My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 3 June 2021

NEW TOY

Hi Everyone

I hope your day has been a good one.

Mine saw a very cheap new little toy pushed through my letter box by Mr Amazon (other suppliers are available LOL!!) .. .. .. and here it is .. .. a brush for making tiny paint speckles from "Frisk".


I don't know about you but I normally use a small paintbrush for adding paint spattles to my creations but I often end up with big uneven blobs that I am not always keen on .. .. .. especially if I want to create something like a snowy sky.

With this brush you roll the paint bristles into your paint and slide the prong, that is set in the wood,  along the handle into the bristles.

You then hold the wooden section and turn the brush away from you using the circular handle  .. .. the ink/paint then spattles over your card.


I placed my card inside a cardboard box to spattle the paint .. .. .. .. using white acrylic paint which I watered down a little .. .. .. and for saying this was my first play I was quite pleased.


I am looking forward to future experiments .. .. .. this was just a quick 5 minute play I had before we wandered to spend the evening in my lovely sister's garden.  So lovely having her live so close to us.

Take care everyone.

Catch you again soon.

10 comments:

Aquarius said...

That certainly looks like a natty little brush to own.

Claire said...

Oooh that makes a nice galaxy night sky, I may invest although my cardboard box might have to be the shed... yes the cat even has a custom splattered bowl from a previous play lol.

Look forward to seeing you put this to good use on your cards :) x

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Jules ..looks like a useful little brush, I’ve seen these in Hobbycraft.. mmm might have to invest in one of these ..
Have a good weekend... lovely your sister is living close to you now.

Anne

sally said...

What a natty little tool!

Sally xx

cotnob said...

This looks like fun Jules, I look forward to seeing your future experiments.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Diane said...

Wonderful new tool, love the idea would sure make creating speckles on a card background easier.

Thanks for sharing the idea.

Hugs diane

cuilliesocks said...

That's a neat little tool Jules and it did the job of splatters perfectly, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Looks great.

Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow this looks like a great new toy Jules, I migh just have to go and investigate this on amazon myself. Have fun playing.

Sue xx

Carol S. said...

Hi Jules,

This toy looks brilliant, great fun. Nearly missed this one.

Love and hugs,
Carol, xxxx