My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 21 December 2014

SUNDAY SNIPPETS

Hi Everyone

I hope all your Christmas plans are coming together nicely .. .. mine are heading in the right direction .. .. but very, very slowly.

Still lots to be done .. .. but it is the same every year!  I always try and cram too much in (and I am not just talking mince pies) LOL!!

No time to actually make anything today for sharing as I am working on a few hundred invites that are needed for January .. .. but I can share some labels that I made from my snippets last night ready for putting onto the presents I have spoken of before.  The presents where the contents have to start with the initial of the name of the person receiving the gift(s).  Lots of goodies priced at £5 per person all wrapped into one package and adorned with their own personal label:


We exchanged gifts last night and shared a lovely Chinese meal and also celebrated Mr Heart's birthday which happened in the week.  How many celebrations is he managing?!?!?!  and they will still be continuing into next weekend.  But it was a bit of a BIG birthday so it is allowed LOL!!

When we visit our friends I usually take my shoes off and leave them by the front door and last time we visited I was presented with my own special pair of slippers as they didn't want my feet to get cold on the conservatory floor.  They were going to be put into safe keeping for each time I visit.

I thought that was really lovely.

But just look what had happened to my slippers when I was presented with them last night:


How special are those?  My own special, personalised slippers!  Lovely!! 

It is a special two week long challenge over at Pixies Snippets Playground this time and I am taking my labels across to share them with my playmates.  Lots of lovely prizes on offer as it is a special celebration time for Di.

I was fortunate to have one of my cards from last Sunday showcased by Di and I also received lots of questions as to what the ingredients were.  


I did reply to emails but will list them here too:

The backing papers were from Kaisercraft and are called "North Pole" and the sentiment is one of a set of four from Whimsy Stamps called "Christmas Chalkboards 1".

I actually made this Christmas card as a personal one that I knew would have meaning for our youngest son (the musician) as he has had his music featured on a video advertisement for Deerz who manufacture gorgeous jumpers.  Some in the style of the patterned paper. It is so lovely to see how a company has grown and how they produce their beautiful knitwear (and of course hear Steve's  music alongside).  

OK .. .. so time for our evening meal now.  

Dishing up time!!!

I will catch you again before "the big day" but in the meantime enjoy your week.

Love

17 comments:

Carole said...

Love the tags might pinch that idea x What wonderful slippers perfect for Mrs Heart. Hope the house of hearts have a wonderful Christmas xxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card and I love the personalised tags...fab!
Lorraine x

Carol said...

Your tags look wonderful Jules, love the design. Love your slippers too...someone knows you well. Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jules, your slippers are just lovely, very thoughtful friends.
Super tags, bet they loved them and your card, is gorgeous.

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Christmas and good things for 2015, hugs Kate x

Lynsey said...

Hi Jules I love the tags, card and the fab slippers! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Hugs Lynsey x

Sue said...

I love your personalised tags Jules, such fabulous designs and gorgeous snowflakes.
How lovely to have your own special personalised slippers, really made me smile.
hugs Sue xx

Jean said...

I love your little snippets tags Jules, and the cosy personalised slippers. A lovely thoughtful idea.
Jean x

Joey said...

ooooh Jules those slippers are fab! great makes too. Jo x

Patricia said...

Good morning Jules,
What a super idea, love it.
Your labels are brilliant and I just LOVE your slippers!!
Off to look for some "Sequins" ........LOL!!
Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
Hugs

Patricia xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jules, what a lovely post...I'm the same as you, getting there slowly! Love your labels and card and those slippers are fab..we keep slippers at my inlaws' house for when we visit too. Happy Monday, hugs Carole Z X

Di said...

Super tags Jules - goodness knows where you found the time to make those little beauties! I love the slippers - so sweet :) And, as always, Steve's music is divine - I found somewhere that it's described as ethereal and that's exactly the word I would use too!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarah said...

Brilliant tags Jules, I'm intrigued by what a Raucous christmas might involve!! xx

Cynthia said...

Love the tags, Jules. So cute!!

And I love LOVE Steve's music. Just beautiful!!!

LesleyG said...

How talented you are, and so are your family and friends Tfs have a fab time xxx

Sarn said...

Perfect card and tags.

Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS xxx

Brenda said...

Oh my Jules, it seems I haven't visited in a while, I'm so sorry about that. The holidays kept me very busy, lets hope I can get on track with the new year! Happy New Year by the way, I hope your Christmas was a lovely one, I'm sure I will be reading about it as I play catch up with your blog. I love, love those cute tags! I am assuming that you did the catching sentiments on the computer, so cute and clever. I love this gift exchange idea that you do, so fun!! How fun too to have your card showcased at the Playground, doesn't surprise me though-all your cards could be showcased and win any prize because of their beauty. This one is no exception, I feel in love with it last post. And how cool that your youngest son works for a company who makes jumpers with their kind of fabric-it must be really cool hearing his music with the advertisements!! Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

Me again, lol, I just had to say that I just loved your slippers!!!! How sweet of the couple to have a pair waiting for you, but then to have them all blinged out for you as well. Awesome!
Hugs, Brenda