My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 25 July 2017

TEENY TINY TUESDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy Tuesday!

I hope you have all had a good day.

Ours started very dull and overcast and then by mid afternoon turned into the most beautiful sunny day .. .. .. until all the flying ants decided to make an appearance!!  If they were white it would have looked like we were having a snow flurry!  I have never seen so many.

Anyway, enough of those .. .. everytime I think of them I start itching LOL!!

I was having a good sort out and putting away leftovers from some finished weddings this morning .. .. and decided that I would use a selection of them to make a teeny tiny card (3.5 inches square for anyone who is new to my blog).

There colours were not all part of the same wedding .. .. but I felt they worked well together .. .. and it also gave me chance to have another play with my Polychromos Pencils.  There aren't many colours in my collection at the moment but I think these colours worked well:




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "3868J" Portraits
Sentiment:  X-Cut Mini Die "With Love"
Polychromos Pencils
My Trusty Sewing Machine
White Gel Pen
Glamour Dust
Ribbon
We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board

I am entering my card into the Penny Black Saturday Challenge where the theme this month is Flowers and also Pixie's Snippets Playground where the lovely Di encourages us to use up our offcuts .. .. well the little silver pieces in my sentiment show you just how small a snippet can be LOL!!!

Catch again soon .. .. I hope!

24 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Jules and love your colouring on kraft card

Anne

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful tiny card Jules, I love the colours too. We had the flying ants last week, I had to go round closing the doors.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Jules and love your colouring on kraft card

Anne

Brawny x said...

Wow Jules just gorgeous. Love the colours and design. Just fab x

dutchess said...

They do work well together...the colours are glorious and I love your design and I really like smaller cards at the moment too....great cards xxxx

Kath said...

A beautiful card Jules and lovely coloured flowers - polychromos pencils are still on my wish list!

We had a glorious day yesterday until about 4.30 when the heavens opened - still pouring with rain now but at least the gardens look lovely and fresh!

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jules, beautifully designed and coloured with your pencils, I'm always amazed at how much you pack on to such a tiny card, love it Kate x

Aquarius said...

A lovely little card - great colouring with the Polychromos - love them, particularly on kraft card as well as the more conventional white or cream.

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Jules, beautifully coloured flowers - I must have another go at colouring on Kraft.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Di said...

Just gorgeous Jules! The colours work wonderfully together and it's a fabulous card! I do love the sweet little sentiment die you used - gosh, you must have a lot of patience!

Hugs

Di xx

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card Jules, love the colours of the flowers and gorgeous design
Lorraine x

Enny said...

What a beautiful card, and made with leftovers, absolutely stunning ! Beautiful colours, and lovely details ! Oh, we had flying ants too, but not so many, it's so nasty ! I do hope that you can enjoy the rest of the week without creepycrawlies ! Hugs, Enny

Sarah said...

I skipped straight to the bottom when I read "flying ants" euuuuuuw!! Such a pretty card and those pencils are a glorious shade xx

Kathleen said...

Love the flowers on the kraft card, great colours, great inlaid sentiment and love how you have used the ribbon. I wouldn't know where to start with pencils, haven't even mastered Copics and ProMarkers yet.

You posted this after I had finished my commenting last night, you usually managed to get in just before I have finished.
Fingers crossed I am fine thank you but ready for another holiday, if only I could find one that ticks all the boxes.

Glad your Weddings are still going strong.

Kath x

Carol S. said...

Fabulous card and love the colours. Brilliant design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Barb said...

What a really beautiful little card this is. The pencils work so well on the kraft card. I love the colours you've used. Barbxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

In the case of your card , small is beautiful , in the case of the ants maybe not , my hubby likes them and tells me to let them be .
jane x

Carole said...

Hi Jules...back from hols and having a quick few minutes on the blogs! Your inspiration is wonderful as always and Congrats on becoming a Fiskars ambassador too! Hope you are all well. Hugs xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a perfectly pretty card.
Love your colouring on kraft.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I'm glad that it's not just me who could see those skulls!!! ;-)
xxx

Sarn said...

Aw - who doesn't love a teeny tiny card! I know I do!

This is awesome - great colouring.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Claire said...

Sweet little card, love the choice of colours against the kraft card x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Fabulous card... love the colours you have used...
Thanks for joining us at PBSC...
hugs Sylvie DT xx

Brenda said...

This is the cutest teeny tiny Jules! I love the colors you have used. I've heard so much about the Polychromos pencils and one day maybe I will be able to get some to try. Your coloring is just beautiful Jules! Hugs, Brenda

Jenny L said...

Hi Jules,
oh my word what a very gorgeous snippets creation.
The colurs are so vibrant and gorgeous.
Love this excellent design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.