My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 29 October 2023

FANCY FINDING ANOTHER HEART?

Hi Everyone

Serious stranger alert here!  

So sorry it has been such a long time since I posted anything here .. .. .. or visited any of your wonderful blogs!  

As I am sure you may have guessed from my absence things haven't been too good here in the House of Hearts  -  a real curveball landed with us in July 2022 when I was diagnosed with HER2 Positive Breast Cancer - and it has taken me quite a while to come out of the other side.  

It all started with me finding a lump in my armpit and things went on "fast forward" from that point onwards.

Treatment is still ongoing, and will continue into next year, but I am starting to feel more like my "old self" and I am super excited about dusting down my craft pod and starting to create and blog again.

.. .. .. and that explains what has been happening in my world in just a few short paragraphs.

The above subject is now closed other than to say a huge "thank you" to my wonderful family and my super special friends who have helped me through this challenging time .. .. .. as well as the fabulous NHS for whom nothing has ever been too much trouble.  I couldn't wish for better care and support.  

I don't intend to discuss this subject any further, or go into any more detail, either here on my blog or in emails.  There will be no dwelling/living in the past .. .. I am grabbing the future with both hands and will be simply making the most of life again. 

Lots more news to share, but I won't put everything into one blog post .. .. .. it would be far too huge .. .. .. so I will spread everything out gradually over the coming weeks.   

But I would like to say that I am super happy to report that my Mum is doing well (in fact she has been looking in far better nick than I have .. .. .. and she is now a whole 93!). 

So there we go .. .. .. .. .. .. that is where I have been all this time .. .. .. .. .. .. and my very first port of call is to run as fast as my little legs will carry me to the Snippets Playground Challenge where we are encouraged to use up all of those little bits of card, paper, ribbon, fabric etc that we compulsively save (well I do anyway almost to the point of ridiculousness). 

This is what I have created .. .. ..


These are the snippets I grabbed to play with.. .. 


Supplies used were:

Paper and card snippets
Spellbinder Circle and Scalloped Circle Dies
Julie Hickey Layers, Frames & Banners Rectangle Die Set
X-Cut Embossing Folder - Polka Hearts
Lili of the Valley Digital Block Sentiment Set
Ribbon
My "new" Trusty Sewing Machine (more on that another day)

My card is based on a You Tube video I saw posted by the lovely Natasha Foote but I have altered it to suit what I wanted. 

I hope everyone has been getting along OK in my absence and that the world has been being kind to you all. 

Have a good rest of the day .. .. it feels really great and exciting to be back!

Time now to see if I am still capable of linking up my entry!  LOL!!!

I have needed to change my computer and am on a big learning curve because I am now on Windows 11 and it is taking a bit of mastering .. .. hence me not yet getting to grips with adding a watermark to my photographs!  

35 comments:

Glennis F said...

Wwlcomw back, I am glad to see you have not lost your touch, your card is lovely

Aquarius said...

Well you've certainly been missed . I've thought about you often and guessed something momentous must have occurred. It is really great to see you back and lovely that your first card is for the Snippets Playground, which if memory serves me right, you started originally. Onwards and upwards, take care and I will be seeking out the hearts 😉

Pauline C said...

Hi Jules, lovely to see your post. I had wondered a few times about not seeing you blogging. So sorry you have had such a challenging time with illness over the past 18 months but very glad to hear you have had such great care and support, and that you are feeling more like your old self and up to resuming crafting. Hopefully it will help put some joy back into your life! A beautiful card after so long away, looking forward to seeing more. Everything crossed for continuing good news with your treatment xx❤️
Pauline xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
So so happy to see you back …wishing you a speedy recovery …
So happy your Mum is doing so well…bless her…
Lovely to see one of your stunning cards …
Take Care …lots of love
Sylvie xx

Inkami said...

Such a dainty designs and a lovely mix of papers. The stitching is adds just the right touch to this elegant card.

cuilliesocks said...

Aww, hello Jules how lovely to see you back her, but sorry to hear of your illness, such a bugger of a disease. My lovely friend is recovering from breast cancer, and thankfully doing well. So with that said, I wish you all the best and a good recovery.
Glad to hear your mum is doing well.
Your card is lovely, love the colours and design, you take card and keep smiling, Big Hugs Kate x

Lorraine said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have had such a tough time, but I absolutely LOVE the positivity that comes through in your post.
Your talent still shines, a lovely card to use up all those snipets.
It's bloody good to see you back!!
Sending love and hugs
Lorraine xx

Di said...

Dear Jules, you have been so missed in the Playground. Such a tonic to see you back with us again.

The 'Jules Touch' is still there - a beautiful card my lovely friend!

My love, and thanks

Di xxx

meg said...

Great to see you back Jules,a fabulous card in lovely blues.Take care xx

Kath said...

It's good to see you blogging again Jules - I've missed searching for your hearts. I love your snippets card and found the hearts today! I'm sorry to hear your news but glad to hear your mum is okay.
Kath x

Sarn said...

Well hello there stranger!!!!! Good to see you back in the Snippets Playground again and thanks for bringing a sick note regarding your absence. As you don’t wish to dwell on it, I’m just going to say I’m happy you’re feeling up to crafting and blogging again & wish you a good & continuing recovery.

Your snippets card looks fabulous - I spotted the hearts straightaway! Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. I’ll add extra marshmallows to your mug of hot chocolate up in the treehouse xxx

Brawny x said...

A gorgeous cardJules love the colour tones. Loads of love Leax

LesleyG said...

Welcome back, I’ve missed you! So Sorry to hear your news, but glad you’re getting there, onwards and upwards.Such a pretty card, good luck with the computer. I have the same ridiculousness! Xxx

Lynne said...

Lovely to see you back Jules. I have missed your fab cards and that neat stitching :). So sorry to hear your news. I thought your absence was connected to your Mum, but got that wrong didn't I?! It was a bit of a shock to say the least and I am wishing you all the best for your future treatment and look forward to seeing more of your wonderful cards xx
p.s. Pleased to hear Mum is doing well x

Carole said...

So good to see you back in blogland Jules. I have missed your cards so much and they are still as classy and beautiful as always. I wish you all the best for the future as you sure deserve it...so happy that you are surfacing the nightmare. Good luck with windows 11, I am still struggling with windows 10!xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Hello Jules...lovely to see your back and you have been greatly missed, I had guessed there was a good reason for you not blogging.....
what a lovely card to return with, love all the blue colours and pretty stitching...If you crack the watermark on Window 11 let me know! Lovely to hear is also doing well...

Anne x


Andrea J said...

Delighted to see you back with another splendid card, you still have your magic touch. Wishing you all the very best for the future, look forward to seeing many more inspiring cards from you soon. xx

HilaryJane said...

Welcome back, I have really missed those stitched cards of yours. I am so happy to see this beauty, such excellent use of snippets and stitching. Love it. so sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope everything goes smoothly from here xx

Annie H said...

Very happy to have you back here, I really missed you and your beautiful style of cards. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you enjoy cardmaking again, looking forward to it. Your snippets card sure is a beauty !
xx Annie

Linby said...

Welcome back! So sorry to read about the reason for your absence but glad your Mum is doing ok.
You've certainly made a fabulous comeback card, so pretty and great use of snippets.
hugs Lynn x

Viv said...

So good to see you back in Blogland Jules. Missed yer (and the sewing machine)!!!
But at least you saved me from having segs on me eyes looking for the heart!!!

Positive vibes, happy thoughts and get crafting xxx

Debbie said...

Hi Jules, it is so amazing to have you back with us. We sure have missed you so much. So pleased to hear that you are feeling more like yourself, just take it a day at a time as they say brave lady. Big hugs to you and your family. Wow, what a beauty of a card to start back with. Gorgeous colours too. Will have to have a look at that you tube. Take care lovely lady. xxxx

littlebee said...

Good Afternoon Jules . What a lovely card to come back to blogging with, I love the style and lovely blue. So glad that you're doing better now with your illness and hope that your full recovery is near. Take care and continue doing what you love as we all love seeing your creations. Sue x

Elaine Stark said...

So pleased to see you back with another fabulous card. You have been in my thoughts and sorry to here your woes. You have a brilliant attitude, so stay positive. Very glad your Mum is doing well. I am looking forward to seeing more of your creations. Elaine

Sarah said...

I cannot tell you how lovely it was to see your blog pop up on my dashboard. I have thought about you often and have continued to use your sketches in your absence!! What a gorgeous card to launch your return to blogland, and long may it continue!! You haven't lost your creative touch and your stitching is still as perfect as ever. I wish you better and happy days ahead, you have been missed xx

Liz said...

So pleased to see you back blogging again, Jules. Sorry to hear you’ve had a tough time this year, but such good news that you have come out the other side and your recovery is going well.

Your card is beautiful, I love the design. Looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous makes. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Hi Jules,

I'm just catching up after being on holiday for the last few weeks. Sorry to read why you've been away for so long, but as you say no dwelling just glad to see you back again. I'm so glad to hear your mum is doing so well too. I love your beautiful card and the different shades of blue, it's always been my favourite colour.

Sue xx

JanR said...

So wonderful to "see" you again, and thanks for sharing an update! Beautiful card. The stitching is amazing! Looking forward to seeing more fantastic projects. (:

anne said...

Lovely to see you pop up in my reading list, great news that you have come out the other side and also that your mum is well.
Beautiful card, lovely colouts and design.
Anne x

Tracey T said...

Can't tell you how happy I was to see you back in blogland, Jules. You have been missed! You haven't lost any of your card making talent, this creation is just as perfect as always. Tracey xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Lovely to see you back Jules, love your cards.
Take care
Sue x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Lovely to see you back Jules, missed seeing your lovely cards.
Take care.
SUE X

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I saw your amazing card on the Snippets Playground and wanted seeing it better. LOVE your stitching!! And such fabulous design and papers!

AlisonC said...

I'm always a bit late to catch up. Let's just say - it's lovely to have you back and I'm glad you feel like crafting and joining in. x
This card is superb. The stitching is just beautiful and lifts it to the next level rather than just placing the patchwork. Blue and white is one of my favourite colour combinations.

JD/ Jill said...

I am so happy to see you back making cards. Your lovely cards was so missed (I like your cards so much I try to see each and every card that you Make)