My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 1 January 2022

HAPPY 2022

Hi Everyone

HAPPY 2022  

.. .. may it be a healthy and happy one for us all .. .. and most importantly one that is filled with love.

I hope that everyone had a good Christmas, whatever you were doing.  

Any new crafty goodies for anyone?  Santa left a few under my tree so I am looking forward to a play with those .. .. .. "one day"!

I would like to extend a HUGE heartfelt THANK YOU for all the comments people have been so kind to leave on my blog during the last 12 months and also for all the emails I have received recently concerning my Mum.

Things are starting to finally pick up and settle into a different routine. We now have carers on board to help "team Mum" and things appear to be slowly falling into a nice pattern.  Although Mum has carers visiting twice a day, at least one and sometimes two of us kids spend time with her each day as well, so she isn't short on company, meals, drinks or love, that's for sure.

Perhaps my life will settle down a bit soon and I can get back to some blogging, and much missed crafting.

But for now all I can do is simply share some of my favourite cards from 2021 and the reasons why (mainly because I don't have anything new to offer you ... .. .. sorry!).

First Pick
I chose this first one for its sheer simplicity.  A teeny, tiny card which is great for using up those  snippets that we all hoard (I am going to be culling them big time this year I hope!).


Second Pick
This was an image I purchased from Bugaboo Stamps just before the store disappeared.  It has turned out to be a real  favourite and I have used it so many times since I purchased it.  Just change the colours and the sentiment and it works for anyone and just about any occasion.  

Third Pick
Another digital image which I love for its beauty and simplicity (and all the hearts of course).  This too works for lots of occasions and even looks lovely framed.


So that is me for today - with my fingers tightly crossed that I will be back in circulation soon.  But in the meantime have a good 2022.

No rash new year resolutions from the House of Hearts  -  I am going to simply take each day as it comes and make the most of it.  

Hoping I will see you sooner rather than later.  In the meantime stay safe and take care.

22 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Happy New year glad things are getting in to a routine my Dad recently moved into a care home and i just finished isolation after my son got bug and shared so only just got to see grandson after 3 weeks. I hope 2022 is better for us all

Liz said...

Beautiful cards, Jules. Glad to hear that your Mum has a good routine sorted out, making sure she is well cared for and has plenty of company. I'm sure she appreciates everything you are doing for her. xx

meg said...

So pleased to read that you have a care package in place for mum,it allows you some peace of mind and to be able to enjoy your time with her. Three fabulous favourite picks.Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year Megx

Aquarius said...

How lovely to see you in Blogland, you've certainly been missed but of course as ever family has to be the first and foremost priority. Wishing you all the very best for 2022 which surely has to be better all round than the last couple of challenging years. Take care and stay safe. Hugs Val xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Jules lovely to see you post…I gathered you were busy with mum, fingers crossed things will be more settled for you in 2022.
You are always a great inspiration to us all…you’ve certainly inspired me and your cards are always beautifully presented…

Sending you a big ‘hug’ Jules

Anne x

Pauline C said...

Happy New Year Jules … glad you are getting into a routine with your mum, and hope you will be back in blogland soon Love all of your top picks for 2021 … fab images and colours
Pauline xx

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely to see those beautiful cards again. So pleased you Mum is getting the care she deserves and hopefully her health improves too. Sadly I lost my Mother in law just before Christmas. It has been a diffucult Christmas for the family, but looking foward to a good New Year. I will miss making her weekly cards to send to the home. Happy New Year to you and your family. Take care. Elaine

Lorraine said...

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year Jules.
I've been a bad blogger over recent months so I was really sorry to catch up and read about your Mum. I hope things are a bit more settled now, and don't forget to look after yourself too.
Sending love and hugs
Lorraine x

Tracey T said...

Happy New Year, Jules! It's lovely to see you back here with a reminder of your beautiful cards. Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2022 xx

Carole eaton said...

Lovely to hear from you Julie, hoping things settle down, and you find me crafting time.
Best wishes for the new year.

Kath said...

Happy New Year to you too Jules - let's hope 2022 will be a better year for everyone (I was certainly glad to see the back of last year!).

Lovely cards and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations soon.

Kath x

cotnob said...

A lovely collection of your favourites Jules.
I'm so glad that you have extra help and things are beginning to settle into a new routine, I'm sure your Mum appreciates all of your love, support and company.
Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Das echt een kaart om U tegen te zeggen. Zo mooi
Beautiful!

Men beste wensen voor het nieuwe jaar
Claudia

https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

cuilliesocks said...

Happy New Year Jules, I hope it really will be an easier one for you and you'll find more time for yourself.
Your cards are all so lovely, Kate x

LesleyG said...

Happy New Year Jules, heartfelt wishes for some well needed crafty time for you. I have been in similar shoes and know how hard it is xxx

Sarah said...

Lovely to see you Jules. Wishing you and yours a Healthy and Happy 2022. A lovely pick of the year too xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely to see you back in blogland Jules…hopefully things will be more settled abd you get to craft a little bit.
Taje care

Anne x

Lynne said...

So pleased to hear things are settling with your Mum Jules and that you have carers to help. Your picks for last year are fabulous and I hope to see more of them, and your super neat stitching, in the not too distant future xx

HilaryJane said...

Happy New Year to you too, thanks for sharing your picks, lovely to see them. I am also glad to hear things have settled a bit with your Mum. Fingers crossed that that continues and you get a bit more time back for yourself xx

Elizabeth said...

Happy New Year, Jules. It's nice to have time to pop in and catch up with you. Glad to hear your mum is being well cared for, not only by you and your sibs but also by a team of carers. I know from experience how upsetting it can be when a nearest and dearest needs that kind of help. Here's to healthy, happiness and love in 2022. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

JanR said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for sharing your favourites. Focus on you and your mom right now, we'll all still be here when you come back. (: All the best to you and Happy New Year!

JD/ Jill said...

All great cards!
And Yes, I did get some craft supplies for Christmas. I asked both my daughter and my husband to get me two diffierent Craft magazines for Christmas.