My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 29 October 2010

GOOD NEWS

Hi Everyone

I hope everyone is well and ready for the weekend .. .. an extra hour to be gained into the bargain!!  What more could we ask for?

How will you spend yours?  An extra hour in bed .. .. and extra hour crafting?

I always tell myself I am going to spend it in bed .. .. but I never do.  I wake up all excited and have to get up and play with my craft goodies LOL!!!

But before we get the treat of our extra hour we are going to have the pleasure of Anice from Funky Hand gracing our TV screens.  She is going to be on the Create and Craft TV channel (Sky 671, Freeview 36 & Freesat 813) on Saturday 30th October at 11am, and then repeated a couple of times over the weekend.

Anice is demonstrating her two most recent CD ROMS from the Papercraft Factory range .. .. Dreams Come True and Colour Me Happy.. but the big deal is that Create and Craft are going to have an AMAZING price offer if you buy both CD ROMS together. 

The DT were given the challenge of making some Christmas themed cards from the CD's .. .. which you might think is strange considering the CDs are not necessarily seen as containing Christmas papers.  But always up for a challenge we managed some lovely creations between us.

Below are a couple that I made and you never know you might be able to spot them on the TV tomorrow .. .. only "might" though because the DT as a whole created so many samples I am sure Anice won't get chance to show them all. So just in case you don't see them .. .. I will share them here.





Both of these creations were made using the Colour Me Happy CD (and my trusty sewing machine) .. .. though I have pinched the Alpha-Bits from a Funky download and the Happy Christmas sentiment too.

Don't worry though .. .. the downloads are going to be going on sale over the weekend over on the website.. .. a giant 25% off!!  Woo hoo!!  You can see them all here.

So I had a lovely night with my Sis last night and I have now had my "short back and sides" haircut.  Some might call it a "summer cut"  LOL!!! 

I love it when I have had my hair cut .. .. it makes me feel so much more human .. .. which can only be a good thing .. .. and saves me loads of time in getting ready in a morning!!

Have a happy Friday everyone. 

Love

19 comments:

Andria said...

Wow stunning cards, and great papers, will set sky plus and keep an eye out for them and more inspiration :)

Lynne K said...

Love the cards, Jules! Very creative use of non-Christmassy papers.

I'm hoping to be spending the extra hour asleep! I spend far too many late nights crafting or on the computer, so I could do with lots of hours to catch up, never mind one! xx

Little K Smith said...

Oh these are Brilliant Jules! Just love the colours and papers and the designs are fantastic! Love all the stitching too!
Have a lovely weekend :)
Kelly.x

Doreen said...

Two super gorgeous cards, I will keep my eyes peeled on the tv for them.You will have to watch next Sat 11am for the Ooh La La program some of my samples might be shown.xxx

Ellibelle said...

These are both amazing Jules. Loving the sewing! And such beautiful layouts. I am sure I won't be spending the extra hour sleeping as my kids don't care if there is a time change or not LOL. I sure could use an extra hour of sleep though.

Vicky said...

Wow Juls these cards are fantastic hun!, love how you stitched the card and great use of using those gorgeous papers. Just love these cd's, just so versatile :o)
Have a fab weekend and I will look out for the shows!
hugs Vicky xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

You have done a fantastic job creating cards from a non-chrimbo cd and i will have to record the show as im out tomorrow!
hugs and xxx

Beryl said...

Relly clever use of 'non Christmas' papers to make two fab Christmas cards. You must have so much patience to do all thaat stitching. Fab results though.
Beryl xx

PinksyDoodles said...

These cards are stunning Jules!
Clare x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

they are super Jules, I just love stitching on cards, your stitching is fab, they are really mod and funky, hope they appear on the show, I'll watch.
Hour extra in bed nice, but dark at 4:30 horrid.
janex

coops said...

2 fabulous cards jules.great papers and colours and love your stitching.
so pleased you have shared them because i can`t get create and craft on my digi box :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

OH These are great fun, I LOVE the sttitching!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend, enjoy that extra hour!
We lost an hour at the beginning of this month when ours went forward for summer!

Dagnabbit! lol.

Netty said...

Terrific cards Jules and love the stitching...but with that sort of haircut shouldn't you be knitting yourself a wooly hat ready for the icy winds............lol
Annette x

Lynn said...

Lovely cards and a great idea to use non christmasy papers for Christmas cards. Will try to catch the Funky Hand show as I have both of these CD ROM's so could do with some more inspiration to make actual cards and not just keep looking at the paper collections.

Lynn x

Delphine said...

Brilliant, Jules! I love all the stitching, great colours and fabulout layouts! Hugs Delphine xx PS: Thanks for reminding me about the extra hour:-)...

Amy Johnson said...

Adorable cards! I love all the stitchy and the colors!

Thanks for the reminder about the extra hour! I didn't even know!

Doreen said...

Yes Jules I saw these gorgeous cards in all their glory on the front row. How exciting seeing your work on TV.xxx

Jacee said...

Oh Jules, how did I miss this!!!! wish I had of known that it was on the telly, I would have watched, would have loved to have spotted your cards, these two here are smashing, such lovely designs.

Lou said...

Hi!Jules do i love these two cards,they are gorgeous and love too all that yummy stitching(clever you :)
hugs Lou.xx