My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 27 December 2023

HAPPY WEDNESDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy Wednesday!  Has anyone else lost track of the days .. .. or is that just me?  LOL!!

Christmas has been lovely here .. .. and I hope that yours has been too.

As much as I love Christmas and the excitement it brings, I also enjoy the calmness that seems to descend straight afterwards .. .. .. when all the rushing about and last minute panics all disappear into thin air .. .. .. and you make those rash promises to be more organised next year, so that everything isn't so stressful next time December comes around!  

I have made lots of "rash promises" (some might call them New Year Resolutions) and if just half of them could materialise into reality I will be pleased because even that will be an improvement.

My fingers have already got "itchy" after a few days of not crafting, and I had a quick play with my snippets before everyone else was awake and created this for taking over to the Snippets Playground Challenge, where they would like to see us use up those leftovers we hoard to create "anything but a Christmas card".


This used:

Lots of snippets (card, paper and ribbon)
Another cheap and cheerful die from Amazon
LOTV:  Sentiment Tag Stamps
Corner Rounding Punch
Nail Heads
Eyelet and Eyelet Setter
My Trusty Sewing Machine

So there we are .. .. my crafty fingers satisfied (for two minutes) and a very, very slight reduction in snippet mountain.  Not that I used all the ones I originally grabbed to play with.

A lovely blog buddy, Pauline C, who has a very inspirational blog called Passion for Papercraft asked about the stamp I used on my Christmas Day post.  It is a Penny Black Stamp called Brush Pines and if you click here it will take you to the original blog post and all the ingredients used to create the original card.

Enjoy the rest of the Christmas break.

Hopefully catch you again very soon.


13 comments:

Pauline C said...

Another fab card Jules, brilliant use of snippets. Thanks so much for the info about the stamp … I absolutely adore it! Sadly it doesn’t seem to be available anywhere in the UK but I’ll keep my eye out!
Pauline xx

Sarn said...

Gorgeous card made with your snippets (thanks for taking a photograph of them). Love the layout. All your snippets work well together.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse where we are busy finishing off the last of the party food! xxx

meg said...

Beautiful layout,papers and diecut floral embellishment

Liz said...

Fabulous card Jules, I love the colour combination. xx

Aquarius said...

That's an impressive pile of snippets and you seem to have used quite a few of them with the interesting layers on your card. A great flower die too with some neat infilling. Good luck with the 'being more organised' plans which some might call New Year Resolutions 😊.

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Jules, long time no see! So happy to have time to drop by, say 'Hi' and tell you how much I love your fab card. Hugs, Jo x

Elaine Stark said...

I love the colours of this card. Just beautiful. Elaine

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card and design Jules, I love the colours too, kate💖

Di said...

Wow Jules! What a stunning snippets card - LOVE the shades of green you used with the other perfectly complimenting colours. The result is perfection - as always!

Hugs
Di xx

HilaryJane said...

What great use of all those snippets. They have come together brilliantly. Love that you stitched each layer. Glad you enjoyed your Christmas xx

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful job with those snippets! Your card is gorgeous1

Viv said...

Beautiful colours Jules and a thoroughly lovely card!
Happy New Year. x

Carole said...

Lovely card Jules and a lot of snippets used in the making....and more made I guess!! love your paper combo and colours and I note the paper piecing. Loving your name for resolutions...I have made no rash promises this year! xx