My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 5 November 2021

A NEW SKETCH

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all well and your day and week has gone well.

There hasn't been much time or space for me to craft whilst spending time at Mum's, but during the quieter spells I amused myself by designing some more rectangular sketches for posting onto the tab at the top of my blog .. .. .. .. along with doing just a bit of colouring.

This means that hopefully as things start to calm down, I will be able to turn my coloured images into cards, using my new sketches.  Well that's the plan anyway.

Here is the first sketch I would like to share:


and here is the first card I have made using it:




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "2754" Xmas Kiss
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Backing papers:  From Snippet Mountain
Spellbinders Circle and Scallop Circle Dies
Star Punches and Dies
Crystal Glamour Dust
ProMarkers
Nail Heads
My Trusty Sewing Machine

My card is for sharing with Jo over at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the theme is Christmas Snippets

and of course

If snippets have come into the equation then Di springs to mind and I need to skip over to Pixie's Snippets Playground too.

Di is actually Jo's Guest Designer this Month (lovely to see you there Di .. .. congratulations!).  Everything on my card, apart from the base card, has come from snippet mountain .. .. .. not that the mountain range looks any smaller.  Sigh!

Take care everyone.  Enjoy bonfire night/weekend!



16 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous card Jules,the PB image is so sweet love your new layout and papers.Hope mum is still improving,take care Meg x

JD/ Jill said...

Oh! How pretty! And I like that sketch. I must remember to check out your sketch tab more. I so easily get stuck on what card design to try next...and I'm sure your sketch's would help me.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Jules hope your mum continues to improve. Love the sketch and the beautiful card, I will try and use your sketch and make a card over the next few days. Love Alison x

Aquarius said...

Another brilliant sketch and such a lovely card with that adorable little hedgie

Elaine Stark said...

A super sketch. Your card does the sketch justice, just adorable. I hope everything is improving your end and that you start to get time for yourself soon. Take care. Elaine

Lorraine said...

Aww, so cute Jules. I just love that gorgeous PB stamp and the fab design following the sketch.
Lorraine x

Sarn said...

That is a simply gorgeous layout using up your snippets Jules.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous sweet cad Jules .. you can never go wrong with a PB hedge
Pauline x

cuilliesocks said...

A wonderful sketch and a gorgeous card Jules. I love the little hedgie and the pretty papers you've used, lovely colours.
I hope you Mum is doing well, Kate x

Dotty Jo said...

We all have a snippets mountain, don't we! This is gorgeous, Jules. I always love how you use a sketch. Thanks so much for playing at Christmas Kickstart. I saw your comment and do hope life is a little kinder very, very soon. Big hugs, Jo x

cotnob said...

Another super sketch Jules and a fabulous card - thank you for sharing.
I hope your Mum is still making progress and improving day by day.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

What a lovely new sketch Jules (thank you) and what a lovely card. That's such an adorable little image and the soft colours look great with the silver accents xx

Brenda said...

Love your sketch Jules and glad you are able to keep yourself busy while at your Mum's. Coloring is another way to keep busy and you will be ready to go in assembling your images into cards with your sketches! I love, love, love this cute card using this sketch. It's so darling, I love the papers you used. You can pull a card together like no other! Hugs, Brenda

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous sketch and card Jules, hope mum is continuing to inprove. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely PB image and gorgeous card Jules

Anne

Di said...

Fabulous card as always Jules! I love the layout - and Penny Black of course!

Hugs

Di xx