My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 4 December 2023

NEW WEEK - NEW SKETCH

Hi Everyone

So did you wake up to snow yesterday?  Ours started late Saturday night .. .. and we got plenty of it!  But gradually rain has melted it away

Yesterday in order to "ring the changes" I challenged myself to learn how to draw and incorporate triangles into my sketches .. .. .. and I am happy to report that I mastered my challenge.  How sad to be happy to have drawn a simple triangle!  LOL!!  I am such a sad sack!

I used my new sketch to produce this:


This used:

Backing papers:  First Edition "Silent Night"
Sentiment:  Whimsy Stamps:  Christmas Chalkboards 1
Ribbon
My Trusty Sewing Machine

and  of course my latest sketch .. .. .. number 13 .. .. .. a number that some folk avoid as there is a saying that it is "unlucky for some" .. .. .. but it isn't for the House of Hearts so I am happy to add it to my rectangular sketch collection which you can find on the tab at the top of my blog!! 

Please feel free to use any of them if you fancy a play.


Project Downsize finds me trying really hard to use up some of my older design pads/papers, especially where there are only a few odd pages left .. .. .. so some antique papers might be making their way onto my blog over the next few weeks (and there are a few to go at - both of the Christmas and general variety).  

There is a very small care home just around the corner from us and ever since Covid happened I have been putting boxes of crafting goodies together for them to play with.  Be these full of wool for their "knit and natter" sessions, flowers and ribbons for making Easter bonnets, or card bases, envelopes, punches/stamps/stickers and papers for the cards they make. 

They create things to sell at their fayres to raise funds for entertainment.  It sounds like they have fun creating the things they sell, really enjoy the actual fayre days and of course when the entertainment happens .. .. .. be these trips out or events planned within the home .. .. so hopefully I am helping to bring some enjoyment to their lives in a number of ways. 

Right, time to hit the ground running .. .. .. I have lots to cram into today.

Hopefully catch you again soon.  Stay safe and warm and I hope you all have a good start to your week.

8 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card and a lovely sentiment, like you I am trying to use up what I have...What a great idea to give to the old folks home...I've certainly got lots of bits that I don't use/want anymore..

Anne x

Eve said...

Hi there Jules,
I love your beautiful triangle incorporated card! well done you for mastering it.
No snow here in Devon just constant rain :-( .....
So glad the move is back on track - I've been thinking about you.
Looking forward to seeing your ancient paper card makes!
Take care
Eve xx

Lynne said...

A lovely sketch Jules and the grey looks very elegant. Gorgeous ribbon too x

meg said...

A wonderful sketch,thank you for sharing,loving your focal sentiment and papers

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Jules, love the colours and design - so elegant.
Lorraine x

HilaryJane said...

That's a great sketch and you have used the papers very well. Love the addition of the ribbons too xx

Linby said...

What a great layout. Love the "double" heart on this one too.

JD/ Jill said...

Yes, I woke up to snow coming down this morning! But it has no turned into rain. It's really cold outside so it might turn into ice!
Enough about the weather, smile!

Love your card and that neat sketch!