My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 2 November 2023

TIME TO THINK (PANIC) ABOUT CHRISTMAS

Hi Everyone

I hope the weather hasn't been causing you any problems.  

There has certainly been plenty of rain in my neck of the woods .. .. .. which means we must remember to check the water butts at the bottom of the garden tomorrow because I have a feeling they will be full to overflowing!

Anyway .. ..  I am pleased to report that the Christmas stash has been brought out of  hiding and this is my first Christmas card of 2023.


This used:

My Favorite Things MFT-1008 Polar Bear Pals stamp and die set
Nitwit Collections:  Yuletide Cheer
ProMarkers
Penny Black Snowflake Die
Dashed Circle, Sentiment and Tree Dies - Unbranded from Ebay/Amazon
My Trusty Sewing Machine

Quite a few of you liked the look of my new sewing machine, and I was asked what the things were I particularly liked and didn't like about it.

My likes are:

I can alter the speed I want the machine to stitch at.  So no matter how hard I press on the foot control it will never go any faster than I set it to do.  So no chance of my machine running away with me. 

When stitching something intricate you can make the machine produce just one stitch at a time.  So each time you press the foot control you will only ever get one stitch (until you cancel the command of course).   

The needle threader works .. .. yay!!!  My old machine stopped doing that many years ago!!

It will produce three different types of buttonholes.  That feels like quite a luxury .. .. .. I have only been able to machine stitch one type up until now (unless I have worked them by hand).

Lots of new stitches for me to play with.
  

My dislikes are quite minor things really:

There are no storage compartments for the additional feet/spare shuttles etc

I have been spoilt by having a metal encased machine previously, so the plastic casing I now have doesn't feel as sturdy/strong and I can't help but feel that it will eventually go a yucky yellow colour.     

My old machine had a solid cover that I could put over it when it wasn't in use, but my new one just has a flimsy plastic fabric type cover. 

But all that said I am very happy with my purchase and am looking forward to putting my machine to good use. 

Take care everyone.  I will hopefully catch you again soon.

13 comments:

meg said...

Love your skating polar bear Jules,a fun card

LesleyG said...

What a lovely card, a great layout, fab colours and lots of detail, like the stitching. Thanks for your sewing machine thoughts….maybe if you get time you can make it a posh cover xxx

Aquarius said...

A gorgeous start to your Christmas card collection - love the various dies, papers etc. Good that you are pleased with your new sewing machine - my Janome is still the same colour as it was when new - not quite sure but thinking back I think I must have had it for 15 years or more.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules …love your card ….that stamp set is gorgeous bxx
Hugs Sylvie xx

Lynne said...

A lovely design Jules and love the colour of the green background x

Carole said...

What a stunning first Christmas card Jules...love this snowman, always have a dyour card design is lovely a dso beautifully co-ordinated. Lovely colours. As for your sewing machine...I know what you mean about plastic going yellow in time but I guess the manufacturers are looking at reducing costs, increasing turnover and bonus for you..it will be lighter to lift! ??

Sarah said...

A great start to the Christmas card Pile Jules!! A fab design and lovely colours xx

Sarn said...

LOVE this cute skating polar bear with the trees and the funky font die cut for the sentiment. Great start to your Christmas card collection for 2023. xxx

Kath said...

A fabulous Christmas card Jules - the skating bear is so cute.

Your new sewing machine looks really good and very modern. I bought my machine about 40 years ago and it cost me a fortune (my father said I could have bought a car for what I paid for it!) but it continues to do me proud.

Kath x

Elaine Stark said...

I love how you have similar stash to me, but come up with some incredible ideas. Great inspiration. Elaine

HilaryJane said...

Looks to me like you are already putting your new machine to good use. Great card. I was looking at Pinterest today and that skating bear was showcased several times. I think I like your card best out of those I have seen today xx

anne said...

Love the colours on this, it's such a lovely fun card.
Anne x

JD/ Jill said...

Very Nicely done Christmas card!