My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 18 September 2017

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Hi Everyone

Happy Monday.

This has been the last Monday I will be home alone .. .. .. Mr Heart has annual leave to take next week ahead of a new holiday year starting at the beginning of October .. .. which means from now on Monday's will be a whole new ball game .. .. both for him and for me!  I am definitely going to need a new work regime that's for sure!

We are both really looking forward to having more time together though .. .. the best times are always when we are side by side.

There have been lots of suggestions from my lovely blog pals as to what he can start doing with his extra day . .. . and I have passed them all on .. .. but so far the only response has been for him to laugh at each and every one!  He hasn't once said "that's a good idea"  or "I will have to think about that one"  LOL!

There are lots of things I am hoping he "might" do .. .. but I won't be holding my breath. It is fair to say (and he would be the first to admit it) that he doesn't have the practical DIY skills my fabby Dad used to have.  But I suppose he has other skills instead.

So I have made him a special card to mark this special day in his life .. .. and as the sentiment says .. .. the future comes one day at a time.  That is because he is going to keep reducing his working week a day at a time until he eventually retires and then every day will be ours!  Yay!!

So here we go:




This used:

Background Image:  Imagination Crafts (no name on the packet)
Butterflies:  Hobby Art Stamps "CS077D" Butterflies
Sentiment:  Paper Artsy "HP1004EZ"
Distress Inks:  Tumbled Glass and Spiced Marmalade
WOW!!  Metallic Brass Embossing Powder
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Glamour Dust
My Trusty Sewing Machine

Mr Heart loves butterflies so I am sure he will appreciate his card.  I don't know about you but we have had hardly any in our garden this year .. .. and those we have seen didn't actually have glitter on them .. .. but mine have LOL!!

So now Mr Heart has opened his card I can post it here.

Super busy on the wedding front at the moment with two new happy couples joining my working list, lots of samples to make, a big wedding fayre looming,along with my Niece's wedding mid October. Busy, busy fingers!!

Enjoy what remains of your evening.



21 comments:

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card and the butterflies are stunning. When my other half retired a couple of tears ago, I warned him that he was now entering my world. It's not been to bad, except he doesn't understand why I want to meet up with a girl friend for a coffee and leave him at home!! He has no hobbies or interests which doesn't help. I have survived 2 years and he is still alive!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jules, pretty butterflies and super sentiment.
I think it is wonderful that you are looking forward to having Mr Heart at home on Mondays - I'm really looking forward to my husband retiring, still a few years to go unfortunately.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

Totally gorgeous card Jules, I will even excuse the butterflies, love the gold embossing and the sentiment.
Well one day a week is pretty good but when it comes to everyday, it can be a shock. Not even got one foot out of bed and he would say "what are we doing today then", thank goodness he has got out of that habit now!

Then if I was to say at some point I am going to the supermarket, he would say, "I'll come with you" I have grown to hate those four little words, because he always looks bored to tear and makes me forget half of what I have gone for.

Just cheering you up.

Kath x

Unknown said...

Stunning card Jules, the butterflies are really beautiful and I love the sentiment. I bet Mr Heart loved his card :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Carole said...

This is beautiful Jules, your ink blending looks fabulous...so even, and those butterflies are so very pretty. Super classy as always...like the lady herself and of course her other half. I hope you can adapt well to having hubby around more. I have had hubby on holiday last week. and we do things together so the craft room was no go...but he did take me to London to Harry Potter studios and Ally Pally!!...and today it has been very quiet here. Have good week. Hugs xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jules gorgeous colours and design. I'm sure you will both settle into a comfortable routine together. I hope Mr. Heart enjoys his semi retirement, Kate x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Jules. The butterflies are beautiful and I love the flourish. Great sentiment too. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Jules this is a really stunning card, love the gold embossing.xx [aNNie]

Aquarius said...

Beautiful butterfly card with an apt sentiment. I think the gradual move into retirement should work very well rather than a sudden move from full time work to not working. This slower approach has to be good for both the retiree and also the person at home. Enjoy!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jules loved reading your blog summary and I had fun finding the heart on your card. Good luck to your man in finding something her enjoys to do!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card,Jules.Love everything about it.

Gr,Sylvia.

Sarah said...

A perfect card to mark this occasion and I bet Mr Heart loved it. I wish you many happy Mondays and I don't mean the band!!xx

Lorraine said...

A stunning card Jules I love the very pretty butterflies and the beautiful sentiment. I hope Mr H enjoys his Mondays.
Lorraine x

Jean said...

A really beautiful card, I love the super gold flourish and the pretty sparkling butterflies.
I think gradual retirement, one day at a time is a great idea and hope you both enjoy it.
Jean x

Quirky Shepherd said...

Gorgeous card Jules I love the clean look x

AlisonC said...

Oh this is stunning. The inking the stitching and the gorgeous floaty butterflies. Are they stamped on vellum? I've seen lots of butteflies this year, I'm happy to report. It seems more than last year but that's only based on my memory! I'm sure you'll both find plenty to do. Enjoy x

Enny said...

Dear Jules, I'm back from my holiday in the Normandy, and just had a look at your creations from the last weeks, wow, they're absolutely gorgeous ! I might have a good idea for you both, now your husband is home on Mondays : you could both go away for a long weekend ! That is, of course, if YOU have the time ! :) Love, Enny

MagsB said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Jules. And what a lovely sentiment, too!

love Mags B x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card. Good luck to him.

Brawny x said...

Aw Jules what a lovely thought for Mr Heart. I'm sure he will appreciate the thought and the extra time together. I'm currently writing this in the sun. We are finally getting some down time. Anyway m'dear a fabulous card as usual x

Barb said...

When he does retire I'm sure he'll wonder how he ever found time to work. Your card is absolutely stunning and what a super sentiment. Barbxx