My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 15 April 2010

PENNY BLACK CHALLENGE - WEEK 96

Hi Everyone

Eyesight warning .. .. today's creation is a little "on the bright side" .. .. so beware!!!

Time to play along with the Penny Black Challenge and this week their theme is "Buttons Galore".

So how many buttons make up "galore" I wondered.

The dictionary definition of "galore" is saying it means "existing in abundance - in great numbers" .. .. .. well I decided that 5 was "existing in abundance" compared to the 3 I would normally use LOL!!!

Here is my creation


This used:

Image: Penny Black 3864F "Bohemian"
Sentiment: Penny Black 3849E "Birthday Dreams"
Backing Paper: Pink Petticoat download "Fluffy Clouds"
Sizzix Bigz Die: 656075 "Branch with Leaves"
X Cut Flower Punches (Medium and Small)
"Buttons Galore" from my button box
Glamour dust, diamond stickles and white gel pen


I did warn you it was bright!!!

There seems to be a trend for wetting punched flowers, screwing them up and then drying and layering them .. .. so this is what I did here. Quite a nice look and much cheaper than buying ready to use ones!! I will be doing this again that's for sure.

Have a good day!

Love Jules xx

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card, so stunning!

pinky said...

i love making those flowers too Jules, they are great done in newsprint too. Gorgeous card, loving that big sentiment too.
Pinky

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fabulous hunni!!

I love the PP papers what a fun and cheery card

Emma xxx

Kath Stewart said...

wow jules....this is fabulous...lovely happy and bright card...just what we need to cheer us up and love your gorgeous flowers and buttons galore...thanks for taking the time to join in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxx

Nikbee said...

I love this card, really bright and cheerful. The butterfly is great.

Nikki x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

OH hun its gorgeous...love those flowers

hugs shell xx

Helen said...

I like your card Jules and it will stand out from the rest. If you enter a card into the challenge when does it have to be in by and how do you get it there please.
From Helen

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules wow it is a bright and cheerful card, and I love your flowers, I tried to make some last night but forgot to wet them. Oh well such a dope am I. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Sue said...

Hi Jules
gorgeous card, so bright & cheerful, sue,x

Sally H said...

Fabulous! I love those flowers.

Little K Smith said...

Love this bright gorgeous summery card Jules, lovely flowers and the backing paper is fab!
Kelly.x

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card, fab flowers and gorgeous colours.
luv
Debby

Cardarian said...

Love your card,gorgeous flowers, such fresh springish colors!
Cardarian