My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 9 February 2016

TEENY, TINY TUESDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy teeny, tiny Tuesday everyone!

Sorry it has been so long since I last posted.  Life has been super busy since the wedding fayre .. .. but all good and exciting. 

I had a bit of a creative thought as I was nodding off last night (sad I know) and decided I would try it out to see how it looks.  Well I was happy with the results and decided it would work well on one of my teeny tiny 3.5" square creations. So here we go:



This used:

Image:  Kaisercraft Botanica Clear Stamps
Sentiment: Stampin' Up! Banner Banter stamp set and punch
Backing Paper:  Not sure.. .. just a leftover that has been lurking around for far too long!!
Embossing Powder:  Silver, Platinum, Gold and Copper
Ribbon and Button from my crafty stash box
We R Memory Keepers Evelope Punch Board for the matching envelope

Quite pleased that a little "try out" ended up as being something I can actually post on my blog .. .. .. and because I have used up just a few tiny snippets of card and ribbon I will take a quick dash and share it with the playmates over in Pixies Snippets Playground

The technique simply involved stamping the image in VersaMark Ink .. adding a stripe of silver embossing powder, tipping the excess powder off, adding a stripe platinum and repeating the tipping off and adding another colour until I had added four.  Then I heat embossed it.  I think the bottom picture shows it off best.

Definitely one to try again when I have a little more time to play properly.

But for now it is back to the ever growing "crafty must do" list!!

Enjoy your day .. .. and your pancakes if you are  indulging.

Love

16 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card.

Katrins kreative ART said...

Great! Your card is fantastic, Jules!
Best wishes from Germany
Katrin

Kath said...

A fabulous card - I love the different colour embossing powders.
Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Just beautiful Jules, love it, Kate x

sally said...

Nice to see you are back on line....and with a beautiful creation too!

Sally

Brawny x said...

Wow beautiful. Love this idea...stored away for another time x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Nice to have you back.... Fabulous card... Love all the colours from the embossing folders...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Carole said...

Great 'play' creation Jules...love the four coloured embossing. makes a very pretty card. Off to do the pancake batter now!

Sarah said...

It's always great to see what you've been up to Jules and this experiment is really effective...something even I could try!! Love the colours you chose xx

cotnob said...

It's lovely to see you Jules, your card is beautiful - a fabulous technique, I might have to give it a try.
Take care.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Looks great.

Kath x

Di said...

Really clever Jules - and so good to see you in the Playground! I love the way you used the different embossing powders :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Lovely and glitzy xxx

Lynn said...

Hello Jules, I love to see your teeny tiny cards. Wonderful embossing and design. It is good to hear from you again. Lynn

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Jules, i do love the card it's just beautiful!!

Lynsey said...

Hi Jules, this is such a sweet card!
Hugs Lynsey x