My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 9 February 2012

LINE DRAGONFLY

Hi Everyone

How goes it with you all?  Good I hope.

We are under threat of more snow before morning here .. .. so as usual I keep peeping through the curtains to see what is happening (just like my new little blog buddy Rach.  Rach is a "new kid on the block" so if you get chance to share a bit of bloggy love and encouragement with her that would be nice).

So far apart from a little sprinkling of snow at around 5.30pm there hasn't been anything else .. .. so we will just have to wait and see if we get the "up to 10 cm" dollop they were talking of.

In the meantime round to my creation .. ..







This used:

Image:  Magenta "73604" Line Dragonfly - Large
Sentiment:  Woodware Clear Stamps "FRCL009" "Must Have" Retro Words
Backing Papers:  Memory Box "Minuet"
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:  Swiss Dots
Woodware Punches:  Daisy
Leone Em Pty:  Ash Branch
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Scrag end of ribbon for stamping my sentiment onto (using Stazon)
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze "Waterfall"
1 Promarker
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (I think it was bundled sage)
Cord and charm from the Stash Box

My favourite bit on this card is the bit of ribbon .. .. it doesn't take much to please me does it!!!  LOL!!!

Well I got all my printing done last night .. but not much commenting .. sorry :-(  I did make amends and manage a bit bright and early this morning .. .. I promise I will catch up with everyone eventually but these Spring brides are keeping me super busy .. ... yay!!!!

Oooooo .. ..  hubby has just been out to the garage and he said the snow is just starting .. .. just teeny tiny snowflakes at the moment.

I had best go and have a look.  Go check and see if you have any Rach!!!  LOL!!!

Have a good evening everyone.

Love

42 comments:

Denise said...

Jules this is gorgeous. Love the colours and papers and the dragonfly is great. I have this stamp but I think it may be a smaller version. Love your bit of ribbon too.
Hope it doesn't snow too hard.
Hugs
Denise xx

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I Like this very much Jules! Love the image on the dotty panel and gorgeous papers.

I can never tell/see who my new followers are - how do you know?
xx

Elizabeth said...

Another beautiful card - the papers are in my favourite greens and the dragonfly is gorgeous. That tiny piece of ribbon has got to be the smallest snippet of them all :) Elizabeth x

Anonymous said...

wow this is lovely Jules! it's amazing what you can do on a card!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Amelia (mimi)

susiestacey said...

Hi Jules, gorgeous card and love the idea of stamping on the bit of ribbon. No snow here yet but it is forecast and l am off to pick son up in half hour so hope it waits till l am tucked up in bed x Susan x

Andria said...

I love your card and I love green, think it's gorgeous. Hope you don't get too much snow it looks pretty but it's a complete pain in the wotsit lol. We've been lucky up in Cumbria apart from the fells it's completely bypassed us, though saying that there were 100 accidents in the county this morning due to freezing rain...roll on summer. :)

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love the image with the embossed background. Fabby papers and layout.
Lyndsey xx

Viv said...

Beautiful card Jules - lovely spring colours. x

Lynne said...

Fabby card Jules. Love your " scrag end of ribbon" lol. Great description.
We have has about 2" of the white stuff tonight. Roll on spring!
Lynne xxx

angelwhispers said...

Jules this is just beautiful and just loving your papers and ribbon!! lol Chanelle xx

Debs M said...

great stamp and papers, love the ribbon and i'm so jealous you can attach it like that with your sewing machine!!! Snow is coming down thick and fast in oxford x

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, adore that colour combination!!!

mags said...

Super little card Jules. Love the design and layout. Lovely colours used and that ribbon is great.
Hope you don't get too much snow. Been snowing here for about four hours now.
Mags
x

Claire said...

Hi Jules, another beautiful creation with some fab touches. Thanks for the ribbon tutorial, I've been catching up tonight on missed beauty and learning. Yes it is busy here as well with brides and card customers but I love doing what I do. I hope you don't get loads of snow, so far we have escaped winter, plenty of rain but mild.
Claire xxxx

Anne said...

Fabulous card Jules and funnily enough the ribbon popped out at me too, lovely. Keep warm and safe. Hugs x

Beryl K said...

Super card Jules, I hope you are managing to stay safe and warm
Beryl x

Carol said...

Love the papers on this Jules they make a lovely fresh card. No sign of any snow here yet. Carol x

Sandy said...

Beautiful! love the papers, stitching, great image and the cute little heart charm, LOL, I like everything!!!!
Sandy

Sally H said...

That is so beautiful, Jules. I love it. Such beautiful colour tones. We have had a dusting of snow. Just enough to cover the road again, but a car has driven through it and the tarmac is visible. I hope that is it's lot, as we have a rather busy weekend. Keep warm x

Anonymous said...

Love this card! The papers are gorgeous! It is snowing quite a bit in East London now.
Love Pearl x

Jenny said...

Our snow started at half six and its managed to turn everything white again...... Much to the dogs surprise when I let him out earlier!!!
Your summery card is just what we need to melt it again :0)
Gorgeous colours and papers Jules..... Going to pop and visit Rach now :0)
Keep warm.
Jenny x

Marie-Louise said...

Another beautiful card. Wish I could find that great silver cord that you use. I thought I had found some and then realised that it was elasticised - no good.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely! And that reminds me... Hugs, Lesley

Sally said...

Love those colours Jules, my faves & love that stamp too! Lots of lovely layers on this card & the stitching looks great.
Sally x

Lyn said...

We have definitely had the 10cm dollop here, started at 3pm just when I had to go out! Lovely card Jules. Take care, Lyn x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card. I really like the way you use your sewing machine, I haven't used mine for such a long time and yet I used to make rag dolls before card making :)

Yep we have snow here this morning.

jacqui x

Irene said...

Brilliant card Jules. I love how you have combined the gorgeous papers with the design layout, and what delish colours. A brilliant idea to emboss and stamp.

No snow here at present.
irene
xxxx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the stitching. We had another couple of inches of snow last night. Have a great day. Hugs Anesha

Sarn said...

WOW - I REALLY LOVE this dragonfly card Jules. It's super. It makes me want to get my Paper Artsy dragonfly stamp out . . . but I'm stuck in the office all day! Darn it! xxx

Di said...

Snow here too Jules :( Love, love, love your card, especially that little snippet of ribbon. Off to visit Rach now! Love, Di xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules wow that is one gorgeous card love the way youve sewn on the sentiment as well, and those papers are fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxx

coops said...

stunning card jules.i love your gorgeous colours and details and the dragonfly is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Marie-Louise said...

Jules - thank you so much for the web address for the silver cord. Lovely site - have a few things ordered already.

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
this is gorgeous,fab image, luv it on the embossing, pretty papers & embelies, great design, fab stitching, have lovely weekend, sue,x

Bernie said...

Another gorgeous card Jules! Wish I could layer paper as you do but it always looks sloppy when I try. Love this image, the embossing and papers, all so lovely.
Hugs
Bernie

Anonymous said...

oh gorgeous dragonfly!!! LOVE the stitcing!!!

coldwaters2 said...

This is so beautiful Jules I love that Dragonfly image so much and the embossing, the papers and design look super, the colours all look nature themed which I adore.
hugs
Lorraine x

Sue B said...

Wow! this is so beautiful Jules! Gorgeous papers and embellishments. I love the silver brads and the twine with the heart. And the sentiment looks SO cool !!! I love it!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Fab card yet again, love the dragonfly, the colours, the layout...well everything! xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always Jules, great stitching!
Helen x

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card Jules. I love the image, in fact I just love it all.

XxJULESxX said...

wow so beautiful!!!!