My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 15 February 2010

MY CRAFT FEST IS OVER

Hi Folks

Well the excitement of my long crafting Valentine weekend is nearly over :-(

Back to work tomorrow.

But hey .. .. .. I need to get my craft stash pennies from somewhere.

I also need to collect some money for the Valentine cards I made for some of the chaps at work .. .. .. .. it was a real eye opener seeing things from a man's point of view.

To me a Valentine card is a bit soppy and lovely dovey and is meant to tell your special someone how you feel.

Well yes, this is what some of the men wanted .. .. .. but not all!

Some wanted Valentine cards that didn't mention the word "love"!!!

Some wanted "funny ones" .. .. .. and I was asked "did I have one with a dog on the front?". I daren't ask why and just said "no, sorry".

I then said "I do have a stamp of a pig holding a heart and perhaps I should have done some that said "I might be a pig .. .. but I'm yours".

I thought they would be insulted by this but no .. .. .. .. .. that would have been perfect and why hadn't I done one like that!!!

It was such a laugh. But I had the last one. The chaps were saying how nice my cards were and how they couldn't believe I had made them .. .. .. .. I politely said "thank you" and finished off by saying "I do wedding stationery too if any of you are thinking of proposing for Valentines".

Deathly silence fell across the room. LOL!!!!

So, just in case you are interested .. .. .. in my little survey of men and Valentine cards I have decided that the quiet ones are the romantic ones!!!

I can't wait to hear what the ladies thought of their cards. Yesterday, I was imagining them opening their cards and was hoping they were pleased.

I know .. .. .. .. I am soppy in the extreme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the meantime here is a quick share of a birthday card I made for my son to give to the female drummer in one of his bands. I made this a little while ago now but it is fine for me to share it as the birthday is "long gone".

This used:

Images are all : Inkadinkado 98693 "Rock Star"
Backing Papers: DCWV Rockstar Mat Stack
Sentiment and Alphabet for name: Pink Petticoat
Brads, flowers and ribbon from the Stash box


I hope you have all had a good Monday - thanks for calling by.

Love Jules xx

19 comments:

Debs said...

Hiya Jules
This is fab! Love the colour combo.
Sounds like you have been busy.
Have a great week.
Take care
Debs xx

Sally H said...

Fantastic card! I loved reading about the valentines too! It is half term and I am having a little bit of a craft fest in between trying to tidy up a bit and shopping for wedding outfits!

Mummylade said...

Absolutely stunning! Wow!

I like the I'm a pig idea =) it made me laugh

Scrappymax said...

I am laughing while reading this Jules, I can just picture the shock on their faces when you mentioned wedding.

I love this card and really think it is great for those music lovers. Must check out Inkadinkado for that great drum kit image as my little brother is a drum teacher and I am always trying to find this type of image.

Max x

Beryl said...

Fabulous card. Love the colours, image and design.
Your valentine survey made me giggle too.
Beryl xx

chris said...

hi there jules
this is very very fabulous.
loved you write up about the valentines cards very interesting.
hope you are ok love chris xx

Nicki said...

Well, you've definitely got the men sussed out - I can just picture the 'wedding' moment - lol! Love your card - I bought this set of stamps for the great guitar image and I hadn't even noticed the drum kit, I'm such a dozy mare sometimes!

Nicki, :0)

Anonymous said...

This is so fun, I just Love it!!!

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Jules, you did give me a giggle, he he, now know how to silence a room full of men, mention the work wedding, very witty lol! Love your card, fantastic card for a teenager, gorgeous flower and brads, take careX:)

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Jules,
How lovely for you to have helped spread a bit of love with your gorgeous cards this weekend.

This card is fab, very fitting for the recipient.
Have a great day.
Clare x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, I think we are all a bit soppy, I always like a card for the words as well as the front cover. Your card for your sons friend is ideal and its stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

pinky said...

Love this drumming card Jules, perfect for her and nice colour combo. Men and their valentines, we want thme to be romantic but it just doesn't happy. They definitely scare away from commitment, would love to have seen their faces when you mentioned wedding stationery lol.
Pinky

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

That was some interesting insight, Jules.. You have inspired me to do some research among the men in my office, too.

Great card for Tash, as well!

Hugs,
Chris xx

lisa said...

Sounds like you had a real laugh, Jules. Bet you know more about these men then their other halfs now!!
Love the drumming card.

Lisax

craftimamma said...

Fab card for a female drummer Jules. That Inkadinkado set looks so useful. Love the Valentine's story, Lol!

Lesley Xx

mrsk06 said...

Hi Jules

Aren't men funny when it comes to valentines day lol the hubby left mine in the car unwritten so i ended up working on sunday so when i came home it was ready for me to open at last LOL

Great card too i love rock themed cards im sure she loved it!

Take care

Sal xx

Dena said...

Jules, oh this is such a fun card!!! Neat images and I really like those colors you used! Great work my friend!
Hugs, Dena

Allison said...

fab card, I love those stamps
AllisonX

Juls said...

This is amazing!! Love the combo of all those fab images!! Hugs Juls