My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 28 December 2011

BACK TO BUSINESS

Hi Everyone

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Mine was lovely with my family all around me .. .. what more could you ask for? 

But sadly all good things have to come to an end and one by one everyone has now disappeared so the nest is back to two occupants now .. .. .. and the dining room table has quickly become covered with wedding stationery makes.  

I allowed myself a few days off (and even managed to watch two films without falling asleep) but now it is time to pull my finger out and get back to it.

So here is my share of the day:





This used:

Backing Papers:  Funky Hand "Happy, Happy Birthday"
Sentiment:  Great Impressions "E411"
Sizzix Dies:  "656079" Flower Layers #5  and  "655217" Decorative Accent, Swirl
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:  Swiss Dots
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
My Trust Sewing Machine
Ribbons from the Stash Box

and whilst talking of Funky Hand .. .. just to let you know there is a massive sale on over there until the 29th December with

a massive 50% off all Funky Hand products

and 10% off all non Funky hand products



oh dear .. far too many good sales going on at the moment!!

But if you are looking for something that costs nothing then don't forget the Handy Hippo Promarker giveaway here.

Right .. .. time to get back to the wedding work .. .. but I didn't want you all to think I had fallen off the face of the earth.

I have a lovely blogland catch up planned for tonight .. .. I feel like I will have missed so much .. .. but deep down I am hoping everyone has just taken the chance to have as relaxing a time of things as I have.  It feels so good to have charged up those old batteries!!

Catch you later.

Love

29 comments:

Sandy said...

Pink and Black looks stunning - love the flourish and the stitching. Fab card,
Sandy

Debs M said...

lovely card, great papers and the effect of 3 ribbons together looks great x

Viv said...

Just popped on for a wee blog catch up Jules and saw this beauty! Gorgeous card. x

Cynthia said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I love this card--the colors are just gorgeous!!

Sarn said...

Fabulous pink creation.
xxx

Andria said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, glad you have had a lovely Christmas and a nice break.

Di said...

Just fabulous Jules! I adore the colours, the paper, ribbon - oh, what I mean to say is simply everything about it! Great to see you back - I missed your gorgeous creations. Am working on a snippets card - awful quiet in the playground innit!!? Love, Di xx

Sally said...

Hi Jules, welcome back. lol. Hey, we all deserve some time with our families & I'm glad you enjoyed spending the Christmas with yours. On to your make, I love the pink & black combo here, one of my all time faves. Nice papers as well.
Sally x

Sarah said...

This is super cute! Is there anything specific it is used for? I'm thinking about turning my old cork board into looking something like this for my boys room.

Doreen said...

I am so glad you had a fabulous Christmas Jules and are now rested and raring to go. Your card is gorgeous as always,love the flower.xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Jules, beautiful colours! Glad you had a great crimbo!
Helen x

Irene said...

A brilliant card Jules, I love your colour combo
and embossing.

luv
irene
xxxx

Misty's said...

Hi Jules
Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas. I can not believe how quickly it went. My hubby had 2 weeks off work and by the time he started relaxing a bit he had to go back working. Loving your card! I have to try some stitching on cards myself it gives it really great touch.
Michaela xx

Juls said...

so gorgeous and stylish!! Love the colours you have used! Hugs Juls

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is so lovely Jules, I love the design and the fabulous papers!
Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas too :)
Kelly.x

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love the stitching on this. It certainly goes too fast doesnt it! Went back to work today boo!!!!!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Jules... and I'm so pleased you had a lovely Xmas hun...but it goes soooo quick...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card, Jules. I like the strong shades of pink and the combination of ribbons is gorgeous. I really must track down some nail heads sometime - I promise myself that after every time I see you've used them :))Good to hear you relaxed a bit and took time off for a wee while over the holiday ... it does you good. Elizabeth x

Tracey T said...

What lovely colours in your card, Jules. So pleased to hear that you have had a lovely time with the family. Enjoy your blog hopping! xx

Marie-Louise said...

This is a really pretty card.

pinky said...

Isn't it hard to get back into gear lol. I have come down with a rotten chest infection and fall asleep at the drop of a hat but I have orders to get out as usual so am hyped up on coffee lol. Hope you had a lovely Christmas break Jules. I love your gorgeous card, those papers are brill so I am off to check out that sale;0

Carol said...

Love this Jules, gorgeous colours. Carol x

Anonymous said...

oooh love this rosy pink with the black, great colours!!! Love the papers!

Hope you got spoilt over Christmas xoxo

coops said...

fabulous card jules.fab flower and design and i love the pink and black colour combo :D

xx coops xx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Jules, love the colours. I'm still recharging till the new year just have the occasional blog hop on my new laptop for practice lol
Clairexx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jules this card has impact those colours make this one 'pop', that flower and design look super, I love it.
hugs
Lorraine x

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Jules, I love this gorgeous card. The colours are so yummy and the embossed flower is beautiful.

Donna x

Anonymous said...

Ooh, now how did I miss this little beauty?! Gorgeous!
xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Perfect stitching! And I just loved your beautiful tree and mantel garland, Jules! Hugs, Lesley