My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 11 March 2011

HARDLY WORTH ME MAKING AN APPEARANCE .. .. LOL!!!

Hi Everyone

Well I am so late tonight it is hardly worth me bothering .. .. LOL!!!

Once again only one make .. ..  I am sure life will calm down a little soon.

I spent a good bit of the day with my Mum and at the same time put inserts into all the cards I have had stacked waiting to be packaged up.  At least those are all done and dusted now.  A few orders to do and then next week is going to be wedding fayre, wedding fayre, wedding fayre!!!  Plenty on my "still got to do" list .. .. eek!!  Lots of butterflies in my tummy too but hopefully these will settle down soon.

Someone once told me that you only get nervous if something is important to you.  I don't know if that is true but if so then this is definitely "very" important LOL!! 

Anyway round to "the" share of the day  .. ..  it has to be my favourite because it is the only one I have made!!




This used:

Image:  Docrafts Forever Friends "FFS 907106" Sports
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat
Backing Papers:  Aimee Asher for the patterns and Pink Petticoat for the scrap of newsprint
Woodware Punch:  Small label
Brad and thread from the Stash Box

As soon as I stuck my image down at an angle I thought "why did you do that?"  I try so hard not to have everything lined up and square on my cards .. .. but for some reason I never feel comfortable with the results if they aren't .. .. and yet I think it looks great on other people's creations.

I liked it better once I added the newspaper print paper and the little label.

This image reminded me of my Dad .. .. not that he was a bear!!!  But he did like fishing (and a good snooze bless him).  He used to take me with him if he was doing just general fishing but if it was a competition I wasn't allowed to go.  In fact sometimes he had been and come home again before I had even got up in a morning!!

I own a lovely photograph of him (not many around sadly) after a fishing competition.  He had his "catch" all lined up on the "keep net" and a snap was taken before the fish were thrown back.  I love the picture .. .. but Mum managed to spoil it a little because she told me years later that what the men used to do was to "pool their catches together" and each one of them would individually pose in front of the line of fish as though they had caught all of the fish themselves.  Naughty boys!!! LOL!!!

I still love the photo though and it makes me smile to think of all the men replacing each other and having a snap taken.

Right off to eat my lovely supper.

Catch you again tomorrow.

Love

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! that is one cute bear, I like it being on crooked, with the newspaper sticking out, really relaxed!

pinky said...

Have finally got time to comment here, just been checking your other posts and totally understand your butterflies, best of luck with it Jules, i know you will do well. This card is just gorgeous. Loved the story about your Dad lol, boys will be boys!

Little K Smith said...

Aaawww such a sweet card Jules, adore these FF bears! Love the bit of newspaper too!
And a lovely little story about your Dad :)
Kelly.x

Lynne K said...

Great card, Jules! It reminds me so much of my dad too. He was also a very keen fisherman. My mum got fed up with him disappearing at the weekend and decided that if she couldn't beat him she'd join him, & found that she enjoyed fishing too! She often caught more than dad did, but he didn't mind. He was just pleased that she shared his passion for it. Thanks for provoking some lovely memories. xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jules, love this fab card hun. I like the angle you've placed the gorgeous image. Love the fishermen's tale, typical eh? I love to look at old photos and more so if there's a lovely story behind them. So excited for you in your new venture. :o)

Donna x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jules. I am sure you have no need for nerves,you will be all organised on the day.xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic card sweetie..it reminds me of my Dad too and for the same reason too lol

Good luck with the wedding Fayre..*fingers crossed* you get everything done on time!!
hugs and xxx

lisa said...

Hi Jules
I always seem to be a few days late catching up on your news but I get there in the end.
Many congrats on your new Website, how exciting and your photo is stunning, what beautiful samples. I bought that very same ribbon only this Tuesday thinking how perfect it is for Wedding cards-great minds!!!!
I'm sure it'll be extremely successful, you've certainly put the work in. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Your other cards are as beautiful as always. I love this fishing bear. I was only looking at those stamps the other day too and umming and ahhing on whether to get them. They certainly make great male cards.
Hope you have time for a bit of relaxing over the weekend. Don't work too hard.
Hugs Lisax

Debbie said...

Hi Jules, haven't been able to do much commenting lately. I just wanted to congratulate on your beautiful wedding makes-exquisite.All the best for the wedding fayre-you'll do great.Isn't it funny how some images remind us of family and friends.Lovely card.Have a good weekend.Debbie x

Anonymous said...

No one does fishing in my house but I do love your card . I can imagine it being very popular. Handmade mens cards are so difficult to find and usually get snapped up when I make them. good luck with your 'fayre' makings this week.
x Tricia

Carol Matanda said...

Hi Jules
Have just discovered your blog and just wanted to let you know Iam loving your designs. The wedding stationary is beautiful I'm sure the wedding fayres will go very well. good luck
love Carolx

Sarn said...

What a BRILLIANT male card. I love the angles you used . . . congrats on going outside your comfort zone!

Hugs, Sandra

coops said...

fantastic male card jules.i love the fab image and the papers are just perfect :D

xx coops xx