My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 29 May 2017

TYPICAL BANK HOLIDAY WEATHER

Hi Everyone

Well what has happened to all that lovely sunshine?

It was lovely yesterday until late afternoon and then it all went downhill and today we have rain.

Oh well .. .. it is good crafting weather .. .. which is a good thing because I have lots I want to do.

Today I thought I would share some work I did for the latest issue of Quick Cards Made Easy which should be on the shelves now.

I worked on two technique commissions.  The first was using Perfect Pearls which was something I hadn't used before and this was my favourite from that collection.


and the second was a Double Partial die cutting commission.  I really enjoyed this technique and can't wait to try it out again with some of the dies and stamps in my collection:


 So that is me.

A mountain of things I need to do today so I had better get my skates on!

Enjoy your day everyone!

13 comments:

Aquarius said...

A pretty wet and dull day here too - good excuse to stay indoors crafting though! Two lovely ideas here and the double partial die cutting looks intriguing - will have to look out for the magazine when I go shopping.

Unknown said...

Fab cards Jules I especially love the second one, its a technique I keep meaning to try myself...another on my to try list trouble is i need some more hours in the day first lol (dont we all)
Hugs, Kaz xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful butterfly card Jules, beautifully designed and coloured, and such a fun image on the second card, two super cards, Kate x

Carole said...

Oooh two great cards Jules.Love the butterfly and all the glimmer on card one and the partial die cutting on card two is clever...love the colours too...scrummy summery and ice creamy...unlike the weather. A dull grey and wet day here, much cooler...quite autumnal...so that was summer was it! hope today has been productive for you...xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful cards Jules.
Sue x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cards Jules, lovely design, particularly love the butterfly - so pretty.
Lorraine x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

stunnin cards.

xx
Claudia

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Jules, such a gorgeous butterfly and pretty colours. A super design and lovely papers on the second one.
I think the weather is going to improve slowly during the week!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Enny said...

Here in Belgium, we still had hot weather yesterday and a thunderstorm at night. Today grey weather, but no rain yet. Your cards are beautiful, can't wait to get Quick Cards from my local shop next week, to see them in detail ! Enjoy the crafting ! Enny

Barb said...

Two really beautiful cards Jules and two super techniques. That big butterfly is lovely and I love the pretty pastel colours on the second. I've not heard about the partial cutting before. Must look that magazine out when I go shopping. Barbxx

Brenda said...

We finally got sun today! Yay! I hope it is here to stay for once. lol Your butterfly card is just stunning Jules and I love it! I also love your cute bear card too, such a happy and fun card! Hugs, Brenda

Liz said...

Two super cards, Jules. I love the stunning butterfly on the first card. The second card is so cute. I love the effect of the partial die cutting, another 'new to me' technique to try. xx

Aquarius said...

I bought the magazine and enjoyed your tutorial which was clearly illustrated and explained. Managed to translate it into a card using various dies from my collection. Took some concentration to get it all to come together but pleased with the result. Thanks for sharing the technique, always nice to have a go at something different.