My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 28 July 2010

MINUS AN IMAGE

Hi Everyone

A quick card today that is not for any challenge. I was just having a play and experimenting a little in the hope of feeling comfortable with not always feeling I have to put a stamped image on my work. It doesn't feel natural yet .. .. but I am sure it will eventually if I do more of it!!! LOL!!!

I also have a tendency to work with pastel and "cool" colours but have been trying to take myself out of my comfort zone and use darker shades. I am still struggling a little but am determined to stick with it.

The weird thing is I love the cards I make with black (and you can't get much darker than that) and those made with pastel/lighter shades .. .. but the colours that fall in between are the ones that give me the problems and make me "unsure" of what I produce.

Anyways, here is my creation for today .. .. .. what is that inspirational book called "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway" ???

This used:

Papers: Papermania "Hampstead" (except for the blue flower - that was scrap card)
Sentiment: Woodware Clear Stamps "FRCL004" His Birthday
Sizzix Die: "656079" Flower Layers #5
Cuttlebug Die: Flower Set (Blue Flower)
Woodware Punch: Medium Circle
Nestabilities: Small Octagons
Martha Stewart Punch: Frond
Large Brad from the stash box
Distress Ink: Old Paper
Brilliance Ink: Moonlight White - for distressing the flower petals and the home-made card candy


So there we go. My make for the day .. .. .. and to add to my bravery I also drew the dots and dashes on my card "freehand" .. .. phew!! .. .. why does that always feel so "daring"? Clearly I don't do that enough either or it wouldn't.

Because I had to work hard and go out of my comfort zone with this one I decided to make the heart a little more difficult to find today too .. .. but as always I am sure you will find it.

Thank you for calling in. Catch you again soon.

Love Jules xx

13 comments:

Doreen said...

I think this is gorgeous Jules it looks great the way it is.I am like you and always seem to use pastels,no matter how hard I try my cards end up pastel.xxx

Loopylou. said...

it is beautiful jules and i love the flower. you go for it girl,feel no fear!!! lol!! big hugs lou xx

Di said...

This is a great card Jules, it doesn't need an image and i love the colours. I know what you mean though, i've just chucked myself out of the safe white card bases comfort zone and i'm glad i did.Had to zoom in to find the heart, brilliant. Di. xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This card is fab!

No need to have fears with cardmaking Jules!
But I do know what you mean, I get the same feeling with one layers, he he, but I make them anyway.

I did find the heart too :)

Hugs
Maarit

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous and stunning you should do more without images, you have a real eye for colour, and do i sopot a heart too, stunning hugs Pops x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, wow fabulous card, love those papers and I found your little heart. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

coops said...

this is really gorgeous jules.i love the papers and colours.the flower is stunning and i love how it frames your sentiment.

xx coops xx

craftimamma said...

Comfort zone or not Jules, it's still a stunner and I did find the heart almost straight away so no need for an eyetest for me for a while, Lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

MagsB said...

Aha! There's the heart!

Experimenting is fun, I always learn something from experimenting. This card is lovely, the colours go so well together, that touch of blue on the flower lifts the whole card!

luv, Mags x

coldwaters2 said...

Jules this is beautiful I do love the colours and I have always loved seeing a card with just a sentiment it gives it a very classy look....you must do more of these.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Nicola said...

Jules this card is lovely, and it doesn't show that you have done something out of your comfort zone. Nicky xx

Anice said...

This is a lovely card Jules. You need to realise that you are an extremely talented card designer. There's you told! Big Hugs
Anice xx

Maureen said...

Its a great card...love the colours...and yes I found the heart!! LOL