card Beryl .. .. I bet Megan loved it!!

Elizabeth shared three beautiful cards this week all that reminded me to emboss more!!!  I love the finished look Elizabeth has achieved .. .. especially with the embossed vellum.  It just goes to show a card doesn't have to be over complicted to be gorgeous.  You will find two of Elizabeth's cards here and the last one here (this one is gorgeous -  I love the finished look!!!).

Then a real reduction of snippets must have took place in Mandy's craft space because she shared three lovely makes this week.  One here, another here and the third one here.  I have a sneeky feeling that blogland is going to be flooded with takes on Mandy's first card.  It is brilliant!!  Love it Mandy!!
 
Another new face in the snippet playground this week was Hazel who also shared two fabby makes.  The first one you will find here and the second one here.  Both are following sketches and have used up a lovely snippet mountain all on their own.  Mmmmm... I might need to look at sketches a bit more closley .. . they could be a great way of using up a bit more of my mountain.  Having said that though mine "is" reducing!!!  Woo hoo!!!

Di came rushing into the playground, clutching her snippet make, thinking she was late .. .. but she wasn't .. .. the bell hadn't rang for the end of playtime.  There were still a few hours left LOL!!  Di shared a lovely card with gorgeous papers that looked like they were just meant to be together.  Cute little sentiment too.

Then last but not least was another "new recruit" .. .. Mary .. .. who rushed over all the way from California to come and join the fun in the snippet playground and with her she brought two lovely snippet makes which you can find here.  Both are so beautiful and summery .. .. but beware .. .. there is a gorgeous MS punch in use!!!  You might find you "need" it!!!!  LOL!!!

So that is the register called and hopefully everyone accounted for.

Thank you so much to everyone who has shared their snippet makes this week and kept me company.  So much lovely inspiration!!!  What a talented lot of playmates I have.

Enjoy what remains of Sunday and have a good week everyone.  I need to go on dinner duty now but will be back for a long overdue blog hopping session tonight .. .. wonder what you have all been up to?!?!?!?

Love



41 comments:

Vicky said...

They are all so gorgeous Jules and yep I think the xmas tree card is my fave too...

Ooh the blind??..have to pop back tomorrow..lol..

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Amanda said...

Lovely makes this week Jules, especially love the christmas one, is it a stamp or digi?

Doreen said...

Your snippets Jules are gorgeous.xxx

Anonymous said...

You're a bit slow off the mark today young lady, I've been waiting for this post for over two hours, lol!! Another set of stunning makes, love the Christmas card with the little paper pieced tree, fab; but the purple/blue fairy houses has also caught my eye this week, beautiful ink blending. Intrigued to see how the story of the blind is going to unfold!

Hugs
Brenda

Sandy said...

Wow Jules you have quite the following of 'snippets'! Gonna have to challenge myself and see what I come up with:) Thanks for visiting my blog, didn't realize how much fun it would be to read the comments!

Sally said...

Hi Jules, great snippet makes but my fave is the third one. I love that image & the blues, I'm a sucker for shades of one colour. You had me going with the first card looking for the heart & it wasn't until I magnified the image that I found lots of them, clever you!
Sally x

angelwhispers said...

Three beautiful cards Jules just perfect and loving the colours!! I have the woodware tree but never inked it up think its coming out at last! Thanks for sharing Chanelle xxxx

Linda . J said...

Love your cards Jules, the images great and love the designs.
Hugs Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set cof cards Jules, love the Chritstmas one. Sue x

Pauline said...

Hi Jules, what lovely cards from your snippets. I recognized all the stamps as they're in my collection too. All of them are gorgeous, but I think my fav is the Lavinia one. Hugs, Pauline x

Liz McGuire, said...

All three are brill' but that Christmas tree is super cool,

Liz x

Sally H said...

All fabulous, Jules! That Christmas stamp is wonderful!

Jenny said...

Love your Christmas cards Jules, that ribbon tree is gorgeous when paper pieced! Love the little mushrooms at dusk too, such a magical card :)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

More gorgeous snippet makes Jules; love the Christmas tree one. Having big laptop problems today and have only just managed to get online. Can't open Word at all - panic, panic!! xx

coops said...

fantastic cards jules.love the ribbon tree and pink hearts and the magical image on your last heart is stunning :D
took me a while to find the heart on your 1st card :D

xx coops xx

Donna Mosley said...

Three very lovely snippet cards Jules. LOVE the xmas tree. Looking forward to hearing the story about the blind. :o)

Donna x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous snippet makes as always Jules! Especially love that Christmas tree!
Helen x

Debs M said...

i just can't pick a fave...they are all gorgeous!!!....

Mrs.B said...

Great snippets again, and yes, that Christmas card is my favourite, such lovely papers and a great tree to paper piece - and use up lots of papers.
Love your 'tips' in the earlier post!
Avril x

Carole Campanile said...

Oh Jules... I love each of them. They are all my favorite this week. What a fabulous batch of eye candy and inspiration you have posted today.

xx
Carole

Anonymous said...

totally awesome makes Jules, I LOVE all your stamps, especially that tree, and great creation with your snippets girl, you rock at this!!!

Bernie said...

Wow Jules your cards are amazing as are all the playmates cards. Each so different, each so lovely and each so inspiring. Thanks for doing this!
Blessings Bernie

~Tammy~ said...

You totally amaze me Jules with your wonderful creations from your snippets! My jaw was hurting because it kept dropping! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

Irene said...

Hello Jules

Three fabulous and different snippets this week.
I love all of your cards but these have to be my favourites. You are so talented and amazing.
Thank you so much for your snippets challange.

luv
irene
xxxx

Lynne said...

Totally awesome cards Jules. They are all gorgeous I don`t think I can pick a favourite. Thanks for the inspiration.
Lynne xxx

Di said...

They're all gorgeous Jules! My fave (do I have to pick?!) is the tree. Yippee, I also have a snippets card linked already so soon :)) Love, Di xx

Whisper said...

Great cards and it's amazing what you can do with snippets, Luv Sam x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful cards this week Jules, I am so glad I found this challenge. I even dug out some old Encaustic Art this week, got loads of pieces and don't know what to do with them. So you might see some more soon
Beryl x

Wishcraft said...

All gorgeous cards Jules, I can never pick a favourite - they're all fab :o) Lisa x

Stella said...

Hi Jules,

I am a huge fan of all your cards; and these ones made of snippets are amazing. I love love love that Christmas tree!
Love and hugs,
Stella
XX

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jules what a super selection of cards the colours, design and images are wonderful to see, especially that third one.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sally said...

Hi Jules, thanx for the inspiration.
Sally x

Bernie said...

Hi Jules Last week I mistakenly linked to my blog instead of the card I'd made for week 31 challenge Hopefully I’ve done it right this time.
Blessings Bernie

Carol said...

Rummaged through the printed off and not used box this week - lots in there too! Love your cards. Carol x

Vicky Hayes said...

Gorgeous cards as always Jules - loving that homespun Christmas tree! Vx

MagsB said...

Fabulous cards! Especially the Christmas tree it's just so cute!

luv, Mags x

Kate said...

Elizabeth, Silver Scrapper, has given me your blog details as she noticed a card of snippets on my blog here. I've made a note of your details and will definitely be joining in next time the scraps come out for a play.

** Kate **

Made by Mandy said...

Oooh, love that Christmas tree stamp but my fave snippet make this week is the Anniversary one :)

Great to see you have so many people playing along, we are all obviously on a mission to use the snippets.

Love Mandy xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous cards Jules (as always). The Xmas tree is so pretty and the paper-piecing is superb. I think sales of that stamp set will soar now!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oooooh but these are all lovely. My fave is your paperpieced ribbon tree though. It's so pretty! Big hugs, Lesley

Annie said...

Hi Jules my first time joining in. Hope a scrapbook page counts. Love your blog - found through Irene.
Ann xxx