My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 25 May 2017

SENDING LOVE

Hi Everyone

As I am sure you will all have guessed by my lack of absence in blogland .. .. things have been VERY BUSY in the House of Hearts .. .. especially on the wedding front .. .. .. and although there is still plenty to be doing, things are starting to calm down to a more "just plain busy" pace of life.

One of my "happy couples" will get married this Saturday and I am just hoping this lovely weather will last for them. They are one of four weddings I have been working on over the last few weeks and now they have all left the building I need to empty all of their boxes ready for filling with supplies for new "happy couples".

This now means I can turn my attention to some of the general orders I need to get crossed of my crafty do list .. .. as well as make a stack of cards we need for family and friends!

But before I started on those, I made this card whilst thinking of all those people who have been affected by the awful happenings this week in Manchester.  I can't even imagine what injuries some of those poor people have encountered.  So much hurt, pain and worry .. .. and so many lives changed forever in a nanosecond.

I don't know about you but when the radio alarm goes off in the morning or I switch the TV on I just dread what the news is going to reveal.

What a scary world we live in at the moment!

Anyway, here we go:




 This used:

Image:  Stampendous Clear Stamp Set "SSC1111" Agapanthus Thank You
Sentiment:  Stampendous Clear Stamp Set "SSC139" Love Messages
Backing Papers:  Pink Petticoat
Martha Stewart Edge Punch:  Traditional Scallop
X-Cut: Butterfly Punch (very old and no longer available)
WOW! Embossing Powder:  Metallic Platinum
Stampendous Frantage:  Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Ribbon from my crafty stash box

and that is it!

Before I go I would just like to say a very sincere thank you for all the lovely comments and emails I received following my last post when I told you about my Son's album release.  It has been a very exciting time for him (and us), which has seen him being asked to do magazine interviews and even hearing his music played on the radio.  Thankfully there are still some nice things happening in the world.

Catch you again soon.


12 comments:

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jules, lovely pastel colours - such a pretty design.
I'm so pleased to hear that your Son's album release has been such a success, it's nice to hear some positive news.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Jules, Kate x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Jules, so classy. Lovely design and papers.
Lorraine x

Aquarius said...

A beautiful card. I somehow missed the post about your son, you must be so proud of his achievements and it is encouraging to hear about the good things in life amongst so many horrible happenings.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card, very pretty pink and a gorgeous image.
I don't know what the World is coming to, I worry myself sick thinking what will it be like for my lovely Grandsons in the future.

Kath x

Carole said...

Hi Jules. You have been in my thoughts lately so pleased to see you pop up in blog land...but also pleased to hear things are going well for you and your son...long may that continue. Love your card in those pretty pastel colours. is it sparkle or frantage I spy on the Agapanthus heads? Manchester was sure a tragedy and it appears that the world we live in is not a nice one, but I like to think that are more people like us than the ones that commit these atrocities........so 'Love to you' too and have a good long weekend. xx

Enny said...

What a beautiful card, and I'm glad, that you're fine and your son has success with his wonderful music ! I have been busy too, our new veranda is finally standing ! Yes, the tragedy in Manchester, so many young people, children even.... I feel deeply with the victims and their families, so sad that we can't live in a peaceful world anymore. Love, Enny

Claudia's kaartjes said...

awesome card.

xx
Claudia

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

Liz said...

Stunning card, Jules. Gorgeous design, as always, and I love the colours. x

Sarah said...

What a pretty card Jules, love the delicate pink and blue together xx

Anne said...

This is beautiful Jules, I stumbled on your blog and what a treat!

Such shocking news about the tragic events on Monday, there are some very wicked people

Anne x

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Jules, I love the soft color papers you have used and I adore the dandelion!! Hugs, Brenda